What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite CU play of all time

#1 Darian Hagan's pitch to JJ Flanigan in Norman in 1989. Hagan was about to be tackled, pitched the ball up on over one (or two) OU defenders - right to Flanigan.

#2 Darian Hagan's pitch to Mike Pritchard against Tennessee in 1990. Hagan lateraled the ball from the tackle all the way outside the numbers - and Pritchard went untouched down the sideline for a TD.

#1 Darian Hagan's pitch to JJ Flanigan in Norman in 1989. Hagan was about to be tackled, pitched the ball up on over one (or two) OU defenders - right to Flanigan.

#2 Darian Hagan's pitch to Mike Pritchard against Tennessee in 1990. Hagan lateraled the ball from the tackle all the way outside the numbers - and Pritchard went untouched down the sideline for a TD.
Your second choice I forgot about,that was awesome.....

Are there any videos that anyone can find of those plays? Especially #2 above?

I'm pretty sure Hagan's pitch to Pritchard was lefty, too.

I think so. I remember when Hagan played his last regular season game at CU, one of the local stations compiled a highlight "thank you Darian" reel that went on, and on and on (in a good way--just so many highlights). Many of those highlights included a last second hand-switch and lefty release just before he hit the grass. The dude had some amazing timing and balls.

That Tennessee game was the first CU game I ever watched, BTW. I'd just transferred, as a redshirt sophomore, and we had a watching party at Kittredge. Then I saw them at Folsom against Stanford and I was hooked!

Go Buffs!

98 G
That is the name of the play CU ran over, and over and over again against Nebraska in 2001 en route to one of the greatest victories in the history of Folsom.

This is pretty much an impossible question but I am twitchy this morning waiting for ball to start and I was watching old highlights on the web and I wondered what was my favorite play of all time.

I don't have the depth of historical knowledge of some of you so give me your favorite plays and if you can either video or image from the play.

My number 2 is the Hagan to Flannigan (thanks DBT) pitch. That is a team with a ton of talent and confidence having a huge amount of fun.
YouTube - Hagan to Flannigan, 1989 CU vs. NU

This was my Senior year at CU and it is still to this day my favorite game and play of all time! I have been at some big games including the Miracle in MI, 62-36, etc, but this one still brings goosebumps everytime I see it (and great memories).

Back