What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

DB depth getting thinner.

I loved how people twisted my post and said I was rooting against the Buffs.

If Hawk can win on the road and give us eight wins this year great. But if he loses his first three games, we should can his ass.

I feel him going 500 with this team would be a major disaster for the Buffs. I don't think the AD would fire him for a 6-6 year. Keeping Hawk after a mediocre season heading into the Pac 12? No thank you Buffaholic.

Bingo, well said.

valdezj,

I'm pretty sure they have Deji backing up Perkins and Smith backing up Polk now. And while Orms is still getting some reps at safety, I think they want him to focus on nickel and would rather not move him out of it if there was an injury. That would weaken 2 positions instead of just 1.

I also believe that Sandersfeld is a much better player than people give him credit for. I worry about team speed with him in there, but he's assignment perfect and isn't afraid to hit. He'd make some plays if he was in there. Problem is that we'd have to ditch man coverages since he can't run with a receiving tight end.

Free Safety
Polk
Smith
Jaffee
Orms (Nickel)
Ham

Strong Safety

Perkins
Olatoye
Sandersfield
Ewing (Injured)

I'm not sure where these guys fall in at safety.
Ussery
Pugh (Transfer)
Meyer (Walk On)

Where's Ussery at?

The overall lack of depth on the squad concerns me.

Depth concerns me, too. We'll have it in spades next year for the safety spots, but there's a lot of unproven talent there in 2010.

Was that from the depth chart on the official site, valdezj? For some reason, I thought that Perkins was a FS and Polk was a SS. Not sure it matters much in our defense either way, though.

Ussery is still trying to find a home. It actually won't surprise me if the experiment fails and he ends up back at WR.

Pugh is now working exclusively at corner. They really want him to nail down one of the starting CB jobs next year.

What about bringing back everyone's favorite safety?

Mahnke? I'm sure it's in the back of the coaches' minds if we really get hit by the injury bug. Hear he's doing pretty well at ILB, though. Gonna be interesting to see how Cabral handles the depth chart at Will. Harrington and Mahnke are both juniors with a redshirt available.

Mahnke? I'm sure it's in the back of the coaches' minds if we really get hit by the injury bug. Hear he's doing pretty well at ILB, though. Gonna be interesting to see how Cabral handles the depth chart at Will. Harrington and Mahnke are both juniors with a redshirt available.

Haven't heard much about Harrington, but he had 5 or 6 tackles in the last scrimmage. Curious to see how he develops.

Back