What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs [REDACTED]- GAME THREAD

Yeah, Washington is using Covid as a reason why they can’t be ready for Independence Bowl. Oregon winning would put UW in Armed Forces and us in Indy most likely.

Excuse? I disagree. Washington discovered 14 new positives this week. If I'm the Alamo (if USC wins tonight) or the Armed Forces Bowls (if Oregon wins tonight) and I have to make a decision Sunday, I'm taking the team (if I can get them) that is healthy now-we know who that is.

Larry Scott will be gone in 2021. Waiting for worst of Covid to pass first, before beginning search for his replacement.

It’s an attractive job, if for nothing else because the bar has been set so low.

Larry Scott will be gone in 2021. Waiting for worst of Covid to pass first, before beginning search for his replacement.

It’s an attractive job, if for nothing else because the bar has been set so low.
The new commission could make a couple moves in his first week and everyone will love him for years.

1) I am moving the pac 12 headquarters to Phoenix
2) my name is not Larry Scott and I am not the highest paid commissioner in the P5
3) we are restructuring the pac 12 network to be more focused on football and basketball with more input from local reporters to fill content
4) did I mention my name is not Larry Scott?

The new commission could make a couple moves in his first week and everyone will love him for years.

1) I am moving the pac 12 headquarters to Phoenix
2) my name is not Larry Scott and I am not the highest paid commissioner in the P5
3) we are restructuring the pac 12 network to be more focused on football and basketball with more input from local reporters to fill content
4) did I mention my name is not Larry Scott?

Yup. Lots of low hanging fruit.

Would selfishly be pretty pissed if the players opted out of the bowl. I need this!!!! Lol.

I think the players will want to play however
In all seriousness: on a philosophical level, why are these players playing this game (D1 Football)?

In all seriousness: on a philosophical level, why are these players playing this game (D1 Football)?
I have a lot of compassion for the difficult position our players find themselves in. Historically speaking, choosing to be with family and playing football didn't have to be mutually exclusive.

Having said that, I remember the theme at the beginning of the season--across the nation--was "we want to play". I'm excited that our Buffs seem to overwhelmingly recognize the significance of being in a bowl game this season, and appear to be ready to make that sacrifice and do that work.

might have dodged a bullet not going to California this weekend. Covid is really ramped up and hospitals are buckling, I am surprised the game has not been called off

Thinking out loud....no bueno on the Alamo thinking back to 16....on the other hand the Alamo appearance could have long term recruiting benefits. I've watched almost all of ISU's games this season (their TE's will kill us) and they're nothing we want a 5 game team to go up against should they lose to OU. < can't believe I typed this...
Thinking out loud again but I would love to see the BUFFS go to a bowl that matched us with a team we would never be tied to in a normal year. Auburn, FSU, NC State, SMU, Tulsa, Louisville, Iowa, NW--- a reach but I wouldn't mind a crack at the U.

Thinking out loud....no bueno on the Alamo thinking back to 16....on the other hand the Alamo appearance could have long term recruiting benefits. I've watched almost all of ISU's games this season (their TE's will kill us) and they're nothing we want a 5 game team to go up against should they lose to OU. < can't believe I typed this...
Thinking out loud again but I would love to see the BUFFS go to a bowl that matched us with a team we would never be tied to in a normal year. Auburn, FSU, NC State, SMU, Tulsa, Louisville, Iowa, NW--- a reach but I wouldn't mind a crack at the U.
At least we can all get ****ed up at the bars on the river walk, bitches.

Using your logic-bring on the Independence Bowl vs. Army bitches!!!!

Shreveport here we come!

At least we can all get ****ed up at the bars on the river walk, bitches.
Didn't work out so well last time...I'll pass
Don't tell me you wouldn't enjoy watching the BUFFs square off with Ark. or Ole Miss. LOL no defense to speak of probably & come down to the last 2:00 minutes.

I was in Shreveport in January. Independence Stadium looked like crap. Do they still play the bowl game there, or is there another stadium they use now?

I actually went to the Independence Bowl on my way to Dallas for our Cotton Bowl win over Oregon. Got on the field and paid $5 - witnessed LSU vs Michigan State Don’t even remember who won, but Nick Sabin was coaching for Michigan St.

I was in Shreveport in January. Independence Stadium looked like crap. Do they still play the bowl game there, or is there another stadium they use now?
It's the same venue depending on the weather it can look like crap in Jan. however there is a Whataburger about 2 miles away.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the Independence when after 12-15 practices Coach Mac brought out the I Bone? It's all a blur.

Back