What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Darrin Chiaverini relieved of his duties as Offensive Coordinator

he'll be back

christmas-cheer.gif

Chev's tone-deafness knows no boundaries. Just F'in amazing.

If the rise season became a movie. I wonder what the pause and “future of” blurb would say of the former-player-turned-young-up-and-coming-coach would say?

“After multiple stints at OC, under three different head coaches. Chev headed a historically abysmal offense in 2021, that led to his termination as OC at CU. After a few stops to get his coaching cred back on track, he was let go of a final comeback stint at Northern Colorado, Chev now is a department manager of the Scheel’s outside of Colorado Springs”

I mean, I hope he gets an opportunity to be successful. It just wasn’t happening at CU.

If the rise season became a movie. I wonder what the pause and “future of” blurb would say of the former-player-turned-young-up-and-coming-coach would say?

“After multiple stints at OC, under three different head coaches. Chev headed a historically abysmal offense in 2021, that led to his termination as OC at CU. After a few stops to get his coaching cred back on track, he was let go of a final comeback stint at Northern Colorado, Chev now is a department manager of the Scheel’s outside of Colorado Springs”

I mean, I hope he gets an opportunity to be successful. It just wasn’t happening at CU.
More likely he'll end up as HC at Valor and dismantle that machine. Actually thinking about it now, I'd be okay with that.

I am so fvcking sick of this "young" narrative. Young is having dudes out there that have been in the program 3 months, not 3 years.
CU MBB is young.
CU FB is not.
That narrative has been working for the last 16 years, why stray from it?

You were only a young player this season if you were still in HS when KD was hired.

2021 was the year of the 4th year sophomore. Every coach in the nation claimed his team was young due to that bullish!t.
He needs to reach out to EB at some point and get some guidance on how to do a career reset. If he truly aspires to be an OC and play caller again, he needs to go somewhere he can be mentored, and I’m not sure college is the place for that

You were only a young player this season if you were still in HS when KD was hired.

2021 was the year of the 4th year sophomore. Every coach in the nation claimed his team was young due to that bullish!t.
QB, a few on Line and some WRs were young on O.

I believe Chev's career aspiration would be to have an "I told you so" performance at his next gig(s) and return to CU as the HC.

Question is who will hire him as their OC after that trash fire performance on offense this season?

He needs to reach out to EB at some point and get some guidance on how to do a career reset. If he truly aspires to be an OC and play caller again, he needs to go somewhere he can be mentored, and I’m not sure college is the place for that
He was here for six years and learned nothing, clearly. Not sure he's a 'coachable' coach at this point. Not in P5 anyway.

He was here for six years and learned nothing, clearly. Not sure he's a 'coachable' coach at this point. Not in P5 anyway.
That’s why I said the NFL. He can obviously recruit when he wants to, but he needs to learn how to coach. EB was the same way. Great recruiter who didn’t have a clue how to coach. Went to the league as a position coach and reset his career.

That’s why I said the NFL. He can obviously recruit when he wants to, but he needs to learn how to coach. EB was the same way. Great recruiter who didn’t have a clue how to coach. Went to the league as a position coach and reset his career.
That is not really accurate. EB had a lot more time in coaching than DC has and he was considered a very good coach at CU, UCLA, and the Vikings before he came back to CU. You seem to overlook that he had been a NFL assistant for 5 years before he came back to CU, he had been promoted to assistant HC for the Vikings - recruiting is not part of the equation in the NFL so his promotion was merit based. He had no problem being hired by Andy Reid after leaving CU - Reid doesn't hire guys who can't coach.

That is not really accurate. EB had a lot more time in coaching than DC has and he was considered a very good coach at CU, UCLA, and the Vikings before he came back to CU. You seem to overlook that he had been a NFL assistant for 5 years before he came back to CU, he had been promoted to assistant HC for the Vikings - recruiting is not part of the equation in the NFL so his promotion was merit based. He had no problem being hired by Andy Reid after leaving CU - Reid doesn't hire guys who can't coach.
That’s fair and my mistake. I was confused about the timeline and thought his Minnesota stint was after being CU OC.

One of the more bizarre aspects of CU football over the past several years was the idea that Chiv was some kind of air raid whiz kid. Dude was a special teams coordinator that spent one season as a Co-Wide receivers coach at Tech.

Best thing for him to do is to go somewhere where he can sit and learn for several years behind an experienced coordinator. Not sure if his ego can swallow going back to being a position coach.

You would think that he would be at the top of the list for HC. I guess he's not interested.

Back