What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Recruiting Hot List 2010

Re: CU Recruiting Hot List

Cecil Whiteside, the Cal OLB commit, is coming to CU this weekend for the KU game. :thumbsup:

Yep. This game is pretty much the season for us.

As far as recruiting goes, just learned from AZ that the other 2 visitors this weekend are Anthony Beard (LB, TX) and Daniel Munyer (OL, CA). Beard's a great prospect for us and Munyer's a guy whose commitment we need to make sure is rock solid because he's gonna blow up. We really need a "student section rushes the field" type of day.

Yep. This game is pretty much the season for us.

As far as recruiting goes, just learned from AZ that the other 2 visitors this weekend are Anthony Beard (LB, TX) and Daniel Munyer (OL, CA). Beard's a great prospect for us and Munyer's a guy whose commitment we need to make sure is rock solid because he's gonna blow up. We really need a "student section rushes the field" type of day.

You ask, and they deliver, field rush and all...

yesterday would have been a good visit day, obviously

Dontrell Onuahu, the CA DT, continues to see his stock rise during his senior year. Per Rivals, his coach believes he is scheduled to come to Boulder November 27th for the Nebraska game. :thumbsup:

4* California WR, Paul Richardson, is planning to take an official visit to CU on November 7th for the Texas A&M game. Clark Evans was Richardson's QB.

SaQwan Edwards, the emerging WR prospect from Texas, was previously scheduled to visit this weekend for the Mizzou game. He is going to come out for the Texas A&M game instead.

looking like a huge weekend for us recruiting wise. :woot: ... gotta hope it pops (maybe it's "popped" at home, and not away?) :rolleyes:

My hope is never ending. GOD ****ING DAMMIT. :bang:

Eight visitors scheduled this weekend for Missou:
Per Rivals:

Nick Hirschman (Commit)
Mister Jones (Commit)
Harold Mobley
Evan Palelei
Tyler Slavin
Kevin Smith
Chidera Uzo-Diribe (Commit)
Demetrius Wright

Scout says "as many as 10 will visit CU this weekend" but then lists only 4 names:
Nick Hirschman
Evan Palelei
Tyler Slavin
Chidera Uzo-Diribe

However, we have 7 commitments overall and 3 of them are visiting the same weekend. This is always a good moment for the undecided kids to decide they want to be part of the same group. Snowball fights and recruits can be a good thing.

Great info AJ. Really hope we can lock up Uzo-Diribe this weekend and make him a solid verbal. Also very happy to see Demetrius Wright visiting. That kid is a dynamite DB prospect.

wasn't there a rumor that Paul Jones visiting us? What ever happened to that?

Got talked out of it by the Penn State coaching staff. We are still in contact, but not sure a visit will actually happen.

wasn't there a rumor that Paul Jones visiting us? What ever happened to that?

What happened to that is that we intentionally stopped talking about it after hearing on the recruiting site boards that Jones was getting pressured not to take the trip. In a rare act of internet responsibility, people stopped talking about it this week because the chatter caused a reaction from the PSU faithful... and there's probably about a 50% chance he's in Boulder right now (some issues with weather/flights, too). The coaches were obviously working this hard and it's been back and forth.

:smile2: ...my bad. See, valdez is great, but between you, BB, AJ and others, the site will be fine.

I sat next to the recruits yesterday in the student section....wow, was that embarrassing...every one but 2 of them sat down and texted for 3 quarters.

Only 2 people that showed any interest...Hirschman & Mister Jones

I sat next to the recruits yesterday in the student section....wow, was that embarrassing...every one but 2 of them sat down and texted for 3 quarters.

Ouch. Thanks for the info. :sad1:

:bang: Huge recruiting weekend and we come out like that. At least Hirschmann and Jones were the ones into it. It'd be epic fail to lose those guys.

Interview with Grammage last night made it sound like the 4 guys from Compton (Smith, Street, Davis & Gammage) would like to go to college together. If so, we're in great shape on getting these commitments.

Teenagers are different ... we don't know that they weren't texting ALL their friends saying, "OMG, I am sitting in Colorado right now and it's awesome. This place is SO COOL!"

If a kid wasn't communicating with all his buds back home, then I'd be worried. So not reading too much into the texting, since I've been around kids lately that are glued to their electronic devices.

I don't know, some people can't seem to not open their cell phone every 2 minutes, but I'd think being at a football game and around a bunch of their possible future teammates, it'd be a better sign that they were watching the game and socializing. I don't really know, I'm 24 so it's basically my generation that has fallen in love with texting and such, I just think it's something to do when you're bored. A lot of people my age and younger don't see it that way, though.

Just commenting in general btw, I really have no idea what recruits do at a game you guys would know a lot more. For all I know Darrell Scott laid down and took a nap when he visited for the Missouri game and still committed.

Ramon Abreu has been confirmed by Rivals as an official visitor for the Texas A&M game. :thumbsup:

Based on my 14-year-old, texting is up there with breathing as far as importance.

Bottom line and my observations were that they were all into it off the start....standing, watching the game, talking to the students...and by the time it was 21-0, everyone but our 2 current verbal commits sat down and hardly watched the game again.

Newly identified CU offer Kirk Poston (DE from Houston, TX) will be making an official visit to Folsom this Saturday for the aTm game. :thumbsup:

Scout is reporting that Justin Favors, the big tight end from Ohio, is coming for a visit this weekend for TAMU.

3 Louisiana prospects will be visiting for the TAMU game:

DT Harold Legania
QB Munchie Legaux
WR Keenan Canty

A couple Hagan prospects from Los Angeles are visiting for TAMU:

CB Gregory Ducre (Crenshaw)
WR Donnie Duncan (Hamilton)

Both have good speed.

Back