What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dan Hawkins will save his job this week IMO...

We had to win for Alfred on his recognition, we need to do the same for the 1990 team. How awful if the "other buffs" showed up to play and it's a blowout against CU.
Nah, we HAVE to pull off a win, have to. It would be so embarrassing in front of those guys with any other outcome.

We have to win for the 10,000+ fans that made the trip to Cal to see us play. We have to win in front of Bohn, DiStephano, Benson and Larry Scott. We have to win to show our new conference that we're not just a bunch of pussies. We have to win to legitimize our inclusion in the Pac 10.
Nah, we HAVE to pull off a win, have to. It would be so embarrassing in front of those guys with any other outcome.

fify.

We've already embarassed ourselves in front of people we really wanted to impress.

I hope I'm wrong, and will NEVER cheer against the Buffs, but you can count on the team to come out flat, fall behind and not recover. No matter how lousy UGA is, they are still light years better than Huh-Why-Uh.

I hope I'm wrong, and will NEVER cheer against the Buffs, but you can count on the team to come out flat, fall behind and not recover. No matter how lousy UGA is, they are still light years better than Huh-Why-Uh.

No, this team is showing signs of life. They may not come out flat. They may surprise you.

No, this team is showing signs of life. They may not come out flat. They may surprise you.

Based on the number of good quarters by the number of bad quarters, you have a 1/3rd probability of being correct.

Based on Hawkin's home record, you have a 1/2 probability of being correct.

As was pointed out in another thread, CU was ahead of UH 17-13 with 9 minutes remaining in that game. Two busted plays later and CU wins in what looks like a blowout. It was much, much closer. CU is not a good team. They make a lot of mistakes. Their special teams are atrocious. Their offense has no identity. The literally have no idea what they want to do, offensively. I know we're all fans here, but let's be honest, it would take a minor miracle for CU to win this game on Saturday. UGA is a much, much better team, regardless of their record.

As was pointed out in another thread, CU was ahead of UH 17-13 with 9 minutes remaining in that game. Two busted plays later and CU wins in what looks like a blowout. It was much, much closer. CU is not a good team. They make a lot of mistakes. Their special teams are atrocious. Their offense has no identity. The literally have no idea what they want to do, offensively. I know we're all fans here, but let's be honest, it would take a minor miracle for CU to win this game on Saturday. UGA is a much, much better team, regardless of their record.

Experience at QB and a couple of other positions aside, UGA has much better athletes across the board than CU. Most of their players had serious offers from other SEC schools and/or major programs, more than a few will have shots at playing on Sundays.

Watching them play, I see a lot of the same coaching related issues that plague the Buffs, substitution issues, lack of concentration, unforced penalties, etc. The big difference is that as bad as Richt and his staff are this year they have done it well before at UGA, they just have to get it back together. Hawk and Co. on the other hand have failed to have a functioning team in five years at CU. Even in the occasional wins, it is rare to get two solid halves of football out of the Buffs.

Anything can happen and for the players I hope that the Buffs prevail but generally speaking the better team wins and UGA has better talent and coaching.

Back