What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU's Nike Contract - June 30th Expiration

Miami – Adidas - check their attendance and current relevance
Michigan – Adidas - blowing up recognition wise- NIKE not adidas
Nebraska – Adidas - haha Knu, no thanks
Wisconsin – Adidas - nobody cares about Wisconsin, outside of wisconsin
Kansas – Adidas - joke in football
Arizona State – Adidas - about to get rocked in folsom this weekend
UCLA – Adidas - haha, UCLA, seriously
Auburn – Under Armour - big name, trying to stay relevant in the SEC
Texas A&M – Adidas - meh, let's see how it goes this year

Truth: recruits want Nike. These schools above going for a quick money grab but at the expense of their brand. Hate to say it but unless you're a blue blood you can't go with adidas or UA and be taken seriously. CU in UA or Adidas would be a negative.

Others: Louisville, GT, BC, TT, NW, NC St, and Maryland.

Source: http://footballscoop.com/news/nike-adidas-or-ua-who-wears-what-in-fbs/

When you guys say "it looks better", are you talking about uniforms or consumer lines? I completely agree their uniforms to date have had some really bad outcomes. Consumer clothes, I would completely disagree.

But, we have devolved into personal taste/surveys of one/everyone has an opinion on the consumer side.

Pony_sports_logo.png

FWIW, My kids in their early twenties will wear UA compression gear and Nike clothes, and only Nike or Jordan shoes, maybe Asics for running/working out (they make size 15's in narrow). Nothing other than Nike CU clothes gets worn, despite giving them non-Nike brand clothing. I have inherited everything ever bought from Adidas for workout gear, they will not touch it.

Oh yea, I forgot: UA now makes great camo/hunting attire. Headquartered in Maryland, it is going nowhere but up. Buy some stock? Think about it. AB's is great, but it isn't a place I'd trust for investment advice.

I'm a Nike guy but have some UA stuff as well. My son is the same really. I have zero addidas or any other brand.

I can't run in anything but Nike running shoes. Anything else hurts my feet.

Outside of that, I couldn't care less what brand anything is. If it's CU gear, just make it look good.

I purchase both. The addidas Jersey's pants and socks last longer. I don't think that matters to a university, but the addidas products do hold up better.

Three words... Changeable color inserts...
Now hear me out... A couple years ago, this might not fly, but bringing in a sponsor like Avia would provide a level of differentiation not yet seen in college athletics... Cheerleaders notwithstanding.

01ae1d5f-1aae-4f5c-8550-ebff0a540fd7_1.930387ab198ac30380ed4b8b64abcae8.jpeg

Back