What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bien(i)emy's next job speculation, shut out again

eb got done dirty on this one.

washington can **** all the way off.
It wasn't difficult to see this happening when he left the Chiefs. And no criticism of EB intended, the NFL job world is just volatile. Always has been.

Last edited:
eb got done dirty on this one.

washington can **** all the way off.
Hire a guy on Sunday for your job and then fire EB on Monday and announce it at a presser
I know it will get snarky comebacks, but EB should be welcomed back to Boulder to help Shedeur have a great season.
He could work with Shurmur, Teach Flea how to coach, and put some creativity into the offense.
We would not even have to pay him likely very much

Could it possibly be that people just don't like working with him 🤷?

Brian Flores is a known bag of dicks that people just can not stand working with. Could EB be the same?

I know this board Stan's for the guy because of his CU ties, but y'all need to consider that no one thinks he's actually cut out for a head coach role.

Could it possibly be that people just don't like working with him 🤷?

Brian Flores is a known bag of dicks that people just can not stand working with. Could EB be the same?

I know this board Stan's for the guy because of his CU ties, but y'all need to consider that no one thinks he's actually cut out for a head coach role.
Do not disagree with the results thus far on becoming an NFL Head Coach
Men get humbled or they get bitter, interesting to see what he does
If Prime is the new Saban, than EB should come back to Boulder and rehab.

Do not disagree with the results thus far on becoming an NFL Head Coach
Men get humbled or they get bitter, interesting to see what he does
If Prime is the new Saban, than EB should come back to Boulder and rehab.
If Prime is the new Saban, we’d already have a DC.

EB being on staff wouldn’t be the worst thing if the program is selling NFL not NIL. Even if it were for a year or two having a coach who worked under Andy Reid and helped Patrick Mahomes is a plus for certain types of recruits.

EB being on staff wouldn’t be the worst thing if the program is selling NFL not NIL. Even if it were for a year or two having a coach who worked under Andy Reid and helped Patrick Mahomes is a plus for certain types of recruits.
He will get a RB coaching job in a nano second before doing that or just wait another year. Not sure why he would ever come back to college except for a head coach position.

UCLA 247 saying Bieniemy has discussed UCLA HC position with UCLA.
I hope he doesn't. I want him to be a head coach and succeed and UCLA looks like a disaster ready to happen. Not as bad as CU was when JE and EB came but it doesn't have to be to kill his career.

Unless they offer him a retirement wealth type of package like CU was for KD and EB is fine with ending his coaching career here run from it.

I hope he doesn't. I want him to be a head coach and succeed and UCLA looks like a disaster ready to happen. Not as bad as CU was when JE and EB came but it doesn't have to be to kill his career.

Unless they offer him a retirement wealth type of package like CU was for KD and EB is fine with ending his coaching career here run from it.
It would be a great opportunity. B1G program with reasonable path to annually win 8+ games. He'd make a lot of money and have no trouble getting an OC job if it doesn't work out, but with potential of parlaying it into an NFL or blue blood HC job. I hope he gets it.

It would be a great opportunity. B1G program with reasonable path to annually win 8+ games. He'd make a lot of money and have no trouble getting an OC job if it doesn't work out, but with potential of parlaying it into an NFL or blue blood HC job. I hope he gets it.
It would be interesting to see if UCLA would start getting some NIL momentum if they had a coach who wanted to recruit.

Amen... I hope EB avoids UCLA like the plague. He has put in the time and deserves better. I pray for a reboot somewhere (maybe KC), and he gets his due in the NFL or a much better college situation. Maybe he does the college analyst route somewhere, and sees if he wants to be a college HC--so much has changed for a HC in the last 5 years. Take a year off. I know some posters don't like him around CU, but I would not mind his presence--not a coach, analyst, but just around the program some.

UCLA is a career killer: Toledo, KD (really he was placeholder at CU), Neuheisal, Mora Jr. and now Kelly (he flees for a demotion)--none of them recovered. Actually, I think the UCLA situation is much WORSE than when JE/EB came in after Hawkins. CU was off 3-9 seasons; Hawkins debacle (we hired the wrong guy). and the cupboards were pretty bare going into the PAC, which was a strong conference then. It did not work out, but JE/EB at least had substantial ties to CU, the community and a successful past/players. He has none of that at UCLA. Add in UCLA AD's financial woes; instability in the AD--Jarmond can't be on firm footing with the new chancellor given this debacle; the fan/Ad's expectation of 9 wins or more; and how much college fb recruiting/transfer portal has recently changed the role. It would be a mess. Some older HC's are bolting the college game since it is just so much work. UCLA has minimal recruiting infrastructure compared to their peers; it would be hard for them to pay a staff or EB to assemble one.

I find it ironic that EB is still so haunted by his brushes with the law, and Vance Joseph has overcome his. EB's were relatively minor, but every misstep is just so amplified, whether in college or coaching. IMO, the media and some fans really have it out for EB. All coaches brush some players/fans the wrong way and many wear out their welcome, many fail and make mistakes at first, but EB has so many past players (stars) that really support him. I feel the complete volume of his work and growth as a person/coach should give him a shot.

Sadly it doesn’t look like EB is going to get any other job. If he can get the UCLA job and make them a tough team to beat, that will lead to other opportunities. He doesn’t need to win the Big 10, just create some excitement and field a competent team. I’m hoping they hire him.

It would be interesting to see if UCLA would start getting some NIL momentum if they had a coach who wanted to recruit.

There is an argument that Chip Kelly did not like to recruit (he admitted his displeasure at the state of college football), however UCLA's recruiting infrastructure/NIL set-up was so dwarfed by SC, OR and UW, that I don't think that he ever had a full deck of cards to play with, much less having to beat off all of the other SEC/B1G raiding of SoCal/CA. I think CK's recruiting resources were maybe even dwarfed by UoA, ASU, Utah and Prime, such that they had to really focus in California. If a school has a small recruiting department/less NIL than it's competitors, I understand why they trended to the portal. If you only have so many resources to eval, recruit and retain, you have to pick your battles.

I like BuffNik's optimism of UCLA winning 8 games in the B1G, but UCLA's schedule this year is awful and they will get worse, before a slow build back. I'll be interested to see the trajectory of the old PAC-12 teams that intially find mediocrity in the B1G/ACC. The impact of travel for a 4 or 5 win season will make a long season, even longer. It might render recruiting harder to recruit and securing their roster from the portal.

I like Oregon's positioning into the B1G, but the others not so much. UW's roster is gutted. USC lost a ton in the portal, but added some players back w/ decent (not great) HS haul by their standards. UCLA will be a mess. All have new QBs--it could come down to how well they adjust. Those PAC bound B1G teams lose some early games, and momentum could be hard to come bye. I think Stanford will be fine. Cal, I don't know--but I'm not sure they care all that much.

At this point the chances appear slim that EB ever gets a HC job in the NFL
Sad but true, but if he goes to UCLA and gets them winning and runs a good program that is his path back to the NFL
If he just goes back and is an OC, he will forever be an OC

Sadly it doesn’t look like EB is going to get any other job. If he can get the UCLA job and make them a tough team to beat, that will lead to other opportunities. He doesn’t need to win the Big 10, just create some excitement and field a competent team. I’m hoping they hire him.

Beating the Nubs would be great too.

Back