What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs [REDACTED]- GAME THREAD

Three changes are essential to the survival of the Pac 12 as we know it in my opinion-
1) Larry Scott gets fired
2) The conference HQ is moved out of the state of California (because corporate real estate pretty much everywhere else is cheaper).
3) The conference sells a stake in the Pac 12 Networks to somebody who knows what they're doing for their help.

I’m good with that. And if the whole farce requires the CU equipment truck to drive in circles in Nevada before it gets hijacked and winds up in a chop shop in Fresno, I’m good with that too.

I’m good with that. And if the whole farce requires the CU equipment truck to drive in circles in Nevada before it gets hijacked and winds up in a chop shop in Fresno, I’m good with that too.

If you're good continuing in this ****ing ****show of a conference (which I'll take that you are given your sarcasm in this post) as it stands, you don't want what's best for this university.

Really? prove to me you do.
The CU AD is never going to just go rogue and act out deliberately against what the conference decides while it is still trying to be a member of it. You can suggest CU should leave and you can share your opinion about what you wish they could do, but that doesn’t change the reality of the situation. Your posts about all of this have only been your fantasies of what you want to see happen, but none of it has ever been rooted in reality.

The CU AD is never going to just go rogue and act out deliberately against what the conference decides while it is still trying to be a member of it. You can suggest CU should leave and you can share your opinion about what you wish they could do, but that doesn’t change the reality of the situation. Your posts about all of this have only been your fantasies of what you want to see happen, but none of it has ever been rooted in reality.

The conference should not be trying to stage a farce of a championship game during a global pandemic involving an Oregon team who will take a .500 record into bowl season if they lose Friday night-whether or not we're involved in it. If you want to pair USC and CU (because we're ranked still) to try and get USC the highest quality opponent in the opinion of the CFP committee possible, yeah-okay.........that makes a little bit of sense. Let me put it this way-If Florida and/or Northwestern had COVID positives this week, do you think the Big 10 and SEC would be telling Iowa and Georgia "Hey, be ready-you're going to the conference championship if the teams who finished ahead of you can't play?" No. Ohio State and Alabama would be crowned champions and sent to the playoff-because the Big 10 and SEC aren't run by a group of dipshits.

Let me make two other points. If we had competent leadership, undefeated USC would not be ranked behind two Group of 5 teams and four teams with two losses. Not only that, but the fact that we're having to ask the ass-clowns in charge what happens if Oregon can't play is ****ing absurd. Would you watch a "championship game" featuring a Stanford team who has already opted out of a bowl game? I sure as hell wouldn't. What kind of a ****ing clown show is this league? Klatt told Schlereth and Evans today there are schools who are looking to leave this conference in a couple of years-and you're kidding yourself if you don't think we're one of the schools he's talking about.

I've said this already-I believe the Big 12 is going to try to poach CU, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State from this league before their current TV deals expire in 2023 IIRC. Barring drastic changes in this conference (I've already outlined what I think needs to happen), CU needs to be prepared to at least listen to that in my view-because that's what I believe is in the best interests of the AD and this institution at this time.

ln1.gif

The conference should not be trying to stage a farce of a championship game during a global pandemic involving an Oregon team who will take a .500 record into bowl season if they lose Friday night-whether or not we're involved in it. If you want to pair USC and CU (because we're ranked still) to try and get USC the highest quality opponent in the opinion of the CFP committee possible, yeah-okay.........that makes a little bit of sense. Let me put it this way-If Florida and/or Northwestern had COVID positives this week, do you think the Big 10 and SEC would be telling Iowa and Georgia "Hey, be ready-you're going to the conference championship if the teams who finished ahead of you can't play?" No. Ohio State and Alabama would be crowned champions and sent to the playoff-because the Big 10 and SEC aren't run by a group of dipshits.

Let me make two other points. If we had competent leadership, undefeated USC would not be ranked behind two Group of 5 teams and four teams with two losses. Not only that, but the fact that we're having to ask the ass-clowns in charge what happens if Oregon can't play is ****ing absurd. Would you watch a "championship game" featuring a Stanford team who has already opted out of a bowl game? I sure as hell wouldn't. What kind of a ****ing clown show is this league? Klatt told Schlereth and Evans today there are schools who are looking to leave this conference in a couple of years-and you're kidding yourself if you don't think we're one of the schools he's talking about.

