What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deion Sanders - HC Jackson State

Prime's number one asset is his ability to bring people in to play/coach for him.
That asset will make the biggest difference at a program that is void the above. CU.
He doesn't have to be a coaching wizard to make CU a lot better quickly.

Not sure what his goal is from there. Is it a Jimbo Jumbo contract or exactly what? I'll take a quickie however.

Just a quick note if anyone is engaging with people on social media: be respectful to Jackson State folks.

What has happened there has been special, unprecedented and maybe something that can't be maintained or repeated. They have rallied around things like I've never seen from a smaller university (about 7k undergrad + post-grad students). What's happened there is amazing, not just for the school but also the community, the entire SWAC and really for the over 100 HBCUs.

That it may be coming to an end has got to be so tough to handle. No need to be a dick. Think before you post so you don't unintentionally offend someone by gloating to them or downplaying what a gut punch this would be to them.

This is about whether Coach Prime has decided he wants a new challenge on a bigger stage that takes care of those assistants (and maybe players) who took a risk on him and have stuck with him. CU is a place where that can all happen.

Anyway, I've engaged with some JSU people on Twitter and they're awesome. They also don't want to hear us tell them why Prime should come to CU or be disrespected by telling them Prime Time in Boulder would be the same or more meaningful than in Jackson. Those types of arguments are unwinnable and are a bad look for us. I generally keep it to "so much respect for JSU and what you've accomplished. If Coach Prime decides to jump to P5, I hope he chooses CU."

Last edited:
Nik really trying to change the "CU fans are assholes" perception. (y):love:

Nik really trying to change the "CU fans are assholes" perception. (y):love:
No. We're a different type of asshole. We disrespect the fans of programs that act entitled and can't handle someone from outside their echo chamber telling them how it is. Very different than being a bully to a cool fan base or to a smaller school. If you look at who we hate, it's either poking the bear, taking the self-righteous down a notch, or putting those with delusions of grandeur in their place.

Thinking about it, we really shouldn't call ourselves assholes. In truth, we're dicks.

Just a quick note if anyone is engaging with people on social media: be respectful to Jackson State folks.

What has happened there has been special, unprecedented and maybe something that can't be maintained or repeated. They have rallied around things like I've never seen from a smaller university (about 7k undergrad + post-grad students). What's happened there is amazing, not just for the school but also the community, the entire SWAC and really for the over 100 HBCUs.

That it may be coming to an end has got to be so tough to handle. No need to be a dick. Think before you post so you don't unintentionally offend someone by gloating to them or downplaying what a gut punch this would be to them.

This is about whether Coach Prime has decided he wants a new challenge on a bigger stage that takes care of those assistants (and maybe players) who took a risk on him and have stuck with him. CU is a place where that can all happen.

Anyway, I've engaged with some JSU people on Twitter and they're awesome. They also don't want to hear us tell them why Prime should come to CU or be disrespected by telling them Prime Time in Boulder would be the same or more meaningful than in Jackson. Those types of arguments are unwinnable and are a bad look for us. I generally keep it to "so much respect for JSU and what you've accomplished. If Coach Prime decides to jump to P5, I hope he chooses CU."
I think they're a little naive. Prime said he'd listen to power 5 opportunities on 60 minutes. He's also the only guy who has played in a Super Bowl and World Series, so he's one of the most competitive people ever.

You guys don't think he looks at Saban and thinks he wants to build something like that?

I think they're a little naive. Prime said he'd listen to power 5 opportunities on 60 minutes. He's also the only guy who has played in a Super Bowl and World Series, so he's one of the most competitive people ever.

You guys don't think he looks at Saban and thinks he wants to build something like that?
Of course. And they know that. He's been the most honest coach I've ever seen in interviews. But of course they're leading with their hearts and all the reasons he should stay. I assume they are feeling like I did when Mac decided he had a new mission to pursue and would no longer be the CU HC.

No. We're a different type of asshole. We disrespect the fans of programs that act entitled and can't handle someone from outside their echo chamber telling them how it is. Very different than being a bully to a cool fan base or to a smaller school. If you look at who we hate, it's either poking the bear, taking the self-righteous down a notch, or putting those with delusions of grandeur in their place.

Thinking about it, we really shouldn't call ourselves assholes. In truth, we're dicks.

“Here come the dicks” doesn’t have the same je ne sais quoi

I'm not the first to note it, but this process has pointed out a big difference between Midnight Mel and Prime.

Tucker was going out with RG at 11pm and promising everybody he was all in here -- knowing his agent was still negotiating with MSU -- and then left at midnight . Prime is up front that he's considering another job, but is staying focused on his commitments and players.

I'm not the first to note it, but this process has pointed out a big difference between Midnight Mel and Prime.

Tucker was going out with RG at 11pm and promising everybody he was all in here -- knowing his agent was still negotiating with MSU -- and then left at midnight . Prime is up front that he's considering another job, but is staying focused on his commitments and players.
Which is ultimately why I just can't imagine him "playing" CU

Is it too early to start filling balloons with piss for the Corn game ?
I've been eating lots of asparagus lately.

