What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU to hire SJSU´s Mike MacIntyre

For those wondering this year's schedule turned out like this

#21 Stanford L 17-20
UC Davis W 45-13
CSU W 40-20
@SDSU W 38-34
@Navy W 12-0
USU L 27-49
@UTSA W 52-24
Texas State W 31-20
@ Idaho W 42-12
@ NMSU 47-7
BYU 20-14
Louisiana Tech W 52-43

He did give up a lot of points to the lower level teams it appears but everything seemed to tighten up against the better teams on the schedule.

He has SJSU ranked #24 and playing in the Military Bowl against Bowling Green. Not a bad season for a formally bottom level WAC team.

They beat 5 current Bowl teams too. I like that.

Seems pretty clear that MacIntyre is a fall back coach, and that the BCS coaches they were after told the Buffs no.

That's not really a surprise, given the status of CU's football program.

Pete Carroll was a fall back coach. Mack Brown was not the TX AD's first choice. It's all speculation. Do your DD, pull the trigger and let's see what the results are.

Pete Carroll was a fall back coach. Mack Brown was not the TX AD's first choice. It's all speculation. Do your DD, pull the trigger and let's see what the results are.
Last two times Bohn pulled the trigger he shot himself in the foot.

I like the hire. Went from 1-11 to 10-2 in 3 years. We already have done the 1-11, maybe we can get to the 5-7 next season.

Welcome Coach MacIntyre and get yer ass to work!!!!

I don't think this is a bad choice. I think the Buffs can improve with this guy. For now that is good enough for me. I'll get excited about this when we become a real football team again instead of the facsimile we have been for the past several years.

This!

This dude gets it!

Forman subsequently instituted an aggressive strength program, using a mantra he stole from motivational speaker Jim Rohn: "You can either choose the pain of discipline or the pain of regret."
MacIntrye, meanwhile, organized a plan to have he or one of his assistant coaches meet and personally shake the hand of every single high school football coach in California. MacIntyre also organized "traveling San Jose State camps" at high school fields in San Diego, Bakersfield, Los Angeles, Ontario and Sacramento. They were one-day clinics that cost $40 for players to attend -- but also served as evaluation sessions. The high school coaches were encouraged to send along any player they thought had college potential.
"California is like four states in one," MacIntyre said. "It was a way for us to spread the word about San Jose State. If we sign 20 players in a recruiting season, at least 17 or 20 of them have been at our camps."

Yep!

Sounds solid. I'm good with it. But, man, one good season and he makes this move? Not a great body of work to evaluate is there?

A lot depends on who he brings in for a staff, but I'm happy with MacIntyre. We will be better and assuming that facility upgrades are tied into the hiring, we'll be in a good position going forward.

I like this hire among the second tier guys. I wish we could have gotten a flashier name/BCS coach, but we're not in a good position for that to happen right now.

I hope money saved on this hire can go to facilities.

Sounds solid. I'm good with it. But, man, one good season and he makes this move? Not a great body of work to evaluate is there?

Considering where they were when he was hired (2 wins, talking about dropping football entirely, little fan support, facilities not great), I think I might include that 5 win second season as a "good season".

Hell no. Two prerequisites should be that 1) MacIntyre bring Dave Foreman and 2) He CANNOT recruit his son to play QB

I don't know anything about SJSU's strength & conditioning coach, but Blacken is a good S&C coach and apparently very popular with the players. I'm not against MacIntyre bringing his own guy, but I'd also be happy with Blacken sticking around.

I don't know anything about SJSU's strength & conditioning coach, but Blacken is a good S&C coach and apparently very popular with the players. I'm not against MacIntyre bringing his own guy, but I'd also be happy with Blacken sticking around.

I would love two guys. Seems a little absurd for one person to handle with 85 players/ so many different positions.

while I am excited about the possibility of what a coach like him can accomplish at a bigger program, the first thing I worry about when talking about moving from a WAC school to CU is the question of recruiting kids who can get into school here. We tend to have higher standards than SJSU, Fresno, Boise, etc. Hopefully he can maneuver that minefield. Now - staff and facilities!

Last I read, he had DUKE and VANDY in his background....neither of which is a slouch at academics.

That's got to please the CU admissions folks some.

I like it...has been around some really good coaches, coaches in his bloodlines and around "smart schools"...I really think bionicmac is going to be a good 1. Watch out college world - here comes the Mighty Buffs!!

I like the hire, very solid. Heard about it on the Brando show a few hours ago. He was interviewing a guy that was a GA under MacIntyre, believe at Ole Miss with Cutcliffe as well. Anyhow, he had really good things to say, said the dude lives for a challenge. Well, welcome to that challenge. He also had an interesting take on his approach to assistants. I guess he had assistants, on his staff before, spread out from regions across the country. He kept losing them, mostly because they wanted to stay closer to home. He said MacIntyre wouldnt make that same mistake twice and to look for a heavy dose of WC assistants, take it fwiw.

Team tackling went into HS levels under Blacken. When your guys can't tackle, have to look at the S&C guy, in addition to defensive coaches for technique. Get him out ASAP!

Great hire!!! Mike MacIntyre is a fantastic coach who has the recruiting skills, football acumen and knowhow to take Colorado back to her glory days. Now you guys can leave our coach Tim DeRuyter alone and I can go back to being a Fresno State fan. I'm tired of dissing our own coach.

Good Luck, Buffs. We'll see you in Boulder next year; but our job just got a LOT tougher ... a LOT tougher.

Back