What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Eric Bieniemy - OC Kansas City Chiefs (NFL)

There is buzz that EB is likely going to pass on the CU job and is likely going to wait for the NFL. Different sites making different assumptions.

I am 100% in on Chev getting this job and we all need to get behind it! I actually firmly believe that we can get to a bowl with Chev and whatever staff he puts together.

There is buzz that EB is likely going to pass on the CU job and is likely going to wait for the NFL. Different sites making different assumptions.

I am 100% in on Chev getting this job and we all need to get behind it! I actually firmly believe that we can get to a bowl with Chev and whatever staff he puts together.
Chev as HC would be on par with the Embree experiment.

An unqualified coach getting us to a bowl?

giphy.gif

Dabo Swinney 2.0, live with it, the other retread retards have had a chance to be great and they failed, so give a guy a chance by giving him full support!

I'm open to it. Here's my biggest concern, though-You remember last year when James Coley and Dan Lanning (Melvin made offers to both of them) suddenly became Jay Johnson and Tyson Summers? If Chev can prove to Rick and Lance he's got solid coordinator candidates who are willing to come here and work for him, I'm down with it. If not, Blake Anderson's looking better and better with EB out and Sark's supposed alcohol issues.

I'm open to it. Here's my biggest concern, though-You remember last year when James Coley and Dan Lanning (Melvin made offers to both of them) suddenly became Jay Johnson and Tyson Summers? If Chev can prove to Rick and Lance he's got solid coordinator candidates who are willing to come here and work for him, I'm down with it. If not, Blake Anderson's looking better and better with EB out and Sark's supposed alcohol issues.

So the big news is that EB is out? 🥺

Dabo Swinney 2.0, live with it, the other retreads have had a chance to be great and they failed, so give a guy a chance by giving him full support!
How about we hold off on the "GiVe HiM FuLl SuPpRt!!!!" until someone actually has a the job?

Amateur hour around here.

Who was Dabo Swinney when he got the Clemson Job? He was a WR Coach that was very outgoing and the players loved him. It was a D+ Coaching hire, and he had a losing season in his second year. What specifically pointed towards his success? Chev is my guy if EB is truly out!
He was the offensive coordinator actually

The biggest difference is that Dabo was successful when he was in charge of Clemson’s offense. Chev was not.

BTW, if you’re pinning your hopes on Colorado being able to replicate Clemson (low admissions standards, in a recruiting hot bed for players of all positions, lots of money), you’d be sorely mistaken. If Chev wants to be a HC, he will need to be a success as a P5 coordinator or a lower division HC. I don’t want him to practice on Colorado.

A huge difference between now and JE/EB experience is that EB has the maturity to know what to ask, what to demand, and the ability to say no if he doesn't get it.

That first time around he and JE were young guys coming up the lower to mid ranks of the coaching process suddenly offered what both admitted was their dream job.

EB has never lacked for intelligence but he did lack experience and control over his emotions. Maturity seems to have brought him both of those.

I would hope that if he is the choice of RG that RG and LC are willing and able to listen to him and provide him with what he needs to be successful. Considering where he is coming from now the things he ask for are going to be the things that any coach is going to need to be successful here.

I think that if it is a good two way street of support, understanding, and cooperation things will be headed for success. Even with EB having the seasoning and maturity to run the team and assemble a staff, he will need a ton of back-end help in terms of the academic support team, admissions, and coordinating recruiting. It seems like this is in a much better place and more functional than it was during his earlier tenure. It is not just about good assistants, but the entire package, much of which is the overall athletic department. I am glad RG is there and the financial constraints are less than in prior years.

At the end of the day, I don't see CU saying no if EB wants the job.

But he's got the best OC job in the world with Mahomes as his QB, Andy Reid as his mentor, rock solid job security, and being on the short list for every NFL HC opening in the foreseeable near-term. So I think it would be really hard for him to pull the trigger and come home again.

The biggest difference is that Dabo was successful when he was in charge of Clemson’s offense. Chev was not.

BTW, if you’re pinning your hopes on Colorado being able to replicate Clemson (low admissions standards, in a recruiting hot bed for players of all positions, lots of money), you’d be sorely mistaken. If Chev wants to be a HC, he will need to be a success as a P5 coordinator or a lower division HC. I don’t want him to practice on Colorado.

Dabo was never successful as a Coordinator! He is just a Unicorn of a Head Coach based on an infectious ability to love his players.
I get the other ways in which Clemson has advantages, but the 1990's Colorado was Clemson before Clemson because we had an infectious coach and incredibly loyal assistant coaches.

I am gathering data to back up my points, and it just reminds me of the question, "Why did we promote Rick Neuheisel to HC in 1995???"
This Chev discussion is not even close to that deal!

Attachments

• Colorado 2018 v Clemson 2008 - 2009.jpg
    Colorado 2018 v Clemson 2008 - 2009.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Dabo Swinney_Page_1.jpg
    Dabo Swinney_Page_1.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Dabo Swinney_Page_2.jpg
    Dabo Swinney_Page_2.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Dabo Swinney_Page_3.jpg
    Dabo Swinney_Page_3.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Dabo Swinney_Page_4.jpg
    Dabo Swinney_Page_4.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Dabo Swinney_Page_5.jpg
    Dabo Swinney_Page_5.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 4
Dabo was never successful as a Coordinator! He is just a Unicorn of a Head Coach based on an infectious ability to love his players.
I get the other ways in which Clemson has advantages, but the 1990's Colorado was Clemson before Clemson because we had an infectious coach and incredibly loyal assistant coaches.

I am gathering data to back up my points, and it just reminds me of the question, "Why did we promote Rick Neuheisel to HC in 1995???"
This Chev discussion is not even close to that deal!
He reduced the team’s turnovers, got them to a bowl, and managed the entire team while calling plays for the first time. Colorado regressed under Chev offensively. He wasn’t a serious candidate to be OC when MT was hired.

But continue to compare Colorado to a school that has a better recruiting footprint, a lot more money, and much more lax admissions standards.

Dabo and Chev aren’t the same person. The circumstances aren’t the same. Your insistence that Chev will be lightning like Dabo is backed only by your dreams.

We do need to have Chev practice on Colorado. We need someone who knows what they’re doing.

Back