I've said this already-I believe the Big 12 is going to try to poach CU, Utah, Arizona, and Arizona State from this league before their current TV deals expire in 2023 IIRC. Barring drastic changes in this conference (I've already outlined what I think needs to happen), CU needs to be prepared to at least listen to that in my view-because that's what I believe is in the best interests of the AD and this institution at this time.

The Big 12 cannot possibly think that CU, UU, ASU, and UA are the best they can do.

Not to mention, with WVU and ASU/UA, you're talking about a 4 time zone conference for the first 3 months of football season. That is utterly unworkable in the long term.

The Big XII would aim for USC and UCLA long before the four you mention. Maybe they'd take a couple with though.

And USC would probably choose to go independent before it joined a conference where it had to take a back seat to the demands of OU and UT.
Depends on the money. Agree SC would love independent if they could make it work. They'd definitely get tons of scheduling interest from almost anyone they want.

Okay less than 0 percent chance
Sure big guy.

To the original point- Big XII taking CU/ UU/ ASU/ UA- I don't see it. That would be telling the Big XII they can make more money per school by taking four teams who don't earn nearly as much per school and who aren't even the revenue-generators in their current conference.

Personally I hope the PAC survives as is just fine. I like being part of a western conference. But obviously there's continued trouble. Scott getting his ass fired would be a great first step.

Sure big guy.

To the original point- Big XII taking CU/ UU/ ASU/ UA- I don't see it. That would be telling the Big XII they can make more money per school by taking four teams who don't earn nearly as much per school and who aren't even the revenue-generators in their current conference.

Personally I hope the PAC survives as is just fine. I like being part of a western conference. But obviously there's continued trouble. Scott getting his ass fired would be a great first step.
The big 12 isn’t adding anyone. They only make more money right now because they have less members. It’s a pointless discussion.

The big 12 isn’t adding anyone. They only make more money right now because they have less members. It’s a pointless discussion.
There are few teams who could actually generate enough money to raise the average for everyone in the Big XII. USC is certainly one of them.

Do I think it will happen? Hello no. Is the fact that USC could make much more money in the Big XII than they do in the PAC reason to believe it's theoretically possible? Certainly.

Anyways, let's get back to bitching about normal stuff. Like uniforms and ****.

There are few teams who could actually generate enough money to raise the average for everyone in the Big XII. USC is certainly one of them.

Do I think it will happen? Hello no. Is the fact that USC could make much more money in the Big XII than they do in the PAC reason to believe it's theoretically possible? Certainly.

Usc isn’t making a move to the big 12 to make 5 million more a year.

I feel like Sackman would want me to say "accretive" at this point. Carry on.

CU at 5-7 (4-5), meaning they have us losing to either CSU or Fresno in addition to A&M.

Bunch of teams at 8-4 (five total).
I went through this yesterday and came to the following conclusion, which is giving them wins over the teams they actually beat this year (UCLA, Stanford, Arizona), Loss vs Utah, and then equating SDSU win with Fresno State. That gets them to 4-1 and then I think they beat CSU handily and beat Washington State at home to get them to 6 wins. ASU at home would have been a toss up game in my mind, so 6-7 wins total on this season and going to the LA Bowl or something.

Would the 247 board be excusing the 59th ranked recruiting class if they went 6-6?

@CSU - W
Fresno - W
@aTm - L
Oregon - L
@Arizona - W
UCLA - W
ASU - W/L
@USC - L
Wash St - W
@Stanford - W
@UW - L
Utah - L

CU at 5-7 (4-5), meaning they have us losing to either CSU or Fresno in addition to A&M.

Bunch of teams at 8-4 (five total).

So, if we played seven more games, we'd go 1-6 in those games? I'd be mad but that is so damn consistent with actual results over the last decade that I'm just impressed.

(Yes, I understand my first statement above does not reflect the exact premise of the article.)

I went through this yesterday and came to the following conclusion, which is giving them wins over the teams they actually beat this year (UCLA, Stanford, Arizona), Loss vs Utah, and then equating SDSU win with Fresno State. That gets them to 4-1 and then I think they beat CSU handily and beat Washington State at home to get them to 6 wins. ASU at home would have been a toss up game in my mind, so 6-7 wins total on this season and going to the LA Bowl or something.

Would the 247 board be excusing the 59th ranked recruiting class if they went 6-6?

@CSU - W
Fresno - W
@aTm - L
Oregon - L
@Arizona - W
UCLA - W
ASU - W/L
@USC - L
Wash St - W
@Stanford - W
@UW - L
Utah - L
I have to ask. Was this an official simulation?

Back