What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Falo and Gordon SUSPENDED sentences (reinstated for fall camp)

As a former CU student who was the victim of a similar crime, I can tell you that had the criminals been caught, and showed genuine remorse, I would not have wanted to ruin their lives over a childish mistake. I'd want justice, but not revenge.
I agree with that, but what is justice. And what are appropriate consequences? And being kicked out of school does not have to ruin their lives.

The "teen courts" that some jurisdictions user for juvenile crime are the closest analogy. I know that they tend to be very effective in terms of reducing recidivism among the "criminals" that go through the process, and lots of studies have shown that they are generally a very good way to deal with juvenile crime.

One aspect that I think is universal in them is that they are closely overseen by a real judge. The admittedly few interviews I have seen with those judges show that they are universally very impressed with the abilities of teenagers to appropriately administer justice.

But, from what I've seen, they've all said that every now and then they have to "put a thumb on the scale" in favor of leniency - just like adults if the "self righteous" factor starts going strong in a group.

Professional judges, IMO, more than any other group of people have the experience, wisdom and gravitas to make sure things generally go well, much more so than any school administrator.

Personally, I would be much happier with the University process if they had even one true professional involved with the process.

Last edited:
I agree with that, but what is justice. And what are appropriate consequences? And being kicked out of school does not have to ruin their lives.
Here's "Justice":

Don Corleone: You come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married and you ask me to do murder - for money.

Bonasera: I ask you for justice.

Don Corleone: That is not justice. Your daughter is alive.

Bonasera: Let them suffer then as she suffers

Don Corleone: Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this justice a gift on my daughter's wedding day.

Here's "Justice":

Don Corleone: You come into my house on the day my daughter is to be married and you ask me to do murder - for money.

Bonasera: I ask you for justice.

Don Corleone: That is not justice. Your daughter is alive.

Bonasera: Let them suffer then as she suffers

Don Corleone: Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this justice a gift on my daughter's wedding day.
OK, so the wake up with a horses head in their beds. Debt paid.

The kangaroo court may vote to suspend them. But, the skids have probably been greased. The "victims" will have input and they are going to be on the the players side.

Hopefully it is all workable.

The kangaroo court may vote to suspend them. But, the skids have probably been greased. The "victims" will have input and they are going to be on the the players side.

Hopefully it is all workable.

Doubt it.

Tupou got suspended for a year and the charges were dropped.

Gordon and Falo have plead guilty. I would be shocked if those two are able to enroll this fall.

Doubt it.

Tupou got suspended for a year and the charges were dropped.

Gordon and Falo have plead guilty. I would be shocked if those two are able to enroll this fall.
I just find it really odd that MM would say that he is expecting to have them at Fall Camp, as long as they complete their team mandated punishments. He should know the process by now, and if there was a high likelihood that they weren't even going to be able to enroll in the Fall, I doubt he would even mention their availability.

I just find it really odd that MM would say that he is expecting to have them at Fall Camp, as long as they complete their team mandated punishments. He should know the process by now, and if there was a high likelihood that they weren't even going to be able to enroll in the Fall, I doubt he would even mention their availability.

The Kangaroo Court snuck up on him with Tupou or Samson as well. They play by their own rules. Until they are actually suited up on September 2nd, I am going to hold off on getting my hopes up.

Fall camp is over before the fall semester starts. They could be full participants in camp but not back until January or June.

I actually think Mac2 is playing this about as good as he can considering the circumstances. By remaining quiet and having others imply that he expects both players back they have hope, which prevents them from immediately up and transferring. I guarantee plenty of schools would recruit Falo both for his talents and as an inroad to his brother's talents. The players will show up to fall camp and practice, then right before school they will face the honor council who will very likely suspend them for the year. However, at that point, if they chose to transfer they would be required to sit out a full year. Since the semester will have started by the time the ruling is announced, the full year would then run spring to spring. Thus a transfer costs them two football seasons and just sitting out the honor council ruling only costs them one. If Mac2 told everyone what he expects, it is more likely one or both decides to transfer. Best big boy football move Mac could make is to act like they could be back.

I wish someone would change the thread title! When I first saw it I thought they were gone. Took me a minute to realize it was the original thread, haha.

I wish someone would change the thread title! When I first saw it I thought they were gone. Took me a minute to realize it was the original thread, then yell, "GET OFF MY LAWN! haha.
Sheesh! These senior moments.....

I actually think Mac2 is playing this about as good as he can considering the circumstances. By remaining quiet and having others imply that he expects both players back they have hope, which prevents them from immediately up and transferring. I guarantee plenty of schools would recruit Falo both for his talents and as an inroad to his brother's talents. The players will show up to fall camp and practice, then right before school they will face the honor council who will very likely suspend them for the year. However, at that point, if they chose to transfer they would be required to sit out a full year. Since the semester will have started by the time the ruling is announced, the full year would then run spring to spring. Thus a transfer costs them two football seasons and just sitting out the honor council ruling only costs them one. If Mac2 told everyone what he expects, it is more likely one or both decides to transfer. Best big boy football move Mac could make is to act like they could be back.
Although I totally agree with you, Mac did not make a big boy football move. A big boy football move is what Saben just did, saying I'm the highest paid what I say goes!! We don't obviously dot get to play with those rules around here, do you know what would happen to the members of a kangaroo court who suspend football players in SEC country? Know one does they would never be heard from again.

Although I totally agree with you, Mac did not make a big boy football move. A big boy football move is what Saben just did, saying I'm the highest paid what I say goes!! We don't obviously dot get to play with those rules around here, do you know what would happen to the members of a kangaroo court who suspend football players in SEC country? Know one does they would never be heard from again.
One more time in English, please.

Back