What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Extend Mac now

Yes, I definitely think/ hope that will keep MM away. But again, if he's offered double his current salary with more for assistant salaries as well, we'll need up contracts considerably. Which assuming we get it done, is good - because these guys sure deserve it.
No way in hell. Not only is Baylor a cesspool, it is a step down. They were good under Briles, but are a historical bottom dweller. **** Bailer fans are about to find out where they are in the pecking order of college football.

No way in hell. Not only is Baylor a cesspool, it is a step down. They were good under Briles, but are a historical bottom dweller. **** Bailer fans are about to find out where they are in the pecking order of college football.
You're crazy if you don't think pay $5+ million a year wouldn't get someone's attention. Baylor has been a $100m revenue AD lately. They have cash to burn. We just need to step up enough. We don't have to even match the, obviously, for the reasons you say. But to ward off BU and everyone else who will be looking MM's way, we need to pay more. God forbid someone like UT looks our way. Jeebus. Thankfully I think they're focused on Herman.

We need to pony up and not go cheap and think MM will take a hometown discount.

We also need to be thinking about the assistants. If JMFL leaves, and who would blame him for going to a HC job, we need to keep him from poaching assistants, lol.

Hopefully
I'm pleased with the BL and DC collaboration. Those are two highly paid assistants, though, and if Lindgren moved onto an HC gig somewhere, it would theoretically allow CU to increase Chev's salary to ensure he stays. At that point, however, they'd have to hire a legit QB coach.

Let's hope the Athletic Department proves that they want to be at the top of the conference as far as coaches salaries are concerned. If they try to do it on the cheap I will be very disappointed.

Edit: too slow.

You're crazy if you don't think pay $5+ million a year wouldn't get someone's attention. Baylor has been a $100m revenue AD lately. They have cash to burn. We just need to step up enough. We don't have to even match the, obviously, for the reasons you say. But to ward off BU and everyone else who will be looking MM's way, we need to pay more. God forbid someone like UT looks our way. Jeebus. Thankfully I think they're focused on Herman.
Finebaum was talking about UT inevitably reaching out to Saban. That's the kind of candidate UT is looking for, which Herman is included in. CU is not in danger of losing MM to Texas and LSU is rumored to be targeting Jimbo Fisher. The elite programs will not drop that kind of coin on HCMM right now.

Finebaum was talking about UT inevitably reaching out to Saban. That's the kind of candidate UT is looking for, which Herman is included in. CU is not in danger of losing MM to Texas and LSU is rumored to be targeting Jimbo Fisher. The elite programs will not drop that kind of coin on HCMM right now.
Let's hope so. If he has another couple great years, it'll happen eventually though. Hopefully the we rise to the occasion and pay him what is needed.

Another thing to consider - JMFL probably isn't leaving Boulder for another DC gig, and Chiv probably isn't leaving for the same position either. If you're a blue blood program, are you excited about hiring Mac if Leavitt and Chiv aren't coming with him?

Let's hope so. If he has another couple great years, it'll happen eventually though. Hopefully the we rise to the occasion and pay him what is needed.
Of course. In a couple years, if he proves he can sustain this success, he will absolutely be offered by big time programs. The question is, where will CU be on the national landscape at that point? Will they be the favorites to win the South year in, year out? Will they be a CFP contender every year? If so, why would he choose to leave, assuming the $$ is roughly equal.

Another thing to consider - JMFL probably isn't leaving Boulder for another DC gig, and Chiv probably isn't leaving for the same position either. If you're a blue blood program, are you excited about hiring Mac if Leavitt and Chiv aren't coming with him?
Correct. I'd imagine if MM does get poached, JL is candidate #1 to take over and Chev would probably be his OC, thinking Lindgren might go w MM or elsewhere.

Any coach considering a Baylor offer should hold out until the Pepper Hamilton report is made public, or at least made available for review by his agent and legal staff.

BU's AD faces real risks of more multi million dollar settlements, lingering lawsuits, damages, and sanctions in the aftermath of BU's systematic and cultural failure to comply with T9 and Cleary laws.

Any coach getting moneywhipped by BU in the face of that scandalous morass is truely engaged in a devil's bargain.

FB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any coach considering a Baylor offer should hold out until the Pepper Hamilton report is made public, or at least made available for review by his agent and legal staff.

BU's AD faces real risks of more multi million dollar settlements, lingering lawsuits, damages, and sanctions in the aftermath if BU's systematic and cultural failure to comply with T9 and Cleary laws.

Any coach getting moneywhipped by BU in the face of that scandalous morass is truely engaged in a devil's bargain.

FB.
Does MM strike anyone as the type to go to a place where the highest level of the institution has zero moral compass?

Thankfully his daughter wasn't affected by the disgusting events that took place in Waco, but I can't imagine MM just glossing over everything that happened and being OK with the people still in place, simply because they might throw a couple million extra at him.

I hope they're able to increase the coaching pool enough to keep the band together for at least another season. We're fortunate that Rick George is a big-time A.D.

