What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CUBuffs.com: CU Kicks Off 2017 Season At CSU On Friday (Soccer, 5:00)

RSSBot

News Junkie
image_handler.aspx

BOULDER – Colorado opens up the 2017 season on Friday at Colorado State. Kickoff is set for 5 p.m. at CSU Soccer Field in Fort Collins. CU begins the season ranked No. 25 by the United Soccer Coaches and No. 16 by Top Drawer Soccer after finishing 15-6-1 overall, 8-2-1 in the Pac-12, and reaching the second round of the NCAA Tournament in 2016.

The Buffs are 11-5-5 all-time in season openers and carry a 13-game unbeaten streak in openers into Friday's match. Despite the historical success, the first competition of the season is never easy as pressure builds throughout the offseason to get the season started with a win.

Looking Ahead

The Buffs return home on Sunday to host Colorado College at 3:30 p.m. at Prentup Field. However, CU's match will not be the only competition at Prentup on Sunday. The action kicks off at 11 a.m. when CSU takes on Denver. That match will be followed by Air Force vs. Northern Colorado at 1:15 p.m. The day wraps up with the Buffs against CC.

Continue reading...

Live Video - http://www.csurams.com/watch/?Archive=2113&type=Archive OR http://themw.com/ .

Live Stats - http://www.sidearmstats.com/colstate/wsoc/

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite what Danny Sanchez stated, CU has a lot more talent than CSU. On the other hand, we all know that this is a massive match for CSU, especially at home. My guess is that the Rams will play a very defensive minded game and work to keep CU from getting quality shots off. And if CU pushes a lot of players into the attacking half then they CSU will look to counter attack and catch the Buffs off-guard.

I don't think I'd be going to far out on a limb to predict that Taylor Kornieck has a big impact on the outcome.

Glad to see that there is a live stream from CSU. Was hoping to get up to FoCo, but the traffic going that direction at 4 pm is brtal.

Shots on goal: CU 10, CSU 3. Buffs apparently didn't do well in the finishing of chances department.

A couple post-game articles on the match-
cubuffs - http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/8/18/soccer-buffs-draw-with-colorado-state-to-open-season.aspx
buffzone/ Daily Camera - http://www.buffzone.com/soccer/ci_31232136/offense-lacking-cu-soccer-opens-season-scoreless-draw

A couple notes from the Buffzone article-

1) Sounds like the the injury god may already have reared its ugly head- "A freshman from Cherry Creek High School, (Libby) Geraghty was given a starting nod in her first collegiate game but suffered what appeared to be a significant knee injury early in the first overtime. Geraghty will be reevaluated before Sunday's home match against Colorado College, with Sanchez saying only, "It didn't look good.""
Wish her only the best , and hope any test(s) come back with only the best result(s). (I was watching the video stream when it happened, and she was able to put some weight on both legs while she was being helped "off the field". (Technically she was already off the field since it happened after an even fight for a ball right on one of the sidelines and her momentum had her off the field as she fell). However, it seems like the all to common knee injuries (ACL, etc.) DO often allow some weight to be put on them, so the old "at least the player was able to put some weight on both his/ her legs" cliche I remember often hearing back when I was young doesn't seem to mean much regarding the severity of an injury (esp. knee) these days.)

2) I had been concerned one of my favorite Buffs to watch play, defender Joss Orejel, might be injured since I would expect her to start or at minimum to play significant minutes in every Buff match, however she didn't play at all yesterday. Per the article, "CU played without its most experienced defender, senior Joss Orejel, who was out of town attending her grandfather's funeral. Sanchez said Orejel could be back in the mix for Sunday's home opener against CC (3:30 p.m., Prentup Field)." Thoughts and prayers to her and her family.

Back