What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Enhancements to the Keg

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/5/15/general-coors-events-center-to-get-center-hung-scoreboard.aspx
vb2.jpg

Almost 700 Square Feet of 6 Millimeter Digital HD LED Boards To Be Installed
Matt Biggers, Chief Marketing Office for the Buffaloes. "These new state of the art video boards will allow our fans to enjoy CU Athletics' events in a whole new way. We are excited to partner with Daktronics to bring the entertainment value to a whole new level for Buffs fans."

image_handler.aspx

The scoreboards, which will include a center court camera recessed in a CU logo, are the latest in a series of improvement to the Events Center over the past decade, including three significant improvements in the past year. Last summer, a new Bose sound system was installed and the 2016-17 athletic seasons saw a redesign of the court.

As long as the rendering is accurate and proportioned exactly how the real thing will be, I think this is absolutely perfect - can't wait to see it in action!

I thought it had been posted here multiple times that the roof of the CEC couldn't support a center mounted video system like this. Looks like the same technology advances that made my 65" tv weigh 75 pounds instead of 200+ pounds also helped with lower weight to allow mounting this where it belongs. I'm happy to see this happen without it being an 8 figure roof replacement.

I thought it had been posted here multiple times that the roof of the CEC couldn't support a center mounted video system like this. Looks like the same technology advances that made my 65" tv weigh 75 pounds instead of 200+ pounds also helped with lower weight to allow mounting this where it belongs. I'm happy to see this happen without it being an 8 figure roof replacement.
I think that's exactly what happened. Looking at the design, those are flat screens. It isn't the old boxes that weighed a ton.

I think that's exactly what happened. Looking at the design, those are flat screens. It isn't the old boxes that weighed a ton.
Ya, this system, if the renders are correct, appears to be mostly air. That is a relatively new development that they can be built that way.

What about the older video boards? I can imagine my eyes bouncing back and forth between those, the action on the court, and the new video boards.

What about the older video boards? I can imagine my eyes bouncing back and forth between those, the action on the court, and the new video boards.
From the article: The existing video boards, which will remain, were installed in the fall of 2009.

With all the video boards, be good if they would display much more game stats, than just points and PF of the players on the floor. For example, show stats of all who have minutes, including their rebounds, assists, steals, etc.

I struggle to see the existing corner video boards. The nearest one is over my shoulder. The one in my line of sight is too far.
Glad to see the new center boards going in.

View attachment 22432

I saw a post on Scout, so I did some digging on the internet.

1.01 SCOPE OF WORK
A. The nature of the Scope of Work described within in this contract is Design/Build. The contract is for a complete, turn-key, Center Hung Video, Scoring, and Matrix Display System as describe herein. This System shall be called the “Video Display System”.
B. The nature of this specification is performance-based. The system Vendor, or “Vendor” is responsible to provide the full coordination, design, engineering, documentation, management installation, testing of the Video Display System. All equipment must interface without any conflict.
C. Firms responding to this RFP must provide pricing for a turnkey installation of all items necessary to provide a complete, workable and operational system. All material or equipment required for the provision and installation of such a system, not expressly addressed in this RFP, is understood to be the responsibility of the Bidder. Note that Owner will not be responsible for any sales taxes nor permits associated with this project.
D. Existing Conditions: 1. The drawings and details included in with this specification are complimentary and are intended to convey design intent and locations. The Vendor is responsible for the verification of all existing facility conditions and measurements prior to submitting the project bid. No additional compensation will be allowed for changes occurring after bid submittals as a result of existing conditions.
E. Substantial Completion Date: July 14, 2017
View attachment 22436

This is in addition to the sound system upgrade last year as Coors became a Bose Professional Showcase Venue.

And the permanent beer gardens that were added the previous year. http://www.dailycamera.com/news/bou...er-allows-permanent-beer-gardens-at-cus-coors

As much as we sometimes criticize Rick George for being maybe too single-minded in his emphasis on football, I think the evidence is overwhelming that he has also been orchestrating some fantastic improvements to Coors.

It seems that the BDC has begun requirig a subscription to view online content.

Yeah, I get a pop up that says that I have achieved may maximum of monthly free views. **** em.
I get that from the Denver Business Journal sometimes. Inevitably, the article of interest is an AP wire article and I can just google the subject and find it elsewhere. Really silly of them.

I was able to view the article, but there was a pop up in the lower left hand corner that seemed to indicate they might be moving in that direction.
View attachment 22984

Yeah, I get a pop up that says that I have achieved may maximum of monthly free views. **** em.

Actually, they've been doing that for about 5 years now. You must not have hit your limit much (or they decreased it - it was (is?) 10 articles / month without a sub).

Back