Your crazy to even consider the **** bailer job. It ain't happening. Guaranteed.

I hope they're able to increase the coaching pool enough to keep the band together for at least another season. We're fortunate that Rick George is a big-time A.D.

thats a big part of this....rick george didnt just fallout of a wagon....smart man who knows whats going on

I would think that with this season that the market would dictate MacIntyre getting a 5-year deal with annual pay in the upper half of the Pac-12. He's accomplished the goals for the contract he was on. Under-performed the 2015 expectations but then more than made up for it by dramatically over-performing the 2016 expectations. Time to give the guy some more job security. I think we're all more confident in his ability to perform in his job now than we were at the time he was hired. And the list of coaches we'd prefer to MacIntyre in the CU job is pretty damn short.

Baylor is a big step down even with the recent success. Besides the major step down, how could you justify going there knowing what horrible people there are (same with Pedo State)? Your selling your soul if you go to those places.

**** Bailer! is a big step down even with the recent success. Besides the major step down, how could you justify going there knowing what horrible people there are (same with Pedo State)? Your selling your soul if you go to those places.
There, that's better.

Does MM strike anyone as the type to go to a place where the highest level of the institution has zero moral compass?

Thankfully his daughter wasn't affected by the disgusting events that took place in Waco, but I can't imagine MM just glossing over everything that happened and being OK with the people still in place, simply because they might throw a couple million extra at him.

You know it. I know it. But I'm not sure Drayton McLane and the **** Baylor big cigars know it. Certainly a portion of **** Baylor nation remain clueless.

LSU or UT fans would riot if they hired MacIntyre, not going to happen. Other schools might hire him, like Vanderbilt or Baylor.

BJ, Colorado is a top 3 Pac-12 football team. You and I both know, Boulder is the best city in the US, and arguably the world. Women, and most specifically hot wives LOVE Boulder. **** Waco, the place is a ****hole and a cesspool for everything Macintyre morally opposes. He will never go to Vandy or ****Bailer. I could maybe see him leaving for Georgia Tech. Atlanta is a nice change of pace for him and his wife, and the ACC is a completely different conference than the Pac-12. Say 5 years from now, he has 2 Conference titles under his belt, hopefully a National championship. He could move closer to home and at the time I don't see Paul Johnson still being the head coach for the Jackets, Kirby will have Uga hummin', and Tech boosters will definitely pay high-end ACC to compete. Chiv better be ready.

That could set in motion a chain of events though, of course, as coaches get poached. Having said that, this is really a mental exercise. If we lose on Saturday, no big schools are going to come knocking.

When I reviewed the numbers earlier this fall, I seem to recall we were 8th or 9th in assistant coach salary pool as well. Not only do we need to pony up for Mac, but a few assistants are in line for some healthy bumps as well.
what is your sig pic from?

SIAP but on the subject of Mac, he's getting some more love from Bristol:

Week 12 hypothesis: Colorado's Mike MacIntyre should win every national coaching honor
Verdict: Real
Wisconsin's Paul Chryst, USC's Clay Helton, Penn State's James Franklin, Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy and other coaches have done incredible work this season. But there's something wrong if Colorado's Mike MacIntyre doesn't earn every national coaching award. MacIntyre has engineered one of the more improbable turnarounds since Northwestern in 1995. Colorado was arguably the worst Power 5 program for the past decade, and the Buffaloes are now a win away from clinching the Pac-12 South Division. MacIntyre has made smart coaching hires and overseen dramatic improvement on both sides of the ball. As Ivan Maisel writes, this team isn't just some feel-good story. Colorado's seven Pac-12 victories are two more than it recorded in its first five seasons in the league.

MM is a longshot for the LSU job but his name was mentioned:

LSU has competition on the coaching search trail. Texas decided Sunday to fire coach Charlie Strong, The Austin American-Statesman reported. Jobs at Notre Dame and Orgeron could also come open.

The university has vetted several other candidates outside of Fisher, as leaders are seeking an up-and-coming offensive-minded sitting head coach. One of the leaders of that group appears to be Houston’s Tom Herman, who many expect to be Texas’ top choice. Others who fit that category are North Carolina’s Larry Fedora, Virginia Tech’s Justin Fuente, more veteran coaches in Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy and West Virginia’s Dana Holgorsen, and even a defensive-sided coach in Colorado’s Mike MacIntyre.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_8e16d558-af81-11e6-8cc9-97c16bbd7e6b.html

I think he will want to stay, with a bit of a salary bump. He has started to build something good, has wonderful new facilities to work/recruit with, and has extended local family roots starting to bloom. Like, OK, he gets a middle-program SEC offer. Why would he leave Boulder for that?

~5000 more seats filled per game. Assuming they make ~50 dollars for each seat, that's 1.5m per year more profit. Not sure how much more we make in national tv appearances/bowl games/gear sales, but I would assume it'll cover double the salary of several key coaches including Mac/Leavitt/Chiaverini.

AD, make it happen!!

Back