What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU's best recruiting opportunity state from outside the footprint?

Best CU target for outside the footprint?

• Florida

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Georgia

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Illinois

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Louisiana

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Missouri

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • New Jersey

• New York

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ohio

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington DC

• Other

• CU should not recruit outside the footprint

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
1. Without looking at the previous classes I don't think we've had any success in Louisiana

2. I view it the same as Ohio. EB spent a **** ton of time in Louisiana with little to show for it. The elite talent is going to LSU, Bama, Auburn, and other SEC schools. Mid-level talent is honestly going to likely stay in-state. If a prospect shows interest then go for it but otherwise, pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kendrick Celestine is from Louisiana. He's personal life got a bit out of control, but that can happen to kids from anywhere.

Munchie Legaux was a prospect we got pretty exited about. Bummer we missed out on him.

EB wasn't employed long enough to build the necessary pipeline. It takes time to build relationships. CU's history of scattershot recruiting and coaching turnover has done a lot of damage, in-state and out of state.

I'd add Illinois. The Illini have been mediocre for a long time and NW is kind of a boutique place. You wouldn't think it would be impossible to snag a couple of 3* types of recruits out of the Chicago area every year with a good effort.

Back