My read on Prime in this is that we shouldn't look at him through the lens of other coaching candidates and searches.

He doesn't need his agent to get his name out and attached to jobs. He doesn't need to play the game of creating leverage in negotiations.

He knows he can get on any podcast, radio show or tv show - whether it's sports programming or not - any time he wants. His significant other is a media heavyweight. He knows what he's worth. He can become an endorser of just about any company's product. He can do business deals where he's got ownership stakes.

He got into this for different reasons. He's giving back. He found he loved working with kids. He loves this time with his sons. He loves helping his assistants advance in their careers. He loves making an impact in his community. He loves being a role model and advocate for black folks getting opportunities.

One of his main messages is honesty. He will always tell the truth as he sees it. If he doesn't want to answer a question, he doesn't lie or tell a half truth - he says what he's willing to say and that's it.

So when he says he has a CCG coming up and he's committed to JSU through this season, we should 100% believe that. He's said he'd listen and he's interested in a P5 opportunity. He acknowledged CU. He's not committing until he's done with his current commitment. His agent and those in negotiations with him know damn well that if they leak things against his wishes, he's done with them.

Therefore, we wait until at least Saturday and very likely get some great news. And if Coach Prime becomes a Buff, we can trust that he will be honest and upfront about whether he's exploring other opportunities, retiring from coaching, or whatever. We won't have any reason to worry or speculate because he'll tell us how it is.

the upfront and honest way in which Sanders has discussed his intents and options has definitely been noteworthy and admirable. I hope he can maintain that at a P5 level, balanced with practicality (i.e. I think there's a reason why most HC's engage in 'coach speak' -- it's harmful to be "honest to the point of recklessness").

the upfront and honest way in which Sanders has discussed his intents and options has definitely been noteworthy and admirable. I hope he can maintain that at a P5 level, balanced with practicality (i.e. I think there's a reason why most HC's engage in 'coach speak' -- it's harmful to be "honest to the point of recklessness").
Other coaches don't have other options in life that would pay more money for shorter hours.

My read on Prime in this is that we shouldn't look at him through the lens of other coaching candidates and searches.

He doesn't need his agent to get his name out and attached to jobs. He doesn't need to play the game of creating leverage in negotiations.

He knows he can get on any podcast, radio show or tv show - whether it's sports programming or not - any time he wants. His significant other is a media heavyweight. He knows what he's worth. He can become an endorser of just about any company's product. He can do business deals where he's got ownership stakes.

He got into this for different reasons. He's giving back. He found he loved working with kids. He loves this time with his sons. He loves helping his assistants advance in their careers. He loves making an impact in his community. He loves being a role model and advocate for black folks getting opportunities.

One of his main messages is honesty. He will always tell the truth as he sees it. If he doesn't want to answer a question, he doesn't lie or tell a half truth - he says what he's willing to say and that's it.

So when he says he has a CCG coming up and he's committed to JSU through this season, we should 100% believe that. He's said he'd listen and he's interested in a P5 opportunity. He acknowledged CU. He's not committing until he's done with his current commitment. His agent and those in negotiations with him know damn well that if they leak things against his wishes, he's done with them.

Therefore, we wait until at least Saturday and very likely get some great news. And if Coach Prime becomes a Buff, we can trust that he will be honest and upfront about whether he's exploring other opportunities, retiring from coaching, or whatever. We won't have any reason to worry or speculate because he'll tell us how it is.
Which leads to the other possibility of how RG, TS, etc have approached the offer, which is, "Here is our offer... yada yada yada... We fully respect you and your current commitment and are willing to wait for a decision as long as it takes".

Wouldn't be ideal for CU to not have something signed or at least agreed upon in principle, but perhaps that level of respect is the right pitch.

Did you read my long post?

I'm not going to write a damn prospectus for Deion's career opportunities outside football. 🙂

It's basically Magic Johnson level.
twice now. I didn't see any career opportunities that I'd expect pay more than a P5 coach in that post outside of the ambiguous mention of "business opportunities". I'd also challenge whether those business opportunities and endorsements would have the same value if he wasn't coaching.

Deion is a content creator and contributor to Barstool Sports. He is a brand promoter. He has been a sports analyst/commentator. He has been a mentor and life coach for athletes. He's a brand in an of himself and not unlike Peyton Manning, can likely do whatever he wants within media.
His girlfriend of a decade (wife in all but paperwork) is Tracey Edmonds. Former host of Extra and Hollywood power broker (CEO, entrepreneur, Producer).

Fwiw, I think part of his motivation on his HC job selection is to make it easier for them to spend more time together by being a shorter flight to and from LA with more travel options. Plus P12 has most away games easy to get together.

His girlfriend of a decade (wife in all but paperwork) is Tracey Edmonds. Former host of Extra and Hollywood power broker (CEO, entrepreneur, Producer).

Fwiw, I think part of his motivation on his HC job selection is to make it easier for them to spend more time together by being a shorter flight to and from LA with more travel options. Plus P12 has most away games easy to get together.
My other theory is that he interviewed for both TCU and CSU last season and neither wanted him. He would get to face both next season, along with what will assuredly be a massive rating game against Nebraska.

Back