What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Embree > Hawkins?

Tini... sigh. I want to help you, I really do. All you had to do is clarify your statement to what you actually meant, but instead you are sticking to it and making yourself look like a pussy AND an idiot.

Tini... sigh. I want to help you, I really do. All you had to do is clarify your statement to what you actually meant, but instead you are sticking to it and making yourself look like a pussy AND an idiot.
I didn't clarify?

Not me, knucklehead. It's Embo, his staff and and all 22-so-far of his recruits you've offended.

Yes, i'm sure embree is pacing the Dal Ward wondering why i'm comparing this class to previous's classes. Looks like a new floor will be part of the "upgraded facilities".

I didn't clarify?

Playing close to teams like washington state and cal mean nothing. Cal has talent year in year out and are a 6-6/7-5 team every year. Washington state? No excuse to lose to them period. CU was blown out by ASU,WASHINGTON. CU was dominated by the top of the pac 12.

To 'compete" is like listening to Benson give his version of cu football.

Close no longer cuts it, 2 plays away, 3 plays is a phrase that has been burned to the ground...so to speak.

Playing close to teams like washington state and cal mean nothing. Cal has talent year in year out and are a 6-6/7-5 team every year. Washington state? No excuse to lose to them period. CU was blown out by ASU,WASHINGTON. CU was dominated by the top of the pac 12.

Close no longer cuts it, 2 plays away, 3 plays is a phrase that has been burned to the ground...so to speak.
Cal is still a middle of the road Pac 12 team and I agree that we should have never lost to WSU or Cal this year. Washington and ASU ****ing sucked yes but just because I saw we didn't fare bad doesn't mean I accept losing at all. It ****ing sucks, there's no way around it but it gives me hope that our coaches competed with teams with far more talent than us.

Cal is still a middle of the road Pac 12 team and I agree that we should have never lost to WSU or Cal this year. Washington and ASU ****ing sucked yes but just because I saw we didn't fare bad doesn't mean I accept losing at all. It ****ing sucks, there's no way around it but it gives me hope that our coaches competed with teams with far more talent than us.

I know you hate losing, but you keep saying "competed" with teams and we really didn't for the most part is what people are trying to express.

thread20kill7pk.jpg

Don't disagree, okay isn't okay, the target is championships. What I do look at though is that you have to walk before you run. The roster that Embree inherited from the Clown from Boise was completely devoid of legitimate BCS conference talent. The fact that we had to play so many freshmen last year just shows how little was there before.

I want difference makers, I want guys that every other school wishes they had, I want us to recruit kids who from the first day of practice people look at as potential NFL players. Unfortunately those guys don't grow on trees and don't get excited about coming to teams that haven't been relevant for close to a decade.

Embree and staff have gone after some of those difference makers and we still may end up with some of them but first priority simply has to be to get us to a point where our talent means even our best game results in getting blown out by the top schools.

Unlike the classes we had under Hawk, I feel like every player we have committed at worst can compete against PAC level talent. Almost all of them have offers from multiple BCS AQ level schools, unlike what we saw with Hawk. We have some real D-linemen finally, not a bunch of hope they grow 60lbs and discover some athleticism guys like we have had. We have two QB prospects better than anything we have seen in the past decade (counting Wood,) we have some WR prospects coming in who don't look like they belong in D2.

The class still has some gaping holes. We are short on OL, short on LB (Rippy would help a lot,) and still need some more quality DBs. It isn't all going to happen all in one year or even a couple of years but I am seeing huge improvement compared to what we had.

Sorry to say but we are still going to get killed by teams like Oregon and USC, they just have to much talent for us. What was sad to see was that teams like Washington State, Washington, and the Arizona schools all had way more talent than we did, that is what we have to fix first before trying to match up head to head with the top teams

Anyone know if the rumors that Richardson was thinking of transferring have any truth to them?

I don't know how much better the talent will be in this class but I know this for fact.

1. I will take a 2 star running back coached by EB over a 5 star guy coached by Hagan.

2. I will take a 2 star TE coached by Embree over a 5 star TE coached by Riddle.

I think that the odds of us having another freshman or two on the 2012 Freshman All-American team are pretty decent.

I don't know how much better the talent will be in this class but I know this for fact.

1. I will take a 2 star running back coached by EB over a 5 star guy coached by Hagan.

2. I will take a 2 star TE coached by Embree over a 5 star TE coached by Riddle.
Not saying much since we did take a 2 star running back coached by Hagan over a 5 star running back coached by Hagan :lol:

Are we really even debating this? These 2* guys are the types of guys that you want for your foundation. The 2* we were getting under hawk were the ones that came here cuz no one else wanted them. They committed in January. They had no options so they came to the only BCS team to offer them. This is embo's first full recruiting class, and to be honest given the results of the season and his very limited record as a head coach, I am surprised we are doing this well right now. The important part of this is the areas and the schools we are getting kids from. He is building relationships and connections in some of the countries most talented areas. JE is recruiting so much better than Hawk, they shouldnt even be in the same thought.

I agree, I personally feel it is quite insulting to Embree to compare him to Hawk. Hawk sucked almost from the beginning. Had no BCS experience and no NFL experience. Had no passion for the Buffs or respect for our tradition. Could not recruit, terrible game-time coach (how do you ever lose a game like KU-a monkey could have won that game as coach) and did not surround himself with world-class assistants.

Let's show Embree some respect, and trust in him, EB and the rest. That doesn't mean they get a free pass forever. In fact, they came out, players and coaches, with the goal of going to a bowl game this year. That is going to be a bit tough with how young we are, but if we pull it off in Embree's second year than we will all feel we are on the right track.

I agree, I personally feel it is quite insulting to Embree to compare him to Hawk. Hawk sucked almost from the beginning. Had no BCS experience and no NFL experience. Had no passion for the Buffs or respect for our tradition. Could not recruit, terrible game-time coach (how do you ever lose a game like KU-a monkey could have won that game as coach) and did not surround himself with world-class assistants.

Let's show Embree some respect, and trust in him, EB and the rest. That doesn't mean they get a free pass forever. In fact, they came out, players and coaches, with the goal of going to a bowl game this year. That is going to be a bit tough with how young we are, but if we pull it off in Embree's second year than we will all feel we are on the right track.

Wasn't hawk's second recruiting ranking better than embree's is gunna be?

Back