What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Secondary 2009

You mean except for all of last season?

"All of last season was elective". He was still playing in the Alabama game and he played with ALL of those injuries. He "elected" to redshirt and have all of these injuries addressed serially. I remember reading that he could have gotten by with a surgery or two in the offseason and played this year, but he wanted to fix things NOW while CU was paying for them and to also make sure he was as healthy as possible for his last year and the push to the NFL. His decision to have all of these injuries addressed was his decision not the coaching staff's...

The biggest reason the DB's were able to impress this past season was that we had solid DL play, especially Hypolite and Nicolas.

They are both gone, as is Maurice Lucas. If Kaynor, Cunningham, Goree, Brace, Herrod, Obi, Shields, and Pericak can't step up as a solid pass-rush unit this upcoming season, then the DB's will not be able to hang with all the spread offenses in the league.

Great to see the depth building there, and hopefully at LB (injuries, grades, etc) but the DL is the key, especially the inside.

I have pretty bad vision, but I didn't see very much good DL play this past season :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more. The DL play this year was very disappointing. Decent against the run but they got absolutly no pressure once again.

I'm looking forward to getting some new blood in there and see what they can do. The db's did a great job this year and with Burney coming back I like the depth. Wish we could get more speed at safety but that will come.

All in all, I like they way our secondary and linebacker depth and experience looks! Can't say that the D-line will be as good though.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but DB Lamont Smith is no longer on the team (academics). I don't know if the guy was going to push for a starting/2 deep spot, but I think at a minimum we lost some dime and special teams depth.

+1 scholarship though - go get a new DB Hawk!

I have pretty bad vision, but I didn't see very much good DL play this past season :rolleyes:

The DL played better as juniors, and our LB's who should have been a strength didn't perform as dominate as we thought. Mohler was great and beatty had some flashes but our front 7, especially on run defense was poor last season.

I know I harp on getting pressure and sacks but we have to do amuch better job vs the run this season.

Back