What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU vs Utah 12/12 10:00 AM Fox BIG NOON SATURDAY - GAME THREAD

I had high hopes after the short, but sweet, B.Rice variety show. That kid is a player. It’s like the Landman injury just let the 2017-19 Buffs in and turtle the rest of the game.

Get the next guys up at QB, ILB...Noyer came up lame after running out of the locker room. Reminiscent of when good Montez got dinged in last year’s USC game and Stenstrom was doing well...yet the put Montez back in, only it was Bad Montez.

JVD is not competent at ILB. Massage and coax the idea into Mangham that he’ll see quality field time at D. Maybe give Wells some plays at ILB, and have Mangham outside...probably more likely for next season...but there’s x amount of weeks until the possible bowl game.

no more Joe Davis...hell give Stacks those carries, if you want a rotation. Why is Clayton never out there in the second half?

I love KD Nixon, and was so excited for him after some of his plays his first year, and then getting that long TD against CSU in 2018. It’s kind of safe to say the guys that came in after him have developed better, and true freshman are flashing brighter. Same with Arias.

honestly, I don’t think Noyer will return next year, leaving the QB1 battle wide open and ???? again. If he stays, I expect Lewis to step up and pass him with a full spring and summer (possibly...hopefully). Lytle just doesn’t seem to have it at this level. I see him transferring out to a G5 school. I’m happy for Noyer’s dedication and stepping up after coming back.

I want to like Chev...he’s done some great things as a coach and recruiter here. I just think he needs to focus on recruiting and WRs. His play calling is all over the place and yet predictable all at once.

the defense is on the brink. Keep Summers around. New OC, QB coach seems solid, Coach Rod is a keeper, LB coach is a keeper.

I’m surprised about this season. It was wild and unexpected! I love the Buffs.

JFC, I’m not saying there weren’t other factors that led to the loss. They scored 31 points after Landman went down. That was the catalyst in the loss. The inept offense was secondary as they held an 11 point lead that I don’t believe they give up of Landman plays the whole game.
Don't waste your time with Hawg, it'll just be a smug sentence fragment response.

Don't waste your time with Hawg, it'll just be a smug sentence fragment response.
I’m good with hawg. I understand the offense wasn’t good in the second half, but with Landman playing, Utah’s offense couldn’t do anything outside the opening drive. CU had a two score lead. I don’t think they score 28 unanswered, and 31 total after he goes out, if he doesn’t get injured.

CU still has no depth at certain positions and we go into every year with injuries and the team implodes because we then lack talent to compete properly. Landman covered up a ton on defense and Utah is well coached so that was easy to abuse.

Going to need to find talent at ILB for 2021 or we are in big trouble. Laughable how bad it was once Landman went out.

I'll take 4-1 any and all day in 2020. Pretty comical seeing people imploding after that game.

I’m good with hawg. I understand the offense wasn’t good in the second half, but with Landman playing, Utah’s offense couldn’t do anything outside the opening drive. CU had a two score lead. I don’t think they score 28 unanswered, and 31 total after he goes out, if he doesn’t get injured.
It's amazing how one player's presence on the field can change the course of a game. I would find it hard to believe how any Buff follower wouldn't rate Nate as one of the top 3 LBs to ever play at CU.

CU still has no depth at certain positions and we go into every year with injuries and the team implodes because we then lack talent to compete properly. Landman covered up a ton on defense and Utah is well coached so that was easy to abuse.

Going to need to find talent at ILB for 2021 or we are in big trouble. Laughable how bad it was once Landman went out.

I'll take 4-1 any and all day in 2020. Pretty comical seeing people imploding after that game.
Yeah, i just can't get over how bad the D looked without him. Just awful.

Any chance if all the North teams are out that we can just schedule someone else a la SDSU?

It's amazing how one player's presence on the field can change the course of a game. I would find it hard to believe how any Buff follower wouldn't rate Nate as one of the top 3 LBs to ever play at CU.
To 5-10 for sure. Not sure he's quite on the level of Biekert, Big Al, Brown or Russell. But he's damn close.

Does anyone know what the injury was?

He put out some really good film for the NFL and I wonder what his combine numbers would look like.

