What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU WBB - The other Rise

Remember all those tweets during that game in Montenegro between Leonard and Robinson. She wanted to go back in the game. She is a baller.

We all know that CU needs post players and I'm happy to hear they won't just take any player. Need quality players, not warm bodies.

Can't wait to see Burich play.

Okay, I am going to write about something other than the weather/climate here in Colorado.

Had a great time last night at the meet-and-greet. All the coaches in attendance were making the rounds and a pleasure to speak to regardless of the subject, which in my case wasn't always related to sports.

A couple of things from JR and Jeff Cammon (a composite):
• Buffs will be "blue collar."
• They will look to push the pace initially which right now suites the strengths of Robinson & Leonard. If they can't score quickly in transition they will be patient in the half-court.
• Defensively they want to force the opposition to play slowly and will play a variety of defenses looking at the strengths of the personnel they have.
• Focus this summer has been on the team getting stronger, so lifting weights rather as a priority over running.
• Monica Burich is almost 100% recovered from her ACL injury, and should be cleared to play 5 on 5 in the next few weeks.
• Eleanor Jones will be a very good player down the road (I took this to mean she's a bit raw) and is very athletic - she can dunk a tennis ball.

Certainly I forgot something, so I am trusting Bebe will add some details/corrections.

Glad you had a good time and JR enjoyed meeting you & chatting with you. Thank you for telling her I said to stand up straight. She said you two had a good laugh on that one. She has about the best posture I've ever seen. Eleanor injured her elbow some weeks back & the healing has been slower than planned for, but is definitely healing. That, plus a lack of solid coaching, is what accounts for 'down the road', but she will be a good one and it won't take long. She has great attitude. Spkg of which, J loves Monica Burich's attitude.

Remember all those tweets during that game in Montenegro between Leonard and Robinson. She wanted to go back in the game. She is a baller.

We all know that CU needs post players and I'm happy to hear they won't just take any player. Need quality players, not warm bodies.

Can't wait to see Burich play.

She will never take a player just to have a warm body. If shorthanded, JR, T, Jeff & Shandrika practice with the team plus J recruits guys to come practice.

CU has used male practice players for years now. I do think in the past we have given scholarships to players who didn't belong at a DI school in a major conference.

Happy to hear that Coach JR loves Burich's attitude. When I was there last November, she had her surgery and was already on the treadmill. That was at a volleyball match.

Was at the Season Ticket holders' event for a walk through of the new Athletic Facilities with my daughter. We used to go to the women's games together, frequently.
JR was there. so I walked up and introduced myself and my daughter. JR was most personable and enthusiastic about being in Boulder. She remarked about how many people she met feel that Boulder and the University are a special place. As a Boulder native and holder of two degrees from CU it was nice to hear that. My take on JR, is she will be a most positive asset to the program for a long time. ( As an aside, her kids are adorable! Jack you did an admirable job and can enjoy many good times in Boulder!)
My daughter and I will again be attending the women's games to watch her work her magic.

JR was most personable and enthusiastic about being in Boulder. She remarked about how many people she met feel that Boulder and the University are a special place.
Agreed. Was at this event as well and had a long chat with her as well Toriano. Hope to have more .

I put a few related thoughts on the other thread as did Bebe.

Since I live away, I've only exchanged an email with JR. That personality was definitely there as well as the enthusiasm.

I'm still on the fence about buying a season ticket. I tend to follow WBB very closely, and appreciate the games on TV. I just have no idea how I feel about actively getting to Boulder in order to watch the games in person is going to be. I think there's certainly some excitement to be had here given the regime change, I just wish I could test the waters before actually committing to going.

I just wish I could test the waters before actually committing to going.
Here's a suggestion, come to a game on a weekend when you won't be dealing with traffic. CU hosts Air Force on Sunday, Nov. 13 (Time TBD) and Kentucky on Saturday, November 19 (TBD). You'll have no trouble getting tickets.

If the travel, cost, and play on the court by CU work for you I am sure you can still get season tickets.

You know, I think I'll take a gander at the Stanford-Evil Dynasty Volleyball this weekend to get a feel for what the drive and going to an event is. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Back