What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Excellent news (for most of us anyway)

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Kiesau said that if there was a game today, Cody would be the starter, but that he fully expected Hansen and Cody to battle for the starting job in the Spring and Fall. He basically said that the job is wide open. Also remember that Hansen has the stronger arm, and that in a power running game, a lot of play action is used, which would benefit the stronger QB.

Another thing - Simas is getting straight B's and he will be participating in Spring drills. No worries about him playing next year.

Sick. :woot:

I think it will be a nice change from the spread that is run in Big 12. The teams aren't built to stop a power running team (smaller, faster). Let's start getting some of our monster linemen to the second level, steamroll some safeties and linebackers

:yeahthat:. In the mNCG, OU had the best success when they just lined up and ran at UF. They were still in the hurry up, but they just didn't run the spread.

Add in our athletic pass catching TE's, and I see some excellent potential for catching teams flat footed next year.

I really do hope the hurry up stays as a default part of the playbook (well, becomes the default, like it was supposed to last year). Three runs in a row, bam bam bam, then all of a sudden line up four wide with our Two TE's, and catch them in the wrong playcall and have our TE's runnign wild in the seams, being chased by battered, bruised, and TIRED LB's who are used to spread O's...

YES!

ballenger should start. nuff said.

What are you a coach? How about the best man starts. nuff said? We still have spring and fall camps.

There's a reason he didn't see more time last year. I love when random people think they know the answers to everything when they probably haven't even played or coached a down of football in their life.

Coach Kiseau spoke at a luncheon today. He indicated that we're going to be employing a lot more I-formation, double tight end sets. The spread isn't dead, but it will NOT be the primary offensive formation this year.

:woot:
I've been waiting for a downhill, smashmouth, pancake, uck'em up! uck'em up! GO CU! style offense to materialize again since the Mallory & Mac era's. I would rather see that than the "pretty boy" spread offense. Don't want to see our defense get tired as often as it did last year.

this ballenger talk cracks me up. Cody would do fine in this offense. IF they want to run a hurry up version of it, he will probably be the best choice for it...

However, I am more than happy to see someone step up... but this is the kind of offense in which CH can really do well. Playactions to open up passing lanes, rollouts that make SENSE, etc.

I wonder how much this has to do with the hiring of Denver Johnson. Anyone have info on what types of offenses his previous teams ran?

It does suck to see our offensive system keep changing every year, but it's hard to imagine next year's Power-I/mixed scheme being worse than last year's spread. Then again we'll never know how much our offense would have improved (or even regressed, God forbid) if we had stuck with the spread for 2009.

One thing that worries me a little is what this means for our past recruiting classes. How well will the players fit with a different offense than what the coaches originally thought they would be in? It looks like we only have two fullbacks on the roster, Jake Behrens (Sr) and Matt Burgner (Jr). If we stick with the Power-I for the next few years, and I hope we do, that means a fullback who is part of the 2010 class will only be a sophomore at best when Burgner graduates... maybe someone will be switching positions the next year or two?

ballenger should start. nuff said.

matt ballenger!

:rolleyes:

this ballenger talk cracks me up. Cody would do fine in this offense. IF they want to run a hurry up version of it, he will probably be the best choice for it...

However, I am more than happy to see someone step up... but this is the kind of offense in which CH can really do well. Playactions to open up passing lanes, rollouts that make SENSE, etc.

I know you didn't mean it to come across this way, but which is it? Cody will be "fine" or Cody "can really do well"?

I wonder how much this has to do with the hiring of Denver Johnson. Anyone have info on what types of offenses his previous teams ran?

It does suck to see our offensive system keep changing every year, but it's hard to imagine next year's Power-I/mixed scheme being worse than last year's spread. Then again we'll never know how much our offense would have improved (or even regressed, God forbid) if we had stuck with the spread for 2009.

One thing that worries me a little is what this means for our past recruiting classes. How well will the players fit with a different offense than what the coaches originally thought they would be in? It looks like we only have two fullbacks on the roster, Jake Behrens (Sr) and Matt Burgner (Jr). If we stick with the Power-I for the next few years, and I hope we do, that means a fullback who is part of the 2010 class will only be a sophomore at best when Burgner graduates... maybe someone will be switching positions the next year or two?

