What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

A boat load of Reid assistants who weren’t the designers of the offense get hired and nobody says anything about them being second fiddle. The NFL doesn’t hire coaches based upon skill or credibility. Most of the league is mismanaged. Look at the Broncos: they’ve been a debacle in ownership for several years and have persisted cashing in mega checks with a mediocre team. Examples abound of the league being awful, but apparently you have to be CEO-like, unless you’re a white dude who rants about kicking your opponent’s asses.

People can argue about if EB will or won't be a good HC in the league, based on history we won't know until he gets his shot.

I will ask the question though based on his experience, his success at the positions he has held, the recommendations of those he works for and those who have worked with him, if he were white instead of Black would he have had a shot at a HC job already?

My answer is without questions yes.

When you are a coordinator with a SB win, high statistical rankings, and recommendations you get job offers. Look how many Patriots assistant coaches have gotten HC jobs in recent years and generally they have been lousy head coaches but the next guy up (white) keeps getting hired. Some of them get multiple opportunities.

EB is gonna be the next HC of the Broncos.

EB is gonna be the next HC of the Broncos.
He absolutely will not be hired from KC to the Broncos. The only way EB is hired by the Broncos is if he becomes the OC for an NFC team next year. Thank the NFLs stupid, racist draft compensation rule for that.

Or he is just not competent enough to be a head coach. Which is actually the most likely case.
Incredibly stupid take.

Maybe he won't be a good head coach but compare his qualifications to a lot of the guys who have gotten jobs while he has been waiting.

And why then aren't they hiring other Black head coaches? Are they all not competent either?

I never realized that skin color had an impact on competence but going with your take it must be so because the numbers in the NFL (and in D1 college football) sure don't match the number of Black players and the numbers who have interest in continuing in the game.

Incredibly stupid take.

Maybe he won't be a good head coach but compare his qualifications to a lot of the guys who have gotten jobs while he has been waiting.

And why then aren't they hiring other Black head coaches? Are they all not competent either?

I never realized that skin color had an impact on competence but going with your take it must be so because the numbers in the NFL (and in D1 college football) sure don't match the number of Black players and the numbers who have interest in continuing in the game.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

With all the random bums getting NFL jobs nowadays, I'm not sure how anyone can make an argument against EB at this point.

Wake up, folks. Houston just hired a 65-year-old black man for his first head coaching job. The problem isn't racism. The problem is EB.

Last edited:
Wake up, folks. Houston just hired a 65-year-old black man for his first head coaching job. The problem isn't racism. The problem is EB.
You’re argument is that EB is incompetent and shouldn’t be a head coach because he doesn’t even call plays but there are a number of incompetent coaches who don’t call plays that get head coaching jobs who are usually white. Just stop.

I'm betting they hardly mention EB during the telecast. They haven't the last 2 KC playoff games. It's all AR.

Have not read this entire thread, so perhaps it was mentioned. Did you hear EB’s discussion with Midnight Mel a year ago? EB was incredibly impressive (Mel, in hindsight, was a ****ing fraud). I don’t believe that EB interviews poorly.

OK, I started this thread and since EB just lost the Super Bowl and will not be hired as an NFL Head Coach, I want to do the lame exercise of looking back and discussing hindsight about the Colorado Job.

First, hindsight is always 20/20, but as of today, EB should have taken the job! Then, he could have made Chev the Associate Head Coach, and essentially Head Coach in waiting/training. If EB can give his Alma Mater 2-4 years of solid Football, especially within bringing as much Chiefs offensive magic to the Buff's playbook and to help Chev call plays during those 2-4 years. EB can recruit with the best of them, and his high profile offensive name would have driven a lot of positive hype.

This is no knock on HCKD, but he was not in the conversation while we were talking to EB, and with Chev and Summers in tow, EB would have been able to put essentially the same staff together as what we have now, even guys like Wilson would have been likely.

I think that EB may still be a HC next year, but at this point, he would have been paid $3 million per year to get better as a Leader and Play Caller, and within the same amount of time as he is going to have to wait anyway, we would have had the Chiefs playbook in the hands of people like Lewis, Rice, Broussard and all the other talented kids on this team!!!

We can never have nice things.

OK, I started this thread and since EB just lost the Super Bowl and will not be hired as an NFL Head Coach, I want to do the lame exercise of looking back and discussing hindsight about the Colorado Job.

First, hindsight is always 20/20, but as of today, EB should have taken the job! Then, he could have made Chev the Associate Head Coach, and essentially Head Coach in waiting/training. If EB can give his Alma Mater 2-4 years of solid Football, especially within bringing as much Chiefs offensive magic to the Buff's playbook and to help Chev call plays during those 2-4 years. EB can recruit with the best of them, and his high profile offensive name would have driven a lot of positive hype.

This is no knock on HCKD, but he was not in the conversation while we were talking to EB, and with Chev and Summers in tow, EB would have been able to put essentially the same staff together as what we have now, even guys like Wilson would have been likely.

I think that EB may still be a HC next year, but at this point, he would have been paid $3 million per year to get better as a Leader and Play Caller, and within the same amount of time as he is going to have to wait anyway, we would have had the Chiefs playbook in the hands of people like Lewis, Rice, Broussard and all the other talented kids on this team!!!

Good post. Although I like the job Karl Dorrell has done, I think both EB and CU could have potentially benefited greatly from having EB as a head coach.

Good post. Although I like the job Karl Dorrell has done, I think both EB and CU could have potentially benefited greatly from having EB as a head coach.
That was my struggle with this exercise! Dorrell did a great job with what he was faced and was the COY for the PAC12. The actual schedule was an iffy calculation for actual success and ability, but who knows. I think we would be slightly ahead of where we are now with Recruiting and long term offensive prowess. I could have seen EB looking at the Portal as NFL Light and using it extensively. No diss to Dorrell at all though!!!

EB demanded that the AD be accountable for the promises he made. The AD could/would not do that.

Back