What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dec 2023 - expectations for 2024

Which is more likely?

• Losing season

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • Making the 12-team playoff

Votes: 48 57.8%

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
We're a 4-win team that lost our last 7 out of 8.

As of today, we've started the offseason with player, recruit and coach attrition.

Do you still believe? How much?

My minimum expectation for 2024 is a winning record / bowl appearance.

My belief is that we'll achieve the stretch goals of a Big 12 title and playoff appearance.

Coach Prime is going to bring in the talent and the right coaches & systems to make this explode.

We're a 4-win team that lost our last 7 out of 8. - A major step forward from the previous season and the start players are returning.

As of today, we've started the offseason with player, recruit and coach attrition. - as has virtually every team in the country.

Do you still believe? How much? - Yes. To the moon and back.

My minimum expectation for 2024 is a winning record / bowl appearance. - Okay then.

My belief is that we'll achieve the stretch goals of a Big 12 title and playoff appearance. - So half way to the moon then.

Coach Prime is going to bring in the talent and the right coaches & systems to make this explode. - Now you believe!

If they don’t completely revamp the interior on both sides of the ball, reaching a bowl game is a pipe dream.

Will they? Not in one year. Not enough reps, gel time, coaching philosophy changes.

This program needs two things to happen. First, talented big bodies on the lines. Second, better coaching from guys who are good at operating in chaos. Don’t see enough of either happening in 2024.

Bowl game is my expectation. Not a Big 12 championship but we host two of the likely contenders in OSU and UU...KSU may be a contender.

The road games in conference are going to be tough.

Not sure how we don’t have the same line play problems as this year. CP has stated that he’ll fix the Oline problems by getting a new Oline. It’s been mentioned before how hard this is to do via the portal and that it really has to be developed over time. Because of that I think losing season is more likely than expanded playoff.

We're going bowling at the very least, but winning a championship has to be the goal. I don't care if you think it's unrealistic. That's why you work and that's why you play the games. Every kid should be thinking about a natty.

Not sure how we don’t have the same line play problems as this year. CP has stated that he’ll fix the Oline problems by getting a new Oline. It’s been mentioned before how hard this is to do via the portal and that it really has to be developed over time. Because of that I think losing season is more likely than expanded playoff.
I think 6-6 is a reasonable expectation. You have to start there. There's no reason this team can't win three Big 12 games against what should be a much easier conference schedule.

Baylor was absolute ass this year and Aranda is clearly on the hot seat.
Cincinnati is coached by a total dud in Satterfield.
Tech and UCF are both winnable.
Who knows what KU and KSU look like next year?

Last edited:
We're a 4-win team that lost our last 7 out of 8.

As of today, we've started the offseason with player, recruit and coach attrition.

Do you still believe? How much?

My minimum expectation for 2024 is a winning record / bowl appearance.

My belief is that we'll achieve the stretch goals of a Big 12 title and playoff appearance.

Coach Prime is going to bring in the talent and the right coaches & systems to make this explode.
One more TD per game and we are 9-3 now and going to a bowl game.

Coach Prime will get OL and DL and change the narrative quickly. Even better skill players will join the resurgence.

And the Big 12 isn’t as tough as the Pac was this year. Hardest schedule we have faced in the entire time we were in the Pac.

Next years gonna be fun

7-8 wins minimum, would love 9-3. A couple of injuries to key players, I’d settle for 6-6 and a bowl. No bowl, we’ve got problems.

7 or 8 wins as long as Sanders stays healthy. If he gets hurt early in the year it could be a 4 win season again due to QB depth. The Freshman did play better against Utah however. He might be decent depth this year as a Sophomore.

As of today (12/9/23), I’d say an expectation of 6. 7 wouldn’t be a surprise. 8 is a stretch goal. Anything under 6 and something has gone wrong, anything over 8 and the moon and stars have lined up really well.

Put me down for 7, if for nothing else than an improvement in the O Line, possibly some coherent play calling, and maybe stealing one close game we should have lost. Being optimistic here.

(Pre-Seaton commitment, and without some high level portal guys to follow because of that, and I’d have said 5 or 6 wins.)

The problem with the Buffs during the CP Era will always be game day coaching and CP’s coaching staff choices.

Last edited:
The schedule sets up nicely for a 7-8 win season. Lots can happen between now and then to move that figure up or down.

I'm waiting on the full schedule reveal before having a better idea of how the team will fare. My question is who will CU get in the Big 12 opener?

Make a bowl game and have some good solid wins with both offensive and defensive lines showing grit and holding their own against the competition. I'm hoping for seven wins.

I'm not looking for a cfp playoff spot next year but you never know.

I hope it's not just koolaid, but I'm pretty optimistic for this season:
  1. Seems every position group has gotten better and/or deeper, some a lot better (lines). Even where starters are same as last year, additional maturity and experience should make them at least a little better (even for #2). I know newcomers always look bright and shiny, but I think the quality of offers for our newcomers is better than last year (though even last year was still a vast improvement over prior years)
  2. I believe, as others have pointed out, that last year's offense didn't fit with our players, especially players that had never worked together before.
  3. Spring practice: last year was not really beneficial as we had so many players leave and arrive after spring. This year, it seems we'll have most projected starters here for spring. Even with new OC and DC, I think we'll be heading into fall with more cohesion.
  4. I don't know about new DC, but last year we had poor organization (several 12 men on field penalties, etc), didn't seem to make adjustments (countering CSU crossing routes, for example). I gotta think the new DC can't be worse in those aspects
  5. The players look noticeably bigger/stronger compared to this time last year during conditioning (just look at Edwards).
  6. While there are still many new starters, the overall team appears to have more teamwork, more jelling, etc.
  7. The overall competition doesn't appear as stiff as last year. I don't see any no-hopers on the schedule, though there are still many solid teams. And, no doubt, there will be teams that will be better than projected. But I think we'll have better chances this year just from the competition
The combination of reasons above make me feel pretty good

Bowl game is my expectation. Not a Big 12 championship but we host two of the likely contenders in OSU and UU...KSU may be a contender.

The road games in conference are going to be tough.
Need a 4-0 start, and there's no reason why we cant do that. We get that I see a big step forward.

We have the future #1 and #2 overall picks for 2025. This isn’t a question.

Expectation is Big12 Championship and a spot in the playoff.

Back