Ive said it before, and I'll say it again. Sumler at FB would be a great fit. That way he is actually a viable threat to run with the ball as well as block for the RB. It just adds one more little dynamic to our offense, gives us 1 more weapon on our side

Cody has to quick throwing picks and giving td's to the other team. He makes some good plays and then wham,one that kills us. Hansen needs to work on his passing,he's got the arm and I hope he has been working his butt off throwing and getting timing down. We know he can run.

Ballenger has skills but he will have to prove he can be better than cody or hansen to get a sniff. Right now,cody with a healthy OL isn't too bad at all but if hansen can get the offense and his passing squared away,he may be the better fit .

Cody is a warrior like klatt and moschetti and I have a ton of respect for those guys.

Hansen has better wheels but his passing at least from what I saw other than his 1 td pass was erratic. Cody rolling out doesn't thrill me but unless hansen sharpens his passing,cody will be starting vs csu IMHO.

Cody has to quick throwing picks and giving td's to the other team. He makes some good plays and then wham,one that kills us. Hansen needs to work on his passing,he's got the arm and I hope he has been working his butt off throwing and getting timing down. We know he can run.

Ballenger has skills but he will have to prove he can be better than cody or hansen to get a sniff. Right now,cody with a healthy OL isn't too bad at all but if hansen can get the offense and his passing squared away,he may be the better fit .

Cody is a warrior like klatt and moschetti and I have a ton of respect for those guys.

Seriously, I like all three. I have a feeling it's who is willing to work the hardest who is going to show the best this spring and through camp. They all have some good things going for them. If Bally or Hansen can beat out Cody, then cool. If Cody is still our guy, then I'm fine with that too. He def. knows how to lead a team, can't take that away.

I'm just hoping for some SERIOUS competition at QB this year. Matt and Tyler have a lot riding on this, no time to slack. Cody will have his best shot this year at success with a healthy team around him.

I want it to be September already. But we are two months away from Spring game as of tomorrow. I'll have to live with that.

I know you didn't mean it to come across this way, but which is it? Cody will be "fine" or Cody "can really do well"?
at best, really well. At worst, he will be fine
Ive said it before, and I'll say it again. Sumler at FB would be a great fit. That way he is actually a viable threat to run with the ball as well as block for the RB. It just adds one more little dynamic to our offense, gives us 1 more weapon on our side

:nod: sumler could be a damn sweet fb he through some sweet blocks for the qbs last year

Coach Kiseau spoke at a luncheon today. He indicated that we're going to be employing a lot more I-formation, double tight end sets. The spread isn't dead, but it will NOT be the primary offensive formation this year.

:woot:
AWESOME!!! cody start's!!

I agree, I think we will start to see the D. Scott from the HS vids. I bet there are lots of long TD runs soon from him. And then of course Speedy mixng it up!:thumbsup:
The HS videos:lol: I would count on that stewart guy, ds played in the valley his stats were skewed - There are 10 divisions in SOCAL ds played in #5 All the valley teams including the school jimmy claussen went to DODGE all the good schools and in CA every division can play each other if they want. Poly, Mater Dei, Mission Veio, Corona, Hell their JV team would beat 75% of the teams from the valley.

This is the best news in a long time. We are going to get a power game back again. No more of this panzy gimmick offense.

Our strength should be our Oline and running game, we need to use it! No more of that handing off the ball to a guy standing still 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Give it to the RB with a full head of steam!

Once the running game gets going, all we will need is a good game managing QB instead of relying on the QB to win the game.

This is great news! I just hope they stick to it!

The HS videos:lol: I would count on that stewart guy, ds played in the valley his stats were skewed - There are 10 divisions in SOCAL ds played in #5 All the valley teams including the school jimmy claussen went to DODGE all the good schools and in CA every division can play each other if they want. Poly, Mater Dei, Mission Veio, Corona, Hell their JV team would beat 75% of the teams from the valley.

Which of those High Schools are you going to in 6 years?

Thanks for the update Sacky...had to take a last minute trip to the UK and have been hoping for something on any board to be posted that is great news on the Buffs to occupy some of my down time.

This definitely qualifies!

Back