What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Does Hawk change his style of game management this year?

Hawk is running out of excuses. He already wore out the injury excuse last year, this season he needs to win at least 8, otherwise he's on his way out.

Yep, injuries only hurt your team one season. If it happens more than once it is irrelevant. Thank God we've got that out of the way now.... :thumbsup:

STOP.
Hammertime
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfxCnZ4Dp3c"]YouTube - Hammer Pants Dance (HD)[/ame]

I say get a bowl this year and compete for the B12 championship in 2010. From there, build a top 10 program.

I have a hard time seeing the path to cracking the top 10 from where we sit right now... =/

I have a hard time seeing the path to cracking the top 10 from where we sit right now... =/

The path is simple; Take care of the OOC, win the North, sweep the South.

The difficulty is getting the coaches and players to stay on that path.

The path is simple; Take care of the OOC, win the North, sweep the South.

The difficulty is getting the coaches and players to stay on that path.

Now I have come to the cross-roads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew, but I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie. He's come to the cross-roads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey.

Now I have come to the cross-roads in my life. I always knew what the right path was. Without exception, I knew, but I never took it. You know why? It was too damn hard. Now here's Charlie. He's come to the cross-roads. He has chosen a path. It's the right path. It's a path made of principle that leads to character. Let him continue on his journey.

Tits. Whoo-Ah. Hah!

In year one, he would often go for it on 4th down just to instil a sense of pride in the players. He would do odd things that were aimed more at changing the mindset of the players than at actually winning the game. Year two, he goes for it on his own 40 yard line in Ames, and the wheels totally fall off.

So with a lot of pressure on him to win, and win now, and with his own stated goal of 10 wins, does he back off that stuff and coach the game a little more straight up this year?

If that is his philosophy then he is going to fail. Players get a sense of pride from working together as a team and accomplishing great things - in the heat of a game going for it on 4th does not necessarily instill a sense of pride. The success of a team has a lot to do with the confidence and trust a player has in his team (including coaches) to do their job. One of the coaches jobs is to put his team in a position to win and in the ISU game he broke the trust.

Going for it on 4th down was just a stupid decision. CU is up 21-0 starting the second half and the failed 4th down attempt gives ISU a short field which they took advantage of to score. After that it look like the CU team was lost - ISU scored 31 unanswered points...and CU was just three and out on offense...not much pride instilled in that team.

Going for it on 4th down was just a stupid decision. CU is up 21-0 starting the second half and the failed 4th down attempt gives ISU a short field which they took advantage of to score. After that it look like the CU team was lost - ISU scored 31 unanswered points...and CU was just three and out on offense...not much pride instilled in that team.

Exactly.

You know what really builds confidence? Winning. Win and you players will believe you can win. Put them in the best positions to win and they just might come through for you. Imagine that...:huh:

Back