What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

I have seen enough from him in the NFL to make me believe he can be a top 5 QB and I didn't think that was possible going by what i saw from him at Oregon.
Interesting. So, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Jackson and Herbert? That’s pretty serious company.

Interesting. So, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Jackson and Herbert? That’s pretty serious company.

You forgot the guy who is gonna win MVP and I meant potentially, but his rookie season was some really serious ****.

Maybe. I think my problem with that job is Matt Ryan and the fact that I think he'll leave on his terms as Blank is loyal to him. I think you need to be aware of that if you go there.
Yeah, it all comes down to whether or not you like Matt Ryan I guess. He's been the most inconsistent, "good to great" QB in the league and clearly requires good offensive coaching.

I think a coach/GM coming in would view it as a situation where you can win now, but also draft Justin Fields or Zach Wilson and have him sit for a couple years and then hopefully have franchise QB ready to step in when Ryan is done.

Urban Meyer wants $12 million per year to coach the Jags!
EB would likely get about $5.5 - $6 Million per season for likely about 5-6 years.

$12 million doesn't seem that outrageous for someone like Meyer. The question is can he win in the NFL but Rhule got about $9 million from the Panthers and he had minimal experience in the NFL

You forgot the guy who is gonna win MVP and I meant potentially, but his rookie season was some really serious ****.
Assuming you’re referring to Rodgers, and I also was assuming you were projecting out 4-5 years at a time when he (and a bunch of other QBs) will be out of the league.

It's pretty amazing to me that two of the open jobs have young, legit franchise QB's in place (Watson/Herbert). Another job has Matt Ryan and another will draft one of the best-looking NFL QB prospects since Andrew Luck.

EB could not have asked for a better year to get his shot.

Yeah, it all comes down to whether or not you like Matt Ryan I guess. He's been the most inconsistent, "good to great" QB in the league and clearly requires good offensive coaching.

I think a coach/GM coming in would view it as a situation where you can win now, but also draft Justin Fields or Zach Wilson and have him sit for a couple years and then hopefully have franchise QB ready to step in when Ryan is done.

And then you do that, Ryan refuses to go and Blank will stand by the greatest player in franchise history and will let him leave on his terms.

J-E-T-S... If EB can turn that franchise around, he immediately becomes legendary.

No QB, no RB, no WR's, no CB's, no LB's

Ownership is supportive and has deep pockets, so there's that

Texans are notated above for their issues. Going to be extremely tough to build at team with no draft picks and not much cap room. Watson is about the only thing going for it at this time. I think they get worse before they get better

Lions have all sorts of issues, like always. A QB who is constantly mediocre, but maybe you can find a good running game to help?

Falcons have an aging QB but seem to have a good core and talent. I think Atlanta could possibly be in line with the Chargers.

Jets. Yikes.

Jaguars, if they open, might be up there with an upgrade at QB
Texans are a dumpster fire, for the reasons noted. Also, they don't have a GM yet.

It’s a big IF but if the Jags get Urban they’ll sell a lot of tickets to Gator fans. Of course, when the jags had this opportunity with the possibility of drafting Tebow they went with Blaine (sounds like an appliance) Gabbert.

Houston just doesn't have much else beyond Watson, though, and with no 1st or 2nd round picks this year, there won't be much of an influx of talent. Their cap situation isn't good either and JJ Watt has possibly played his last game for them. I think that job has a ton of red flags and would be best suited for a veteran head coach who is going to get a longer leash.
This. That organization is a tire fire.

$12 million doesn't seem that outrageous for someone like Meyer. The question is can he win in the NFL but Rhule got about $9 million from the Panthers and he had minimal experience in the NFL

Agree-but Jacksonville doesn't fit Urban. He HATES to lose-and that roster outside of Lawrence isn't very good. Somebody like Ryan Day would make a lot more sense for the Jags.

Chargers seems like easily the best job available right now. Best young QB, great WRs, decent players all over the roster, Bosa, Derwin James, cap room, still has their picks.

Jags are actually a pretty good job too assuming Lawrence is immediately a top third QB, picks and cap room for a blank canvas

Texans is a horrible job other than Watson

Jets is also an awful job, but at least they can get the 2nd best QB

Falcons should be a good job, some talent to win with there. They really fell apart after that SB

Lions seems like a pretty meh job. Stafford and some talent that might get them to around mid tier, but idk if they can ever do much with the core in place

i'm dumb

Last edited:
Chargers seems like easily the best job available right now. Best young QB, great WRs, decent players all over the roster, Bosa, Derwin James, cap room, still has their picks.

Jags are actually a pretty good job too assuming Lawrence is immediately a top third QB, picks and cap room for a blank canvas

Texans is a horrible job other than Watson

Jets is also an awful job, but at least they can get the 2nd best QB

Falcons should be a good job, some talent to win with there. They really fell apart after that SB

Lions seems like a pretty meh job. Stafford and some talent that might get them to around mid tier, but idk if they can ever do much with the core in place

Cowboys is a ****ed up job with Jerry lurking and them spending massive money on Zeke. They have talent, but I question their ceiling
Cowboys? Did they fire McCarthy after one season?

Dude, are you serious? “No, thanks, guys. I just got passed over in two hiring circles but I have no interest in your multi million dollar job because I’d have to coach against a guy I get along with well for a year or two before he retires.”
This. One of the closest mentor relationships I can remember was between Schottenheimer and Cowher. Nothing about that caused a second's hesitation from either when Cowher got offered the rival Steelers job.

Agree with the consensus that the Chargers job is the best job. Herbert looked excellent this year and should improve. He certainly looks like a franchise QB (I watched a lot of his games). Losing Ekeler for several games hurt as there was a substantial drop-off with his backups (they all sucked). Lynn lost them a couple of games. This team could easily be a playoff team next year. In fact, I expect they will make the playoffs.

Agree with the consensus that the Chargers job is the best job. Herbert looked excellent this year and should improve. He certainly looks like a franchise QB (I watched a lot of his games). Losing Ekeler for several games hurt as there was a substantial drop-off with his backups (they all sucked). Lynn lost them a couple of games. This team could easily be a playoff team next year. In fact, I expect they will make the playoffs.

My favorite NFL tradition is everyone hyping up the Chargers and then half of their roster goes on IR by week 8

Houston number one. Top 4 qb in the league at 25 years old
LA 2: solid team and young QB
Jacksonville: lots of cap space and an opportunity to make it work with Lawrence
Atlanta: solid 1-2 year window but aging offensive talent and
Jets: Terrible organization but darnold/number 2 pick could be an opportunity to hit
Lions: who the **** wants that job?
I've heard Jacksonville being a big possibility for EB. Just depends on what he wants.

Is EB ahead of these three college coaches if they are interested?

1. Urb
2. Harbaugh
3. Mullen

Back