What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: Buffs Prepped for Black & Gold Scrimmage On Saturday (Volleyball)

RSSBot

News Junkie

Continue reading...

"
BOULDER — After almost two weeks of preseason training, the Colorado volleyball team is excited to host the Black & Gold Intra-squad scrimmage on Saturday, August 20, at the Coors Events Center.

The scrimmage will start at 3 p.m., with doors opening at 2 p.m. Fans will want to get there early to take part in the activities planned prior to the start of the contest, which include a chance to check out the locker rooms, sports medicine and film rooms.

It will also be the first chance to see the new court, which was refinished over the last month, as well as hear the new sound system that was installed last spring.

The Buffs will play four sets during the scrimmage with promotions between each set. After the fourth set, the team will be available for autographs and will also conduct a youth clinic. Kids 12 years and younger will learn volleyball skills from current student-athletes and coaches. To participate, please RSVP at CUBuffs.com/VBclinic.

Colorado will open its season on the road, August 25-26, at the Portland State Tournament. The Buffs open the home slate, September 3-4, when they host No. 9 Penn State, No. 14 Illinois and No. 11 Stanford for the Pac-12/Big Ten Challenge.
"

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, Best of wishes to the team, hope they're working hard and smart, and staying healthy.

Who is going? I am down the river from Buffgal in St. Louis, so I need someone to provide notes on the scrimmage.

I may be there for at least some of it, and if I do make it will post what I see.

I'm no expert, but can at least report on who's playing where, etc.. I can't find it now, but I swore I read somewhere that the potential starting line-up might be playing together the last set or two today, so we MIGHT get some indication of the lineup for next Friday's opener from the scrimmage.

Just arrived.

1st discomforting site -. Gabby Simpson not in uniform, but is watching while riding an exercise bike. Don't t see a sling on any arm or hand, so hopefully nothing major. ( After being part of 2 all- star teams over the summer, she' s probably already in great volleyball shape and sharpness.)

That isn't good. I've seen athletes on the exercise bike who had knee injuries. Anybody find out the problem?

That isn't good. I've seen athletes on the exercise bike who had knee injuries. Anybody find out the problem?

Per a Pat Rooney/ Buffzone article ( http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetop...-naghede-abu-expecting-super-sophomore-season ), sounds like it's a good news (not too serious)/ bad news (may not be able to play in next week's opening 3 matches) situation.

After the 1st/ main part of the article discusses middle blocker Naghede Abu's development (with quotes from her and Coach Mahoney), it says-

"
Junior Gabby Simpson did not participate in Saturday's annual Black and Gold intra-squad scrimmage due to an undisclosed injury, and Mahoney termed her status as questionable for the three-match, season-opening trip next weekend at the Portland State Invitational.

Simpson ranked 10th in the Pac-12 Conference in kills per set last year and earned honorable mention all-league honors. Expected to be CU's primary setter this season, Simpson was the only Buffs player named to the Pac-12's preseason all-conference team.

"We're not sure at this point whether she'll be available," Mahoney said. "It's not a long-term issue, so we expect to have her back soon."
"

Last edited:
I read the article last night. I was pleased that it's not a long-term issue. Better to be safe than sorry at this point in the season. Have Gabby healthy for the Pac-12 portion of schedule.

Back