What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Don’t lose faith

UCLA, Furd, and Udub are our road to the World Cup right now. Buffs need to have that “there’s no tomorrow” attitude now. The coaches need to drive that mindset. Play to leave it all on the field.

Ive been surprised and disappointed this season. Bare cupboards, new offense and defense schemes that need the right personnel to be effective. The run game is taking off, and I think with the right type of QB - true dual threat, the playbook becomes WFO.

The defense will take a year or two, after this year, to get competitive. I think Perry and Trujillo seem like a good base for the future of this secondary. I think Sami will be GOOD. Just a few game ready recruits or transfers need to come in, and then depth is a desperate need.

With the way that GB was driven out, the lighting of the dumpster that was the Hawkins era, set CU back years. MM patched up the ship, but it’s time for a new boat. CU has the facilities, the backdrop, the history. Something can happen in Boulder just as much as in Seattle, Eugene, SLC. Everyone from the fans to the University board needs to be behind it

We showed up vs SC. Blew it at the end, but they didn't look bad out there. We will beat money U soon.

What we really need is to get both the defense and offense aligned experience wise. No more one unit be the experienced one while the other is young and learning. This has led to a lot of losses. Recruiting needs to get them in synch.

Tucker and staff had the team in a position to win but needed to keep running the ball. I know they wanted to air it out to show USC they can play that game too, but it was not necessary. However at the end of the day they aren't the ones that dropped passes, missed tackles, held on long runs or could not recover fumbles that were already in their hands. Players make plays to quote MM, but ours didn't when they needed to.

Tucker and staff had the team in a position to win but needed to keep running the ball. I know they wanted to air it out to show USC they can play that game too, but it was not necessary. However at the end of the day they aren't the ones that dropped passes, missed tackles, held on long runs or could not recover fumbles that were already in their hands. Players make plays to quote MM, but ours didn't when they needed to.
I believe Tucker is the right guy. Thing is, I'd like to see him just flat take over when he needs to. If that means going up to the OC and say, run the ****ing ball, so be it. The missed tackles, holds, etc can be worked on. The attitude has to come from the head man, though.

We weren't supposed to be good this year. You are blind if you don’t see the culture being changed, the recruiting being better. We are headed in the right direction.

I’m reading No Excuses, the Bob Stoops book. After learning more about his time at Iowa as a player and at KSU as an assistant, I am reminded - starkly - that player and culture shifts take time.

This is gonna get bumpy.

Mel is the right guy.

I think we beat UCLA and Stanford

You think cu will win every week, not that there's anything wrong with that but , this team can't finish. They've had so many opportunities the last 3 years to get to that elusive 6 wins and it doesn't happen. Maybe they beat ucla and stanford, just enough tease to be let down vs UW and Utah. This team should be sitting at 6-2 with recruiting on the rise, instead its groundhog day all over again.

You think cu will win every week, not that there's anything wrong with that but , this team can't finish. They've had so many opportunities the last 3 years to get to that elusive 6 wins and it doesn't happen. Maybe they beat ucla and stanford, just enough tease to be let down vs UW and Utah. This team should be sitting at 6-2 with recruiting on the rise, instead its groundhog day all over again.
They have not learned to win. Too steeped in a losing culture.

I have actually picked CU to lose 3 times this season already in score prediction threads.. I also expect them to lose their final two games. I see a 5-7 finish again.
Am I happy with that? No
Am I surprised by that? No
Do I see signs of progression and a promising future? **** yes, haven’t been this excited about the future since the early Barnett Year’s.

I have actually picked CU to lose 3 times this season already in score prediction threads.. I also expect them to lose their final two games. I see a 5-7 finish again.
Am I happy with that? No
Am I surprised by that? No
Do I see signs of progression and a promising future? **** yes, haven’t been this excited about the future since the early Barnett Year’s.

MT is the exciting part. I'm not excited with recruiting or the asst. Coaches on this staff, especially defense.

Back