What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Do the fuskers need an opponent for 2008?

My campus is prettier than your campus argument? What a bunch of girls! Nice shot of the flowers there ladies. Whats the deal did a whole bunch of you get gelded after the bowl games? Some of you need to go peal off those panties and go commando for a while or something.

i DID like the flowers. they were teh pertyz.

watch the commando inclination. despite popular man myth, women are not that interested in a four inch stub. :thumbsup:

The biggest joke is the Huskers have 8 home games. Why the hell does the NCAA let NU get away with 8 home game? No wonder they travel well. They only have to go out of town 3 freaking times.

It could be 4 but they won't make a bowl game.

The biggest joke is the Huskers have 8 home games. Why the hell does the NCAA let NU get away with 8 home game? No wonder they travel well. They only have to go out of town 3 freaking times.

It's harvest, they have to stay close to help pick corn.

you are saying this because you have walked the south oval?

call me crazy, but i did not see bleak buildings, a lack of landscaping, fences, or guards.

You know, the South Oval isn't too bad. I think Norman is kind of nice. It doesn't wow like Boulder does but how many places do?

Not to bring logic into this conversation or anything, but first off, everyone plays 12 games in D1 now. Secondly, we don't have a choice in conference play, that's just how the schedule sets up. Third, do you really expect a big XII team to travel to play San Jose St., Western Michigan, or New Mexico St.? Those teams get a bigger payday by coming to our stadium than having us go to theirs. Finally, We have a home/away with Va Tech and we happen to be at home first. So how exactly are we "getting away with" anything?

Third, do you really expect a big XII team to travel to play San Jose St., Western Michigan, or New Mexico St.?

Personally, I don't expect a Big XII team to play San Josie St., Western Michigan or New Mexico St. anywhere. Especially not all in the same year. (That shot is aimed at the Chickenhawks and the Lubbock Zorros as much as UNL.) Maybe if UNL was scheduling a few more matchups with elite programs, they would be playing a few more road games. And maybe the lack of games against elite programs stems from an unwillingness to leave the cozy concrete confines of Memorial Stadium, rather than the other way around... :cool:

Not to bring logic into this conversation or anything, but first off, everyone plays 12 games in D1 now. Secondly, we don't have a choice in conference play, that's just how the schedule sets up. Third, do you really expect a big XII team to travel to play San Jose St., Western Michigan, or New Mexico St.? Those teams get a bigger payday by coming to our stadium than having us go to theirs. Finally, We have a home/away with Va Tech and we happen to be at home first. So how exactly are we "getting away with" anything?

Playing at home for 8 of your games is not a competitive advantage? Hell you have more home games than the New York Giants did and they ended up winning the Super Bowl.

All I can say is keep playing the San Jose St., Western Michigan, and the New Mexico State's of the world at home. Those types of teams really help you get ready for the big dogs of the big 12.

No wonder you can't beat a top 15 team!

Playing at home for 8 of your games is not a competitive advantage? Hell you have more home games than the New York Giants did and they ended up winning the Super Bowl.

All I can say is keep playing the San Jose St., Western Michigan, and the New Mexico State's of the world at home. Those types of teams really help you get ready for the big dogs of the big 12.

*cough* Montana State 2006 19 to 10 *cough* Also, we played 5 games away last season so this season is just setting up in our favor as far as the Big XII is concerned. We play a total of 8 Big XII games and 4 of those are away and 4 are at home. The smaller schools are going to want to cash in quicker so of course they want to come to our stadium. I'm not saying that they aren't small schools because they are! I would rather schedule VT, USC, Auburn, Alabama, etc. every year than these small schools. However, the schedule is made like 3 or 4 years in advance so there is nothing that can be done about it. Spout off all you want because all that matters in the long run is the game after thanksgiving next season @ Memorial. :smile2:

You're right. We're a bunch of cheaters. How dare we schedule that many home games!

