What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early 2015 Season CU Buffs Football Predictions

@Hawaii W
UMass W
CSU W
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona L
@OSU W
@UCLA W
Stanford L
USC L
@Wazzu W
@Utah W

@Hawaii W
UMass W
CSU W
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona L
@OSU W
@UCLA L
Stanford L
USC L
@Wazzu W
@Utah W

Being a Cubs...er...Buff fan for so long, I really did hesitate predicting a winning record. But why not...the Kool Aid's flowing now. I could see a W against AZ and a L against Utah...but the final record remains the same...7-6.

@Hawaii L
UMass W
CSU W
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona W
@OSU L
@UCLA L
Stanford L
USC L
@Wazzu W
@Utah W

I'm not expecting a win at Hawaii. If we do win, it will mean good things . . . like a bowl.

@Hawaii L
UMass W
CSU W
NSU W
Oregon L
@ASU L
Arizona W
@OSU L
@UCLA L
Stanford L
USC L
@Wazzu W
@Utah W

I'm not expecting a win at Hawaii. If we do win, it will mean good things . . . like a bowl.

If we do win its because you should have won the game. Why are you not expecting a win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we do win its because you should have won the game. Why are you not expecting a win?

Probably because its game #1 and its on the road and hawaii defends its turf. Typically.

CU is unproven and will face a test in game #1. Hawaii is also unproven, but they had some talent transfer in and is now eligible, its up to coaching now for them. It is not unreasonable to expect that to be a tough game. CU should be favored and I personally expect to win, but a loss should not be a surprise.

It's the first game for them to do that card doesn't work and they've got more question marks than we do. Everyone should expect to start 4-0.

It's the first game for them to do that card doesn't work and they've got more question marks than we do. Everyone should expect to start 4-0.

CU has been horrendous on the road for a decade. Hawaii is good at home, usually.

I expect to start 4-0 but Hawaii is the one game I have the least confidence in.

Hawaii is good at home, usually.

I don't see much evidence for that. In the last 10 years or so, they've beaten 2 P5 teams at home, CU and WSU. Most of the time, teams don't seem to have much trouble going there and winning. However, as you said, we have been terrible on the road, but we should win this one.

Edit: They also did beat Washington in 2007, a team that went 4-9.

Last edited:
I don't see much evidence for that. In the last 10 years or so, they've beaten 2 P5 teams at home, CU and WSU. Most of the time, teams don't seem to have much trouble going there and winning. However, as you said, we have been terrible on the road, but we should win this one.

They are just a different animal at home. They haven't won many games period the last 5 years, but they still play everyone really tight in the islands.

Because going to Hawaii is a tough road trip, no matter how good or bad the Rainbow Warriors are. We lost to CSU in the first game last year, a game we "should" have won. On the bright side, if we do win in Honolulu, I think it means that this team will be better than I expected.

Why does everyone have us losing to ucla? I think thats our best chance at an upset this season.

Why does everyone have us losing to ucla? I think thats our best chance at an upset this season.

Supposedly they have the most talent in the league and I am guessing their defense will take it up a notch this year with the new DC. He was a Leavitt level hire IMO. It all comes down to Rosen.

Because going to Hawaii is a tough road trip, no matter how good or bad the Rainbow Warriors are. We lost to CSU in the first game last year, a game we "should" have won. On the bright side, if we do win in Honolulu, I think it means that this team will be better than I expected.

CSU is a far better team than Hawaii, they also have two new coordinators and a new QB. Not the same as CSU in 2014, especially without a rivalry aspect.

CSU is a far better team than Hawaii, they also have two new coordinators and a new QB. Not the same as CSU in 2014, especially without a rivalry aspect.

Last year you said CSU sucked and that we would role. Kinda like you are saying Hawaii sucks and that we will roll this year.

My heart wants 7-5, but I think our talent is closer to 5-7. Sweet Toddler Jesus on a Big Wheel®, I hope I'm wrong.

After a brief trip to next January, I added a bit more information so everyone can call their favorite sports book.

@Hawaii L 52-47 After falling behind big CU puts on an impressive second half come back that falls just short.
UMass W 38-24 A reverse of the Hawaii game, CU jumps out early and gives up 2 fourth quarter touchdowns.
CSU W 49-17 The Buffs defense plays its first 'complete' game by only give up 280 yards rushing. CSU can't finish in the red zone.
NSU W 63-10 Buffs fall behind 10-0 in the first 5 minutes before waking up.
Oregon L 72-24 Slow starts become worrisome and this slow start never turns into something else.
@ASU L 52-35 Buffs put up a valiant effort, but just can't slow down ASU's QB (Who breaks every ASU single season record by years end).
Arizona W 31-28 After missing three field goals during the game, the Buffs make one as time expires from 32 yards out.
@OSU W 34-17 Team beats up on a bad OSU squad.
@UCLA L 56-10 UCLA was the most over rated team in college football last year. Their young guns are grown up now. UCLA dominates on the way to winning the PAC-12 South.
Stanford L 31-13 Buffs are officially streaky. Bad Buffs came to this game.
USC L 38-24 Third loss in a row has fans giving up on the season, but CU shows signs of life in second half after being down 31-0 at half time.
@Wazzu W 45-27 Really, how is it this team is so bad one week and so good the next?
@Utah W 28-24 Game receives national attention for the near white out conditions. Buffs don all white uniforms at the perfect time. After the game Utah protests the uniforms claiming they give CU an unfair advantage in snowy conditions.

7-6

Cactus Bowl
vs Oklahoma State L 38-37 Buffs just can't get a stop, but put up over 600 yards of total offense. Two more miss field goals are costly.

I am scared to death of the Hawaii game. Didn't realize they had Max Wittek and supposedly he has looked great this offseason.

Not sure how anyone can have THAT strong of an opinion in a prediction thread. Optimism is a nice thing to have, but attempting to beat others into being an optimist is silly really.

Back