Who started the Nate appreciation thread? Ban? 😁

I had high hopes after the short, but sweet, B.Rice variety show. That kid is a player. It’s like the Landman injury just let the 2017-19 Buffs in and turtle the rest of the game.

Get the next guys up at QB, ILB...Noyer came up lame after running out of the locker room. Reminiscent of when good Montez got dinged in last year’s USC game and Stenstrom was doing well...yet the put Montez back in, only it was Bad Montez.

JVD is not competent at ILB. Massage and coax the idea into Mangham that he’ll see quality field time at D. Maybe give Wells some plays at ILB, and have Mangham outside...probably more likely for next season...but there’s x amount of weeks until the possible bowl game.

no more Joe Davis...hell give Stacks those carries, if you want a rotation. Why is Clayton never out there in the second half?

I love KD Nixon, and was so excited for him after some of his plays his first year, and then getting that long TD against CSU in 2018. It’s kind of safe to say the guys that came in after him have developed better, and true freshman are flashing brighter. Same with Arias.

honestly, I don’t think Noyer will return next year, leaving the QB1 battle wide open and ???? again. If he stays, I expect Lewis to step up and pass him with a full spring and summer (possibly...hopefully). Lytle just doesn’t seem to have it at this level. I see him transferring out to a G5 school. I’m happy for Noyer’s dedication and stepping up after coming back.

I want to like Chev...he’s done some great things as a coach and recruiter here. I just think he needs to focus on recruiting and WRs. His play calling is all over the place and yet predictable all at once.

the defense is on the brink. Keep Summers around. New OC, QB coach seems solid, Coach Rod is a keeper, LB coach is a keeper.

I’m surprised about this season. It was wild and unexpected! I love the Buffs.
I like the LB coach; but not sure when there seems to be zero depth behind Landman. JVD was about as effective as Espinoza Island. Utes zeroed in on him and buried the Buffs.

Does anyone know what the injury was?

He put out some really good film for the NFL and I wonder what his combine numbers would look like.

Who started the Nate appreciation thread? Ban? 😁
I bet it’s an Achilles. He was in a Tom of pain and it was non contact. Dorrell said ankle, but you don’t get a significant ankle injury like that via non contact

Our inability to get sacks today really hurt us, for sure.
There were plenty of chances. Just couldn't get the sack. The one play where they had Bentley for a negative 8 or so yard loss and he escaped for a 12 yard gain pretty much summed up this game.

Losing to Utah was a possibility even before Landman went down. They are well coached and have the players to make their system work. When Landman went down though we lost our chance to win though.

When Landman was playing we could dictate to Utah what they could do. They couldn't run between the tackles and they couldn't throw into the short middle, and when the pocket broke the QB run wasn't an effective option.

After he went down they controlled the game running between the tackles

Noyer had far and away his most effective day throwing the ball. . . .until he took the hit and went out. When he came back he wasn't making accurate throws, he was not timing the open receivers, and he wasn't finding the open men constantly throwing into coverage.

Trying to feature KD is a mistake, we have better WRs. Arias is talented but his drops kill drives, fix it or give other guys the opportunities.

Joe Davis should not be on the field if it isn't for special teams or we are ahead by at least 20 points. He isn't a P5 RB.

JVD also isn't a P5 player, I don't care if he is perfect on his assignments, he isn't talented enough to make the play.

Landman had a great chance at winning the Butkus award this year. He is that special
He should have locked it up if any voters saw how our defense plays without him on the field. Last week against UofA and today. No other finalist could say the same.

Last edited:
I bet it’s an Achilles. He was in a Tom of pain and it was non contact. Dorrell said ankle, but you don’t get a significant ankle injury like that via non contact
I hate ankle injuries. I’ve had terrible turf burns on my knees and arms, taken knees to the head (helmet) helmets to my elbows and chin...amongst a myriad of other dings and injuries while playing football...as well as Basketball and skateboarding (broke my leg and destroyed my ankle in one fell swoop once). Nothing made me feel more hopeless than an ankle sprain. Not being able to stand for 10 minutes made it worse.

Im hoping for a bad sprain with landman. Even then it’ll take weeks if they had him in a boot and cart. Most likely if it’s a sprain, he’s still out for 6 weeks...

Back