*cough* Montana State 2006 19 to 10 *cough* Also, we played 5 games away last season so this season is just setting up in our favor as far as the Big XII is concerned. We play a total of 8 Big XII games and 4 of those are away and 4 are at home. The smaller schools are going to want to cash in quicker so of course they want to come to our stadium. I'm not saying that they aren't small schools because they are! I would rather schedule VT, USC, Auburn, Alabama, etc. every year than these small schools. However, the schedule is made like 3 or 4 years in advance so there is nothing that can be done about it. Spout off all you want because all that matters in the long run is the game after thanksgiving next season @ Memorial. :smile2:

Your right, the only one that matters is the one after Thanksgiving. That score was 65 to 51. Just for you information your basketball team gave up less points to the buffs than your football team did. Nice job black shirts. How dare I question the Corn after that whipping you gave Ball St. last year. Your best win was over KState and they completely fell apart. At least the Buffs beat 2 ranked teams.

Way to go keeping Kansas under 80. That showed some real heart. I think they scored 19 against us but I am really not sure.

Word of advise for Bo. Get an unlisted number.

*cough* Eastern Washington *cough* cough*!!

App. St. would be too much of a tussle for the Buffs, I would think!:lol:

E.W.U. did beat Montana St. last year, pretty easily, watch out Buffs. You could get it handed to ya!

Scheduling smack!?! Are you serious?!?

Your right, the only one that matters is the one after Thanksgiving. That score was 65 to 51. Just for you information your basketball team gave up less points to the buffs than your football team did. Nice job black shirts. How dare I question the Corn after that whipping you gave Ball St. last year. Your best win was over KState and they completely fell apart. At least the Buffs beat 2 ranked teams.

Way to go keeping Kansas under 80. That showed some real heart. I think they scored 19 against us but I am really not sure.

Not real smart to make predictions for a coach that you have never seen before, but I digress...

Going to Vegas with that one?:smile2:

WMU has a good team and a bunch of speed. If knu goes into that game thinking easy win, it will be....for WMU. Check the stats. They love to throw the ball and knu can't stop the pass. I think Ball State put 600 yards on you guys correct??:lol:

WMU has a good team and a bunch of speed. If knu goes into that game thinking easy win, it will be....for WMU. Check the stats. They love to throw the ball and knu can't stop the pass. I think Ball State put 600 yards on you guys correct??:lol:

Oh wow, I forgot that we have the same players and coaching staff from last year! Vegas is gonna love you with that logic. :lol:

Oh wow, I forgot that we have the same players and coaching staff from last year! Vegas is gonna love you with that logic. :lol:

Well that game is at the begining of the year. Takes a little time to shake off giving up all those points and big gainers. What's with all the Vegas talk?? I hope you still have a place to live and food on the table if you have been betting fuskers lately.:smile2: Don't bet on them this year either. Just sound advice.:thumbsup:

How can you even compare last season's coaching staff with next season's coaching staff??? You have a defensive coordinator coming in from a national championship team who had one helluva a defense?! Our defense can't go anywhere, but up and you can bet that he's not going to be playing the defensive backs in zone coverage. He'll have them right up on the line so that will eliminate alot of the slant and curl $hit people used on us last season.

Talk about last year all you want. If you want to talk about the past that's fine all I have to say is..............46-18-2!!!! You can win for the next 28 years if it'll make you feel better, but I doubt we're going to let that happen. :wink2:

How can you even compare last season's coaching staff with next season's coaching staff??? You have a defensive coordinator coming in from a national championship team who had one helluva a defense?! Our defense can't go anywhere, but up and you can bet that he's not going to be playing the defensive backs in zone coverage. He'll have them right up on the line so that will eliminate alot of the slant and curl people used on us last season.

I can't compare last season staff to this years. This years staff is made up of an assistant coach with little experience and some interns. Not to mention a Colorado cast off.

Talent makes coaches look good. LSU had the best Defensive talent in the country. The Huskers are not even close. You don't have to believe me just watch the NFL draft.

If Bo makes a 10 point a game difference you still will average giving up 31 a game. That won't get you anywhere but home for the holidays.

I can't compare last season staff to this years. This years staff is made up of an assistant coach with little experience and some interns. Not to mention a Colorado cast off.

