What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

D-Lineman left team

Can anyone explain the pros of leaving the team in the middle of the season for the individual player? You can't transfer and start your year off in the middle of the year, can you? If not, why not wait til the end of the season so you keep getting in the work and also see if the situation you are unhappy with gets better?

Really the only pro is if you're in a situation where you are absolutely hating life you get liberated from that situation. It's the only pro I can think of. It is too late to start classes at any other school, you don't get any credits for this fall semester unless you stay and complete the semester (in which case you might as well stick it out until the end of the season), if you do leave you have to do extra coursework over the next three semesters to be eligible at another D1 school after the transfer year, and you don't get to practice with a team and keep developing anymore this season.

Yes. Or coach Mac.

:rofl2: :rofl2:

Can anyone explain the pros of leaving the team in the middle of the season for the individual player? You can't transfer and start your year off in the middle of the year, can you? If not, why not wait til the end of the season so you keep getting in the work and also see if the situation you are unhappy with gets better?

There are no pros for the player. But sometimes when you're pissed off or frustrated enough, saying "**** it all" seems like the best option...

But, I mean to the individual player, why would you leave the program now. Are there any advantage?
exactly... if he still wants to play football at all, this move makes no sense. Stick around, work out, get better, transfer at the end of the season.He has played snaps (I think), so he can't use this year of eligibility as the transfer year...

So for him to leave and to still want to play football, which gives him at MOST one year to play somewhere else... WOW.

exactly... if he still wants to play football at all, this move makes no sense. Stick around, work out, get better, transfer at the end of the season.He has played snaps (I think), so he can't use this year of eligibility as the transfer year...

So for him to leave and to still want to play football, which gives him at MOST one year to play somewhere else... WOW.
This is desperation...can you blame him?

But, I mean to the individual player, why would you leave the program now. Are there any advantage?

No.

And I would imagine the schollie is gone, too.
Since you have to sit out a year at a new school, you are taking a financial gamble.

soooo not happy about this. Last thing we need is the sinking ship metaphor confirmed.... FOUR GAMES INTO THE SEASON.

I know Hawk and some ardent defenders are going to blame us for this. I don't buy it. This isn't a chicken or the egg question. Hawk has lost and lost and lost some more and this has caused the negativity and malaise in the fan base. I'm sure some players see the board and feel like we're not supporting them. For that I'm sorry because I do support them, I just hate with all my heart the way Dan Hawkins has run this proud program into the ground. I won't accept any more excuses from him. He's sabotaged this program (perhaps unconsciously) and set us back years. The losing has been bad enough but his inability to communicate that he "gets it" and the inability to make real substantive changes to his philosophy is what has brought us to this place.

I know Hawk and some ardent defenders are going to blame us for this. I don't buy it. This isn't a chicken or the egg question. Hawk has lost and lost and lost some more and this has caused the negativity and malaise in the fan base. I'm sure some players see the board and feel like we're not supporting them. For that I'm sorry because I do support them, I just hate with all my heart the way Dan Hawkins has run this proud program into the ground. I won't accept any more excuses from him. He's sabotaged this program (perhaps unconsciously) and set us back years. The losing has been bad enough but his inability to communicate that he "gets it" and the inability to make real substantive changes to his philosophy is what has brought us to this place.

I know from, again, the most reliable of sources on this situation that Lagrone never even mentioned a word about this until the bus ride to the airport following the game Thursday. He was encouraged (by teammates) to think about it over the weekend, and informed the coaches this morning.

I wish I could go into the D-Line situation more, but I apologize, I cannot. All I will say is while many are not happy, it doesn't appear that any other's are going to soon follow.

I wish Lagrone good luck...

You answered your own question. There is no reason. Unless its a personal family issue, a loss of heart, or he just cant f'n stand it anymore. :lol:

Either way we have yet another quitter in the longest line of quitters I can ever remember under one coach. The zen master dont got much now does he?

A wheel literally fell off the team's bus on the way to the Pittsburgh airport.

Hey English majors, is this irony, foreshadowing, or just serindipidy?

All that's left to know is, does this mean his lunch pail will be given to a midseason walk-on or should I be checking eBay periodically?

I reread his Rivals page - it'll be interesting to see if he shows up at "home" at Texas Tech, where he originally verballed.

Brooks says he might end up at Texas Southern. HBCU near downtown Houston. Several hours closer to his hometown Memphis than Lubbock. This means he should be able to play next year without sitting out, if those rules have remained the same (Daniel Jolly did this after his sophomore year).

I reread his Rivals page - it'll be interesting to see if he shows up at "home" at Texas Tech, where he originally verballed.

With his redshrit already gone, and sitting out two years for a in-conference transfer, and having two years to play (for a net sum of ZERO years to play at TTech), my uneducated guess is......no.:lol:

Back