What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Deion Sanders - HC Jackson State

another thing i don't think of but someone on stampede did: i bet there are a very good number of guys playing for prime now (and against him) that could play at the p5 level and especially for CU right now. if they do get the admissions and transfer stuff sorted, we could see some pretty interesting roster building.
You would lose that bet. There's a reason that most FCS guys are playing in FCS.

I do not think academics would get bent by a guy who demands discipline from his players, including attending class and avoiding trouble. Their criticism is tied to people who don’t emphasize those values.
Wrong.
1. Our academics would get bent by any attention given to the athletic department that is over and above the attention that they receive.

2. They then use the inevitable misbehaving athlete, whose misbehavior is no worse than a typical misbehaving undergraduate as reason to label the athletic department as generally misbehaving.

Wrong.
1. Our academics would get bent by any attention given to the athletic department that is over and above the attention that they receive.

2. They then use the inevitable misbehaving athlete, whose misbehavior is no worse than a typical misbehaving undergraduate as reason to label the athletic department as generally misbehaving.
Can you give examples?

Wrong.

You have a severely deranged concept about what academics at Colorado think about the school’s sports teams.

What kind of coaching staff would he assemble in Boulder? Can he draw two good coordinators?
That may be the part we don't like. He's pretty much told his assistants to stick with him and trust him, they did, and he's said in interviews that part of his motivation to leave JSU is to get them paid.

Ask Gary Barnett what he thinks
Ask a old man what he thinks about a time two decades ago when he mismanaged personnel?! LOL dude. You’re delusional. Academics at Colorado don’t care about the sports teams. Yeah, if coaches are hosting illicit parties, you’ll get criticized. That’s what happens you screw up in a high profile position: people scrutinize you.

Ask a old man what he thinks about a time two decades ago when he mismanaged personnel?! LOL dude. You’re delusional. Academics at Colorado don’t care about the sports teams. Yeah, if coaches are hosting illicit parties, you’ll get criticized. That’s what happens you screw up in a high profile position: people scrutinize you.
You mean ask a guy who was recruiting the way every other P5 team was recruiting, and than had to face Bull**** charges?

You fundamentally misunderstand who controls CU

Yeah I went through them earlier today. About half are light. Guys who followed him from his HS staff or he knew from the NFL or had a couple years at a HBCU.
I think that alone would disqualify him if he wanted to bring the majority of his staff.

You mean ask a guy who was recruiting the way every other P5 team was recruiting, and than had to face Bull**** charges?

You fundamentally misunderstand who controls CU
So, let’s be clear about what you’re saying: tough, disciplinarian Deion Sanders would upset the academics at Colorado for getting attention. Somehow, this correlates to Gary Barnett facing scrutiny for recruiting with sex parties.

What I’m saying is that a person with Sanders’ temperament would likely be welcomed in Colorado since he’s a disciplinarian who holds his people to a high standard.

Your agenda is not helpful.

Trying to maneuver through the last 25 posts…
Married At First Sight Reaction GIF by Lifetime

I think that alone would disqualify him if he wanted to bring the majority of his staff.
I feel the need to point out that we’re talking about a potential HC who was a high school OC 2 seasons ago and has all of 28 games total experience as a college football coach, but we’re worried his staff might be a little light on experience?

If you’re trusting your program to a guy with a coaching resume as light as Deion, then you have to jus trust him and take the good with the bad.

Might be wishful thinking....but Mark Johnson said the new coach will be in place by Thanksgiving.

Jackson State's last game is November 19.

So, let’s be clear about what you’re saying: tough, disciplinarian Deion Sanders would upset the academics at Colorado for getting attention. Somehow, this correlates to Gary Barnett facing scrutiny for recruiting with sex parties.

What I’m saying is that a person with Sanders’ temperament would likely be welcomed in Colorado since he’s a disciplinarian who holds his people to a high standard.

Your agenda is not helpful.
I believe that our academics would resent the attention that Deon receives.

I think he would be great for Colorado as a coach, as a mentor and as a promoter of our program.

Your desire to mold every discussion into something political and then defend our obviously mediocre administration is annoying.

I believe that our academics would resent the attention that Deon receives.

I think he would be great for Colorado as a coach, as a mentor and as a promoter of our program.

Your desire to mold every discussion into something political and then defend our obviously mediocre administration is annoying.
I never mentioned politics. I correctly identified your agenda against academics as coloring your POV and its deranged conclusion.

I've always loved Brewster as a TE Coach, too.
I think I really wanted Brewster to replace Bernardi in 2017 and then again in 2018. There was talk about needing someone who could serve as a program executive and command respect when MacIntyre was busy promoting his COY award stuff. Seems sooooooo long ago now, but I can imagine him serving a similar role for a HC with tons of demands on his time and a less experienced offensive staff.

And his kids went to Mullen and maybe played for Logan? So some Colorado roots there.

I never mentioned politics. I correctly identified your agenda against academics as coloring your POV and its deranged conclusion.
I have heard enough rumors and have witnessed enough behavior to believe that our leadership does not support our athletics.

Buffnik, stated that Prime upsets traditionalists whites. I agree and I think they (our leadership) would have problems with the attention that he gets.

Back