What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Early look at the season

A lot would depend on how we got to those 8 wins, but I think most folks would be satisfied with that. Ain't gonna happen, though. Simple reason is that Hawk can't win on the road. He has to win at least one road game to win 8 games this year. I don't have to know jack sh!t about sports to know that.

Kansas is a possible road win, and things change every year, so no you don't know ****

But I know a lot about spider monkeys, they are a long ways from taking over, so CU will be a miracle to win 6

Last edited:
Oh c'mon Boulder. BM just hates hypocracy and keeps the rest of us honest; that he hates it most in CU fans is irrelevant.

You're right, I do hate hypocracy more in fellow fans than other fanbases. In large, I could care less about other fanbases. I care about CU.

And I try keeping most of you honest, but some insist on living in a fantasy world.

You're right, I do hate hypocracy more in fellow fans than other fanbases. In large, I could care less about other fanbases. I care about CU.

And I try keeping most of you honest, but some insist on living in a fantasy world.

life is boring living in reality, you gotta have fun with it, it's short. I bet I have more fun every year watching football than you. By the way, I would be shocked with 7 wins this year, could see it happening with some miracles, but would be shocked. Who really gives a **** though right, you're right all the time aren't you? Aren't you? ya ya? answer me little spider monkey husker lover

I'm content to let folks live in that fantasy world. It's football fanaticism, not brain surgery. Most fans appreciate homerism in their own fan base, and contest it in others. You're different. Fine. But I don't necessarily understand the point of alienating yourself from the fans of the same team for which you root, just so you can feel better when your predictions of doom are realized (I'm projecting on that last part).

I'm not one for making predictions. I somewhat reluctantly voted in a poll last year, before the season, and we all see how that went. But man, I admire the guys that put it out there, hoping so hard for the best they come to believe it. Evidence be damned! Fan bases are fueled on hope, little more.

We have a turd in the punch bowl. I repeat, we have a turd in the punch bowl.

:smile2:

4 wins....by way of home games....and the rest are not Hawkins fault...the team just did not do the little things to win the rest.....blah, blah, blah....it will be the same yr as last yr, lots of talk and promises, but the team will come out flat with no emotion. As long as Hawkins is here, I dont see a winning season, no matter who is under center....:huh:

CSU: Win . Our only win with a margin of greater than 10.

@ Cal: Loss. Twon't be close

Hawaii: Loss. Close but we give up a large early lead.

Georgia: Win with Goodman Field goal. He becomes a hero again but misses next 6 field goals in a row.

@ Mizzou: Loss. We don't score.

Baylor: Win only because we're at home. Close

Texas Tech: Win . Close but we get the last possession and win it with a field goal. The first made since the Georgia game.

@ Oklahoma: Loss We start strong go into half with a lead but never score again.

@ Kansas: Loss. On the road and this isn't where we get our rode win.

Iowa St: Win. We will win by 10. It will be the first solid win since CSU game

Kansas St: Loss. We are out coached. Plus Kst is more physical and we get bullied in the trencehs

@ Nebraska: Loss. We lead at half but only score once in second half and Nebraska spoils our bowl chances and nobody will care.

5-7

The only winnable road game that I can see at this point is Kansas. With a new coaching staff, loss of players, etc that has to be seen as an opportunity. However, it comes late in the season, which gives them time to establish an identity and we suck so bad on the road that this is only wishful thinking.

All of the home games are winnable, except Georgia. Get real, they are going to pound the **** out of us and show Dan Hawkins what a power running game can do for you.

CSU on a neutral site, is of course winnable. This comes down to how quickly and effectively we get our QB, interior OL, and special teams situations figured out.

We have a decent shot at going 6-6. Even if Hawkins pulls out his inexplicable win over a top team, he usually also has one or two WTF-type losses.

Most likely we end up 4-8 or 5-7.

You are an evil bastard for reposting this. But, notice, moi did not post on this one. If I had, I'd have predicted 3-9 and Hawk fired.

So how are everyone's predictions looking? :huh:

Threat of Spider Monkey Infestation is green.

a136_terror_alert_system_2050081722-16697.jpg

I have just struck out the last two games, looks like I'll get back on track next week and my overall record is still very possible.

right on target with 3 wins this season. However I had them beating CSU, ISU, and Hawaii. I had them losing every road game.

I really need Iowa State to step up since D2D went and screwed everything up by beating Georgia.

Back