What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU will win the North

Mizzou crushed Illinois on a neutral field and handled a desperate Nevada team's best shot in its home opener. The Tigers are still the team to beat in the B12N. KU still has that great college QB, and the Hucksters are solid enough. Should have won in Blacksburg, which ain't easy to do.

Unless CU pulls a 2009 Rockies-like turnaround (without changing skippers), winning the B12N sounds like a pipe dream to me.

I find this hilarious - scored 15 points, but "should have won." Being ahead less than a TD with a drive to go doesn't mean you "should have won." I guess the Browns "should have won" an AFC playoff game against the Broncos a lot of years ago, huh? Or a thousand other examples. There was a lot of game before NU's bad DBs got burned that influenced the outcome.

LMAO! Yes, we beat Wyoming, lose to Toledo and CSU, but we're winning the North!!!
Nevermind that Neb lost by 1 point at VT, who is kicking the crap out of Top10 Miami.

To hell with reality, I hate reality!

You're getting it now! Yes, Yes, Yes!

LMAO! Yes, we beat Wyoming, lose to Toledo and CSU, but we're winning the North!!!
Nevermind that Neb lost by 1 point at VT, who is kicking the crap out of Top10 Miami.

To hell with reality, I hate reality!
Hey, **** head, change your handle to "BuffNausia"

:lol: JK

****, I'm realizing that I'm becoming the "laugh at you own jokes" guy. :cry:

College FB history is littered with teams that have started very slow but the exploded late.

I think you are marginally sane :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I actually don't find what DBT is saying that unbelievable. After the Wyo game last weekend i probably would have said that it was, but they beat a decent UNLV team today. That coupled with the fact that Kansas only won by seven, Mizzou only beat a poor Nevada team by ten tells me that it may be doable. It's not crazy.

If Washington can beat USC, anything is possible.

yes. but, i believe it is sustained success we are looking for as CU fans.

an upset here and there is nice if you are northwestern, kentucky, duke, indiana ect.

that is good for those programs. we expect CU to not only be competitive with teams like OU and WVU, we expect that when CU beats them, its not an upset.

CU got W's over #3 OU and a ranked WVU team the last two years but i would not consider what CU has done outside of those two games as sustained success.

there is the rub. none of us have any reason to suspect that CU can put any sort of a successful run together. God bless them if it happens but, i just dont hold much hope. not under the Hawk regime.

and that sucks.

yes. but, i believe it is sustained success we are looking for as CU fans.

an upset here and there is nice if you are northwestern, kentucky, duke, indiana ect.

that is good for those programs. we expect CU to not only be competitive with teams like OU and WVU, we expect that when CU beats them, its not an upset.

CU got W's over #3 OU and a ranked WVU team the last two years but i would not consider what CU has done outside of those two games as sustained success.

there is the rub. none of us have any reason to suspect that CU can put any sort of a successful run together. God bless them if it happens but, i just dont hold much hope. not under the Hawk regime.

and that sucks.

:nod::stupid:

Okay. I get it. CU is a contender for the north until they are not.

Look out Jerry World, here comes Colorado!

:drink::gobuffs:

We will likely lose to WVU. DBT and some of the others will immediately say they're done defending Hawkins and something has to change.

They'll take a few shots of kool-aid, wake up the next morning and declare that CU is still on track. And hey, even if we lose to WVU, they aren't a Big12 team, we're STILL winning the Big12 North!

That's what my crystal ball says...

. DBT and some of the others

That have a different opinion than you? People that also want the same outcome, as much success for CU as possible, but, think it'd be best to wait and see if the current HC can turn things around??? Is it okay to have a different opinion? :confused:

We will likely lose to WVU. DBT and some of the others will immediately say they're done defending Hawkins and something has to change.

They'll take a few shots of kool-aid, wake up the next morning and declare that CU is still on track. And hey, even if we lose to WVU, they aren't a Big12 team, we're STILL winning the Big12 North!

That's what my crystal ball says...
Man, come on. I'm not sold on Hawkins. I just think ripping him all over the internet is stupid. Just chill the **** out. Lets just wait and see what happens. OK? He at least deserves the year to play out. Right?

He at least deserves the year to play out. Right?

Why does he even remotely deserve that? Because he beat Wyoming at home? The man has been a complete failure here and after 3+ years of this crap, he doesn't deserve anything more than a U-Haul. Let Cabral finish the season as coach or bring in Embree right away. Just when you thought it couldn't get more embarrassing than getting blown out by a lower level MAC team on national TV, wait until you see the next few games.

That have a different opinion than you? People that also want the same outcome, as much success for CU as possible, but, think it'd be best to wait and see if the current HC can turn things around??? Is it okay to have a different opinion? :confused:

Where in my post did I suggest it was not okay for someone to have a differing opinion?

Feel free to point it out...

Man, come on. I'm not sold on Hawkins. I just think ripping him all over the internet is stupid. Just chill the **** out. Lets just wait and see what happens. OK? He at least deserves the year to play out. Right?

We've been told to wait every year he's been here. No one expected CU to be 2-10 and lose to Montana State. But, we finished 2-10 and lost to Montana State. But hey, we were told it was just his first year and we all just underestimated how ****ty Barnett was. Just wait.

2nd year, another losing season, but we were told that 2007 would be a breakout year. It was only Hawk's 2nd season, by the way. Just wait.

2008 rolls around...we finish 5-7. We were told it was because of all the injuries, and we almost beat Nebraska. 2009 is going to be THE year, CU will reach the Top25 and win the North.

2009 rolls around...we lose to an average Colorado State team. Although we lost by just 6 points, the game wasn't that close. We were told that it was just one game and just wait for Toledo.

The Toledo game rolls around, and we are DRILLED on national TV. We're told to wait...

I'm tired of waiting. I'm tired of the cheerleaders asking everyone to chug their kool-aid. Don't expect others to ignore results and act chipper just because it's the route you choose to take.

STFU with the cheerleading and start showing me RESULTS.

Of course he gets to play the year out and probably his contract too. I'm just done with the kool-aid, sorry. We are not a good football team until proven otherwise. I'm happy to see Hawkins and Co start showing some progress. I just won't believe it until I see it.

Where in my post did I suggest it was not okay for someone to have a differing opinion?

Feel free to point it out...

Your whole post, while not literally saying theres something wrong with a differing opinion, was "be-downgrading" (gundy refernce)DBT and other poster's stance on the wait and see approach:thumbsup:.

Your whole post, while not literally saying theres something wrong with a differing opinion, was "be-downgrading" (gundy refernce)DBT and other poster's stance on the wait and see approach:thumbsup:.

You have to realize that disagreeing with DBT's opinion is not even close to being the same as stating his opinion can't be different than mine.

That's a sensitive approach to things. It's okay that I disagree with your neverending optimism, Buff Fanatic.

Sure, Mizzou kept it close with Nevada and KU had a game with So Miss. The difference is that both the Wolfpack and the Eagles have offenses that can put points on the board; we, however, do not.

Mizzou and KU both have good offenses and will score on us at will unless we make serious adjustments in every aspect of the Defense (I know there are going to be arguments about last weeks 'shutout'...c'mon, it's Wyoming, not exactly a serious Defsive victory). 24 points is not going to do it against Kansas, Mizzou, or ISU. Even KjSU is putting points on the board. We can's stop the run, we give up the deep ball too easily. without scoring at least 31 points per game, we won't win another game and absolutely will not win the North.

Back