What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Dish is IN!!! In time for football

Wow! I work for DISH and I was told by other people in the company that we were not going to pick up the Pac 12 network. What a pleasant surprise, hopefully we get a bunch of converts from Direct TV customers that decide they don't want to wait an extra week or two for Directtv to pick up the Pac 12 network as well... apparently the CU sac state game is on channel 445, I thought I was going to have to risk my computer getting a virus by watching it on firstrowsports.

Wait a second, game is supposedly on channel 445, but that channel doesn't show up in my guide, does anyone else have that problem?

Last edited:
I am so happy right now!!!! I was flipping channels to see if Dish got a deal done with Big 10 networks never dreaming I'd see a Pac 12 network!

I can't tell you the number of phone calls, emails and tweets I have made. They knew me because it was in my file about all of my calls. Thanks to all who have been doing the same for CU and all other teams in Pac 12.

Channel 445 does not show up on the guide. I'm planning on setting the DVR once the game starts. Go Dish. I will get to watch MY team in Iowa!!!!

:gobuffs:

In all seriousness, props to all of you who have worked the phone lines, media to get your TV carrier to carry the Pac 12 network. DTV customers, keep up the good fight and you will prevail.

Wait a second, game is supposedly on channel 445, but that channel doesn't show up in my guide, does anyone else have that problem?

It shows up on my guide as a "Sports Alternate" channel ... until I scroll right to 1 pm MDT, and then it lists the game. Try that.

It shows up on my guide as a "Sports Alternate" channel ... until I scroll right to 1 pm MDT, and then it lists the game. Try that.

still showing "sports alternate" on my guide but I'm pretty sure the game will be on.

Question: If my receiver is not HD will I still be able to see the game on ch 445?

still showing "sports alternate" on my guide but I'm pretty sure the game will be on.

Question: If my receiver is not HD will I still be able to see the game on ch 445?

don't know the answer to that.

Re the guide ... have you updated it in the past few hours?

In all seriousness, props to all of you who have worked the phone lines, media to get your TV carrier to carry the Pac 12 network. DTV customers, keep up the good fight and you will prevail.

A deal with DTV will get done, it's just a matter of when. I honestly didn't think it would take this long. :huh:

don't know the answer to that.

Re the guide ... have you updated it in the past few hours?

Not since about 6:30 this morning but if i go to ch 445 it lets me select it and seee the "Dish season ticket" logo so I'm pretty sure when the game starts I can watch.

Jeremy Bloom reporting from Folsom on Pac-12 network with Buff logo over his left shoulder! Now, if only I could find a girlfriend who owns a liquor store......

I am so happy right now!!!! I was flipping channels to see if Dish got a deal done with Big 10 networks never dreaming I'd see a Pac 12 network!

I can't tell you the number of phone calls, emails and tweets I have made. They knew me because it was in my file about all of my calls. Thanks to all who have been doing the same for CU and all other teams in Pac 12.

Channel 445 does not show up on the guide. I'm planning on setting the DVR once the game starts. Go Dish. I will get to watch MY team in Iowa!!!!

:gobuffs:

I figured out why... apparently guide for the hopper is set up differently, so to find the CU game, go to channel 412, uncollapse it to get a bunch of channels, the game will show up on channel 412-33

There´s nothing about an exclusive carriage deal in the press release, only Miller says so. Dish only has some exclusive sponsorships. Read it closely.

Miller just edited his blog and removed the word 'exclusive'. I think DTV will need to up their offer.

Still waiting for Dish to switch over channel 445 for the game.... Should happen at 1. Regardless watching Slick Rick do a decent job on the mothership channel.

Yeah they've messed up. They have the Cal game on both overflow channels.

That sucks!!

Hopefully they''lll clear that up soon. Can someone let me know when they do? Meanwhile I'm watching my undegrad alma mater lose on CSNCH.

Last edited:
On chat with Dish Network. Their response....
Neo (ID: A94): DISH is pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with Big Ten Network that will allow you to keep all of your college football programming. Thank you for your patience and loyalty while we work to bring you the best programming at the best value

Me too. He was pleased to inform me I can watch it on 445 :(

but it seems now he is working on it for real

I was just on chat with dish. dude said give it a few minutes. tuned in KOA and heard Powell scored on a 65 yard run and buffs D just held, forcing a punt.

Meanwhile, I'm watching Colorado Mesa vs. UNC on Directv while listening to the Buffs on the radio.... :cry:

Called Directv to bitch. They gave me $100 credit on Sunday ticket, a $10/month discount on Sportspack and free HD ($5/month)...

Told them that's nice, but if they don't have the Pac-12 Network in 2 weeks, I'm still calling back to switch to Dish.... :huh:

I was quite irritated at the beginning when Dish was showing Cal instead of CU. Finally we got the CU game and I was sorry I watched it.

Back