What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

ESPN's Tim Griffen

Re: ESPN's Tim Griffin

I look over Griffin's stuff from time to time. From a Buff perspective I don't really get anything out of it but that doesn't surprise me. The guy knows who's paying his bills and he's doing a job. For every response/letter/post from a Buff fan, he's probably got hundreds (thousands?) from fans of Texas & Oklahoma schools.

He's pandering to the fan base that's out there and making a living. Hard to fault him for that.

I look over Griffin's stuff from time to time. From a Buff perspective I don't really get anything out of it but that doesn't surprise me. The guy knows who's paying his bills and he's doing a job. For every response/letter/post from a Buff fan, he's probably got hundreds (thousands?) from fans of Texas & Oklahoma schools.

He's pandering to the fan base that's out there and making a living. Hard to fault him for that.

Actually, it's pretty easy to fault him - it just won't do any good.

From the same article/blog linked above:
Why does anyone care? Who cares if you make Tim Griffen's 2010 list? He'll just take out a Roster, fill it out weighted toward OU and TU and then head back for the swing shift at PigglyWiggly. I picture him as a sullen and arrogant sacker at the Piggly Wiggly. As in . . . . . ."Tim, could you please put the bread on top?"

Serious grammar issues aside, can we name a single example of Watson doing this????

I'm not the first, nor the last, to declare Griffin an idot.

I don't want him, period. Dude's gonna mess up team chemistry and there's no way he's coming in not having played since HS and picking up the offense in 3 months enough to be 2nd string. Be smart and go fade into nothingness at Syracuse. Be the hometown hero.

Yeah, when I read this, I was kind of hoping he'd go to NU for these reasons. Nothing quite like having a QB who's dabbling in football.

I'm not the first, nor the last, to declare Griffin an idot.

Yeah, when I read this, I was kind of hoping he'd go to NU for these reasons. Nothing quite like having a QB who's dabbling in football.

signed, Josh McDaniels :smile2:

I'm sure I won't be the last to think Griffen an idot either, but I'm still trying to figure this one out. Has Watson actually mentored an NFL quarterback? I'm quite sure none of his CU quarterbacks played in the NFL, and Keller doesn't seem to have a sizzling pro career going either. Just where does this idea that Watson would tutor Paulus into an NFL QB come from??? :confused:

Watson as a mentor for pro qbs? :lol:

I guess Ochs and Pesavento are secretly playing in the NFL under assumed names.

From his "Best of the Big 12's spring practices":

Best collective performance, offense: After finally getting healthy, Colorado's offensive line dominated throughout the spring. The Buffaloes culminated their development by producing 274 rushing yards and netting nearly 5.5 yards per carry, even when five sacks were factored into the statistics.

From his "Best of the Big 12's spring practices":

Best collective performance, offense: After finally getting healthy, Colorado's offensive line dominated throughout the spring. The Buffaloes culminated their development by producing 274 rushing yards and netting nearly 5.5 yards per carry, even when five sacks were factored into the statistics.

What, now he's a genius just because he tossed the Buffs some love? My disregard for Griffen has little to do with whether or not he says good things about the team I follow. The guy is a lazy, ill-informed and heavily biased journalist.

What, now he's a genius just because he tossed the Buffs some love? My disregard for Griffen has little to do with whether or not he says good things about the team I follow. The guy is a lazy, ill-informed and heavily biased journalist.

I could be mistaken, but I think he was pointing out the inconsistency of calling an offensive line "dominant" even after it gave up five sacks.

Christ Al****ingmighty. If this ****er's such a ****ing hack, why is everyone still reading his ****ing blog and then posting their outrage in this thread? Quit reading him, ****ers!

Now if any of you really interested in reading more of his "HacK" journelisim, then you won't get much out of this article either. Not to mention, how can you come up with a power ranking based upon a spring scrimmage? I swear to god, this guy lays awake nights trying to figure out how to take what little talant he has to new depths.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/big12/0-...power-rankings-still-have-Texas-at-No--1.html
i really dont see anything wrong with that. we are the third best big 12 team going into the year and hey we get the chicken hawks and nibblets here so that gives us two games to jump up 2 spots lets get it done!!

Christ Al****ingmighty. If this ****er's such a ****ing hack, why is everyone still reading his ****ing blog and then posting their outrage in this thread? Quit reading him, ****ers!

:yeahthat: ...and while you're at it, stop ****ing quoting those stupid ****ing ****head fusker trolls!!!

Back