What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Did JT Barrett get the first down?

First Down?

• Yes, forward progress to or past the 15 yard line.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Yes, not enough evidence to overturn initial spot.

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • No, stopped short of the 15 yard line.

Votes: 45 63.4%

• Total voters

jkppkjjkp

4th1.0.gif

No, they spotted him where his head was, not the ball. Home town call. Ohio st on borrowed time. When harbaugh gets his recruits in, it's gonna look like Bama vs Florida with saban/urban there. Smash mouth > finesse spread

Not only that, they missed an easy PI call on OSU on Michigan's turn with the football on 3rd down. The defender was draped all over the receiver and on replay clearly had hold of his bicep. Not the only bad calls going OSU's way this game, either.

I say yes, when he's in the air and bumps into the right hip of #88 you can see the ball flash into view directly above the line to gain; at a minimum that makes it too close to overturn.

I don't fault the officials on this one - it was very close and the replays were inconclusive.
The pass interference calls were terrible. First OSU gets a first down on an uncatchable pass (interference was called on Michigan). Then the refs missed a pass interference on OSU inside the 10.
Harbaugh complained about all 3 in the post game press conference. He was right about the interference call/non-call.

I imagine whether or not he got the first down depends on what outcome was more favorable for your team.

Why is this its own thread?

I wanted a poll.

Is there some rule against making threads about what will be the most talked about play of the weekend?

It was obviously very close and could've been called either way but there wasn't enough evidence to reverse it regardless of what the original call had been. I thought the ball crossed the 15 on his initial surge.

I wanted a poll.

Is there some rule against making threads about what will be the most talked about play of the weekend?
I really don't see the issue. I think he clearly gets it with forward momentum and is then pushed back. Nothing conclusive to overturn there. Not all that controversial IMO

I don't fault the officials on this one - it was very close and the replays were inconclusive.
The pass interference calls were terrible. First OSU gets a first down on an uncatchable pass (interference was called on Michigan). Then the refs missed a pass interference on OSU inside the 10.
Harbaugh complained about all 3 in the post game press conference. He was right about the interference call/non-call.
I disagree on the catchable part of the flag against Michigan. In real time it looked bad, but the replay shows that the receiver still got his hands within a foot of the ball in spite of the contact.
pi.0.gif

It's borderline catchable / not catchable.

If you want to criticize the ref for grabbing his flag there when he didn't need to, then you need to criticize the DB for making contact because the DB made a decision as though the ball was catchable.

I really don't see the issue. I think he clearly gets it with forward momentum and is then pushed back. Nothing conclusive to overturn there. Not all that controversial IMO
I agree, but then look at the responses and the poll results.

No, they spotted him where his head was, not the ball. Home town call. Ohio st on borrowed time. When harbaugh gets his recruits in, it's gonna look like Bama vs Florida with saban/urban there. Smash mouth > finesse spread

This seems like wishful thinking in a big way.

And Ohio State is not a finesse spread team.

The problem is he ran into his own guy. Therefore you don't get forward progress. It was a **** spot.

This seems like wishful thinking in a big way.

And Ohio State is not a finesse spread team.

I formation is different mindset vs spread. Same thing happened when saban took over Bama vs UF/Meyer. Once Harbaugh gets his guys on the OL/DL, this game will look different.

He might have gotten the ball to the back edge of the yellow line, but that was short of the 15.

It wouldn't have mattered if that ****stick Speight hadn't singlehandedly kept OSU in the game, the dick.

It wouldn't have mattered if that ****stick Speight hadn't singlehandedly kept OSU in the game, the dick.
Correct. You can't fumble a snap, throw a pick 6 and another INT against OSU on the road and expect to win. Even after all that, the game came down to that play by #4 in OT where he reversed field a few times to make it 4th and short instead of 4th and long.

Back