What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Season Ticket Update - July 7 deadline, Only season ticket holders in Folsom this Year (Likely)

Darth Snow

Hawaiian Buffalo
Club Member
Junta Member
From CU:

We hope you’re doing well during this time and appreciate your continued support of our athletic department. In an effort to prepare for the 2020 football season and our protocols for health and safety in Folsom Field, we want to let you know that the University of Colorado will cut off the sale of season tickets at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, July 7. Customers who have already renewed their season tickets or are currently on a bill plan do not need to take any action at this time.

We anticipate that only those customers who have purchased season tickets will have access to game tickets this season. At this time, we do not know if, or how many, people will be allowed in the stadium this fall and we will communicate our plan once we know what will be allowable.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to create the best fan experience possible for the upcoming season. If you have not yet renewed your season tickets but are ready to do so, please visit cubuffs.com/tickets to sign-in to your account, call the CU Athletic Ticket Office at 303-492-8337, or email cutix@colorado.edu to secure your seats.

New Buffs fans thinking of obtaining tickets for this season can call 303-492-8337 or email the Ticket Office at cutix@colorado.edu.

Just read that. Looks like I will not be renewing. Will call this week to discuss with them. Not giving them money for games I cannot and probably do not want to go to.

Will buy my two tickets and call it a donation to the AD if I can’t go. AD better come up with some perks for those who do this

Still think it’s too soon to make decisions like this. Way too much can change in the next two months.
They leave a lot of wiggle room. To me it reads like an admission of the ceiling for the fall, which is games being played with minimal to no fans in the stadium. The floor is not yet set and they say they have no idea what's gonna happen.

It’s a highly fluid environment right now. I think there’s a better than average chance that conditions will be very different in 8 weeks. Decisions based on current conditions have a good chance of being bad decisions then and it doesn’t make sense to me to be coming to conclusions about anything right now. OTOH, I do think it’s wise to be coming up with contingency plans that cover a wide variety of scenarios.

It’s a highly fluid environment right now. I think there’s a better than average chance that conditions will be very different in 8 weeks. Decisions based on current conditions have a good chance of being bad decisions then and it doesn’t make sense to me to be coming to conclusions about anything right now. OTOH, I do think it’s wise to be coming up with contingency plans that cover a wide variety of scenarios.
Sure. However, I believe they have a deadline for season tickets anyways, correct? Everything else can be easily changed.

My experience with all of this is they are contact tracing everything so they want to know who has came down with the virus and who they have been in contact with. Probably hard to do with general tickets.

As a season ticket holder, I’m still not in a place where I would feel comfortable using those tickets. Maybe I will feel differently once the games begin.

I’m guessing that’s in the 15K-19K range. Under 50%.

wonder if some kind of open seating concept would apply to keep peeps 6ft apart.

Just heard right now football is on for 30% capacity

We oughta be able to sell that out....

I'm going to guess they allow 3-5 games per season ticket holder based on priority number, and a tiered game selection schedule based on priority number.

I'm keeping my tix active as well...

Waiting for a call from them. Sent them an email and left a vm this morning. I am not renewing at my current cost and looking for options to move to lower cost seats. No way I am giving them the coin it would require to keep my current seats.

Waiting for a call from them. Sent them an email and left a vm this morning. I am not renewing at my current cost and looking for options to move to lower cost seats. No way I am giving them the coin it would require to keep my current seats.
I renewed but was pissed at higher prices. I'm also wanting to explore a seat the next level down in price.
If you get any news let me know please.

It’s pretty bad optics to raise ticket prices now.
This on the heels of the massive increase for required Buff Club donations last year at a time when there might not even be a season this fall and oh by the way, the football team sucks. I get that they’re trying to balance the budget, but we are all trying to balance our own budgets right now.

I renewed but was pissed at higher prices. I'm also wanting to explore a seat the next level down in price.
If you get any news let me know please.
The gave me 3 options

1. Full refund
2. Roll over tickets to next year
3. Donate all or partial ticket price to the Buff Club

It’s not exactly like they’re holding your money hostage

Just got my call and the ticket manager was really cool. I did not have to put anything down and am guaranteed my tix for 2021 and will not lose any priority points. I told her if my situation changed in the next month (I am looking for work after having been laid off) and it very well could, I would call her back and pony up.

They ended up doing the right thing on this one and I appreciated it. I have had tix since my frosh year in 85 without missing a season even when I got transferred out of state. I have steadily moved up in seatting and now reside in a place I do not want to lose. I also have had BBall tix for more than 10 years.

I will make sure that they get their share when I get my next gig (hoping and working hard on this one right now).

Just got my call and the ticket manager was really cool. I did not have to put anything down and am guaranteed my tix for 2021 and will not lose any priority points. I told her if my situation changed in the next month (I am looking for work after having been laid off) and it very well could, I would call her back and pony up.

They ended up doing the right thing on this one and I appreciated it. I have had tix since my frosh year in 85 without missing a season even when I got transferred out of state. I have steadily moved up in seatting and now reside in a place I do not want to lose. I also have had BBall tix for more than 10 years.

I will make sure that they get their share when I get my next gig (hoping and working hard on this one right now).
Good luck BB. was where you are last year! worked out better in the long run for me

Haven't called me, haven't emailed me at all, unless there is a message at home or it is coming. Of course I renewed in January I think or early February.

I’m starting to think that if the choice is between playing in front of 15k in the fall and 50k in the Spring, they’ll choose to delay the season. I suspect every school and conference is starting to come around to that idea as well.

I’m starting to think that if the choice is between playing in front of 15k in the fall and 50k in the Spring, they’ll choose to delay the season. I suspect every school and conference is starting to come around to that idea as well.
Not sure it’s that’s clear. Who is to say everything will be normal in the Spring? Certainly a gamble

Not sure it’s that’s clear. Who is to say everything will be normal in the Spring? Certainly a gamble
Exactly. I see no reason to think we'll be back to normal in the spring. Possibly the following spring.

Who is to say it will ever be normal again? The chances are a lot better in March than they are in September. Most predictions that I’ve seen seem to call for a vaccine by late 2020 or early 2021. That would be a game changer.

Back