What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Every Summer, we get GLOWING reports out of Boulder

Barnett was fired because we weren't satisfied with 7-5 type seasons or getting thumped by the professional teams from B12 south. I really miss those days. Now we're scraping the barrel in the conference. Karma, I s'pose!

Well Jer, to be fair, we were going nowhere. We lost to UT with 67 points to spare. Show me a worse loss ever, if you dare. Then add to that the previous pair. Bad news in the papers were everywhere. Bohn had no choice but to fire Ger.

Well Jer, to be fair, we were going nowhere. We lost to UT with 67 points to spare. Show me a worse loss ever, if you dare. Then add to that the previous pair. Bad news in the papers were everywhere. Bohn had no choice but to fire Ger.

I fully supported Barnett's firing because of the lopsided scores against TU and OU. Hindsight being what it is, I really miss Barnett coaching for the team. Winning against MU/KSU/KU/ISU wasn't such a big deal those days.

We aren't going to have to wait long to find out.

There is no question that the Buffs have significantly better talent than CSU, that however has been the situation the past couple of years as well. The Buffs should be able to dominate the Rams and will if they have the leadership from the coaching staff, if they don't the Rams who make this their game of the year will match up with the Buffs and the game will be relatively even or even favor the Rams within a few minutes of kickoff.

I would expect that we will know within the first 5-8 minutes of the first quarter. Will we finally be on our way towards a respectful season or will it be more of the same disappointment and unexplainable losses.

I love it. We are going to SHOCK THE WORLD!

sin-city-death-row-marv-electric-chair-figure.jpg

After the 2007 season, this team and program had momentum,especially after the class hawk signed. Then, a 5-7 season and my doubts grew, then last years horrendous season did it for me. The csu game will tell where this team,season is going. It's good that the players have confidence and the good reports keep coming but I think most know it means nothing until it shows itself on the field.

We'll see on 9/4, my concern is on the strength and conditioning side, I've heard from an inside source that our program resembles a high school team's. Until the Buffs come our and manhandle an opponent they are supposed to beat, I'm not convinced.

Your source is wrong.

After the 2007 season, this team and program had momentum,especially after the class hawk signed. Then, a 5-7 season and my doubts grew, then last years horrendous season did it for me. The csu game will tell where this team,season is going. It's good that the players have confidence and the good reports keep coming but I think most know it means nothing until it shows itself on the field.

Yup, after beating OU, getting to a bowl game and signing that good class, the future under Hawk looked bright. Then we started out 3-0 in 2008, but it's been all downhill from that point on. :sad1:

Back