What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Die Streak, Die

Bummer -

So I had purchased a CU Buff flag (I am looking for a pic of it now to post) back in 1989. It was a Gold flag with Black lettering stitched BUFFS with the CU Buff logo just below it. I have flown this flag on my house for almost every game with the exception of a couple games where I was not home to put it out.
I went out and hung my flag about 6:30 am this past Saturday Sept. 21st per the norm. Throughout the day my CU BUFF flag was flying proudly as I noted going about my day. Just before dark I had gone out on the porch and the flag was there. At half time I stepped out front and my CU flag was still there. Sometime between halftime and the end of the game it got super windy - I poked my head out the door and to my flag was gone.:mad:
I of course waited till the game was over and I set out to find my flag. With flashlight in hand I circled the block searching under vehicles and around flower beds and could not find my flag. I am bummed. This is a normal middle class neighborhood and one would think whoever finds this flag would know which house it came from??
So did the flag blowing away take a bunch of mad majuju with it, should I call off the search and purchase a new one? I love old and nostalgic stuff and especially my old BUFF stuff. So I will keep searching -

Bummer -

So I had purchased a CU Buff flag (I am looking for a pic of it now to post) back in 1989. It was a Gold flag with Black lettering stitched BUFFS with the CU Buff logo just below it. I have flown this flag on my house for almost every game with the exception of a couple games where I was not home to put it out.
I went out and hung my flag about 6:30 am this past Saturday Sept. 21st per the norm. Throughout the day my CU BUFF flag was flying proudly as I noted going about my day. Just before dark I had gone out on the porch and the flag was there. At half time I stepped out front and my CU flag was still there. Sometime between halftime and the end of the game it got super windy - I poked my head out the door and to my flag was gone.:mad:
I of course waited till the game was over and I set out to find my flag. With flashlight in hand I circled the block searching under vehicles and around flower beds and could not find my flag. I am bummed. This is a normal middle class neighborhood and one would think whoever finds this flag would know which house it came from??
So did the flag blowing away take a bunch of mad majuju with it, should I call off the search and purchase a new one? I love old and nostalgic stuff and especially my old BUFF stuff. So I will keep searching -

There is some symbolic scenario here of your flag disappearing during the game, at the same time CU seems to turn an important corner in its recent history by overcoming adversity and gaining a road win, a conference road win, a road win against a ranked team. Let the flag go, it's all part of turning the corner.

Bummer -

Crazy... I've had a Buff hat for 10 years or so. It's my favorite hat. Goes on all my trips with me. used to be black and white, now it's mostly gray. But whatever, it's comfortable and dope. Anyway, my daughter and I were killing time playing around Turquoise lake near crested butte on saturday. It was windy af. I was busy keeping her from blowing away, and the wind just ripped the hat off my head and blew it away across some avalanche debris/snow field.

Normally, I would have chased that ****er down. But this time, I didn't try. First, it was FLYING away, I don't know if I could have caught it. But more importantly, for some reason, I just felt like it was right for it to be going away. I had no urge to try. I was at peace with it as it flew off into the distance. A few hours later, the curse was broken.

Let the flag go. The winds of change took it.

Bummer -

I'm assuming you are on Next Door. Keep us posted.

Three straight games nearly giving me a heart attack. I think the AFA game pissed off our team and it really showed on Saturday night. I'm so proud of the players and coaching staff for going on the road and beating a ranked team and getting our first win in Tempe. I'm glad we have a week off to get healthy because we really need it. This team has a big opportunity and now we need to take advantage of it. Beating Arizona and moving to 4-1 could build some incredible momentum and lead to a great season. The Pac 12 South is wide open!

What is the next streak to go? The first opportunity that comes to mind is ending the losing streak to USC, but I can’t say I have much confidence on that one.

What is the next streak to go? The first opportunity that comes to mind is ending the losing streak to USC, but I can’t say I have much confidence on that one.
I think we are all forgetting that another streak died on Saturday night; the 130 year streak of CU coaches wearing pants on the sideline.

I predict 2 more streaks to die this season. CU will beat USC, and CU will win its first bowl game in 15 years.

Univ. of Spoiled Children looked pretty good this last game. Hopefully the Mel Tucker mojo is fortified in Boulder, and the Buffs go wild and beat SC! The wins may not be pretty this year, but progress is showing already.

Can we stop with the "Oh my god, we should be so scared of U$C!" BS? Yeah, they're talented-but they're the Pac 12's version of Texas. They can pound Stanford one week, lose to an average BYU next week, and then beat Utah the next week. They're getting 10 in Seattle this weekend, and I'd be tempted to take that-I think Washington beats them by at least 2 TDs. We can win that football game, people.

Univ. of Spoiled Children looked pretty good this last game. Hopefully the Mel Tucker mojo is fortified in Boulder, and the Buffs go wild and beat SC! The wins may not be pretty this year, but progress is showing already.
They usually look much better at home. We'll see. I'll be at the CU-SC game drunk and loud.

We have had our chances to beat USC the last three years. All three were games we could have won had just a couple things gone our way. Gotta figure out a way to have those breaks go our way this year.

We have had our chances to beat USC the last three years. All three were games we could have won had just a couple things gone our way if the team and coaches knew how to finish.
FIFY

Having a killer instinct to put a team down when you have a chance comes from the top. We've got that now.

USC players gonna wake up Saturday morning after the game and wonder WTF happened and why their entire body hurts.

We have had our chances to beat USC the last three years. All three were games we could have won had just a couple things gone our way. Gotta figure out a way to have those breaks go our way this year.
This staff is better equipped to find a way to make those breaks. I also believe this staff would have taken USC in 2016.

I just like watching the Buffs again. I’m grateful for that. Been a lot of years and season streaks where it was just painful.

I believe in the maturity and seriousness of our coaching, and I believe we can make plays and win games. And I feel like the chances are good on any given Saturday that win or lose, at least they won’t be painful/embarrassing to watch.

I’m grateful for that. Go Buffs.

Back