Talent makes coaches look good. LSU had the best Defensive talent in the country. The Huskers are not even close. You don't have to believe me just watch the NFL draft.

If Bo makes a 10 point a game difference you still will average giving up 31 a game. That won't get you anywhere but home for the holidays.

It's going to take probably three years to see a difference anyways. It takes a little while to get the system set up just how the coach likes it. Look at 2006 for CU. They were horrible and look what Hawk did this last season. It's going to take us playing decent to get the talent here, but at the same time it seems like Bo could give a damn about stars and is looking for a certain type of player. I believe you when you say that LSU had fantastic talent because they did. This coaching staff is young and unproven so only time will tell how they do.

It's going to take probably three years to see a difference anyways. It takes a little while to get the system set up just how the coach likes it. Look at 2006 for CU. They were horrible and look what Hawk did this last season. It's going to take us playing decent to get the talent here, but at the same time it seems like Bo could give a damn about stars and is looking for a certain type of player. I believe you when you say that LSU had fantastic talent because they did. This coaching staff is young and unproven so only time will tell how they do.

Now your starting to make some sense. Most Husker fans believe that Bo will bring the LSU defense along with the offense from last year and you will compete for the Big 12 Championship next year. Thats probably not going to happen. A bowl game would be a success in my opinion, but if they don't make one no reason to jump off a cliff.

Now your starting to make some sense. Most Husker fans believe that Bo will bring the LSU defense along with the offense from last year and you will compete for the Big 12 Championship next year. Thats probably not going to happen. A bowl game would be a success in my opinion, but if they don't make one no reason to jump off a cliff.
I totally agree with you, but part of being a fan in the off-season is making crazy a$$ed predictions. I don't think we'll win the North next season, but I guess anything is possible. No way in hell does our defense look like LSU's next season. They will be much improved, but in no way will they be a Top 5 defense. Part of that is because the defense is going to be so young and that's a good thing because Bo and company will get a chance to work with them and coach them correctly. I definately would like to get something like an Alamo Bowl appearance or something along those lines, but improving on last season is the key and a 7-5 or an 8-4 would be a step in the right direction. I think the middle of the North is going to be log jammed as hell with Mizzou at the top and KSUcks at the end. I think we are going to see a much improved CU team next season and to think otherwise is just being naive for all the fans of the teams in the North. I just hope whoever represents the North next season in the championship game finally beats the South team and brings the trophy back to the North where it belongs!

That's all I was saying. It's going to take time. You would have thought I said your defense would never improve the way colofusker went on the attack. Finally a level headed fan.:thumbsup:

That's all I was saying. It's going to take time. You would have thought I said your defense would never improve the way colofusker went on the attack. Finally a level headed fan.:thumbsup:

The comment you made insinuated that our defense was going to be exactly the same as it was last season. That's what I was "attacking". That statement is about as stupid as me saying your defense is gonna give up 51 to us again next year. I realize you're fairly new here, but you won't find many delusional husker fans on this board. Those that are don't last long. I'm a realist. Our defense will take a couple of years to get back into the top 10 (if ever). I accept that but I also have the expectation that our defense will be greatly improved from last year, just as I'm sure you have the expectation that your offense will be greatly improved this season. That's the beauty of talking football in February.:thumbsup:

The comment you made insinuated that our defense was going to be exactly the same as it was last season. That's what I was "attacking". That statement is about as stupid as me saying your defense is gonna give up 51 to us again next year. I realize you're fairly new here, but you won't find many delusional husker fans on this board. Those that are don't last long. I'm a realist. Our defense will take a couple of years to get back into the top 10 (if ever). I accept that but I also have the expectation that our defense will be greatly improved from last year, just as I'm sure you have the expectation that your offense will be greatly improved this season. That's the beauty of talking football in February.:thumbsup:

Read post #78 I said the game is at the start of the year and that it would take time for your defense to get it together. Saying that I said your defense would be the same is "stupid" and also not true. I am new here but being new does not make me an "idot". Looking forward to many good spirited battles with ya!:thumbsup:

Back