What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite fight songs/cheers

Are... you... READY????

Hell yeah! Damn right!

Hotty toddy gosh almighty, who the hell are we? HEY!

Flim flam, bim bam, Ole Miss by damn, WOOOOO!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2cDkFxpYrc"]YouTube - Hotty Toddy[/ame]

For the record, this fight song acts as 94% of my rationale for wanting to go to Ole Miss for grad school some day. :thumbsup:

Wanna get completely trashed watching a OU game? Drink every time they play "Boomer Sooner". You'll be passed out by Halftime.

As an OU alum, I would attest to that! When I attended, they scored so much that was definitely be the case, but even when they didn't most of the student's section was gone by half anyway, enjoying the libations at McGuires.

Boomer Sooner is certainly not the best fight song in college football, but if you hear it you THINK college football. Sure its simple, but most of us are.

Some of my favorite cheers/chants are

-The KU wheat wave followed by a rousing rendition of Rock, Choke Jayhawk Congratulations, you are imitating a ****ing crop
-The FSU Warchant. Nothing like 70,00 crackers pretending to be native americans
-M-I-Z!! Z-O-U!!! We can ****ing spell!! Wooooooo!!!!!! Wooooooooo!!!!
-I'm proud to be a CSU Ram! Yeah, yeah, sure you are
-KAAAAAAYYYYY -SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-UUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Again, spelling is important in the heart land. Don't forget to wave your power towel.

As an OU alum, I would attest to that! When I attended, they scored so much that was definitely be the case, but even when they didn't most of the student's section was gone by half anyway, enjoying the libations at McGuires.

I wouldn't have such a problem with it if they kept it playing after scores, but..

We got a first down! Boomer sooner....

We didn't allow that play to go for a first down! Boomer Sooner.....

Coach Stoops is wearing a new visor!!! Boomer Sooner.....

After 2 weeks of waiting, Diane finally got her period! Boomer Sooner.....

And yeah, I think USC overplays theirs too.

I wouldn't have such a problem with it if they kept it playing after scores, but..

We got a first down! Boomer sooner....

We didn't allow that play to go for a first down! Boomer Sooner.....

Coach Stoops is wearing a new visor!!! Boomer Sooner.....

And yeah, I think USC overplays theirs too.

Psychological Warfare I guess. I do agree, but not as nearly annoying as USC and FSU.

... come on, if that isn't a good reason to break out in song, NO good reason exists.:lol:

-The KU wheat wave followed by a rousing rendition of Rock, Choke Jayhawk Congratulations, you are imitating a ****ing crop

So that is the reasoning behind that huh? I never quite understood what it was all about.

Absolutely horrible. I know quite a few of their fans don't even like that cheer.

Why is Charlie Weis filming the Alabama band?? :smile2:

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=ME80pTImmF4"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ME80pTImmF4[/ame]

We have both the best official fight song and the best unofficial fight song. You all know it, F'em-up F'em-up GO CU! Classic.:thumbsup:

Back inna day, I used to attend a lot of football games with Rob Squires of Big Head Todd & the Monsters fame. He had a bunch of cheers that he'd scream at the top of his lungs. One that sticks out in my memory is

"Hit em' high, hit em' low, hit em in the gopher hole - oooh, ah, ooh ah ah! Oooh, ah, ooh ah ah!".

I had no idea what it meant, but it sounded pretty funny at the time.

And another one - after a big defensive stop - Rob (screaming) "WHAT DID HE GET?!?" - Everbody else in the immediate viscinity (screaming) "HE DIDN'T GET SQUAT!!!"

Good times.

Back inna day, I used to attend a lot of football games with Rob Squires of Big Head Todd & the Monsters fame. He had a bunch of cheers that he'd scream at the top of his lungs. One that sticks out in my memory is

"Hit em' high, hit em' low, hit em in the gopher hole - oooh, ah, ooh ah ah! Oooh, ah, ooh ah ah!".

I had no idea what it meant, but it sounded pretty funny at the time.

And another one - after a big defensive stop - Rob (screaming) "WHAT DID HE GET?!?" - Everbody else in the immediate viscinity (screaming) "HE DIDN'T GET SQUAT!!!"

Good times.

From my recollections of the Bill Mallory days...

Best cheer -> "Ex-lax, relax, open up the hole!"

Best banner -> "New Your Life is better coached"

-The FSU Warchant. Nothing like 70,00 crackers pretending to be native americans
-KAAAAAAYYYYY -SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-UUUUUUUUUUUUUU! Again, spelling is important in the heart land. Don't forget to wave your power towel.

For those of you who haven't seen or need a reminder of just how gay KSU truly is: http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday...l-wooooooooo-k-states-horrible-pregame-video/

you forgot O-H....I-O. at tO$U they divide the word up so they each only have to remember two letters.

Reactions: dio
USC is probably my favorite, what makes it great it really seems to fit their Trojan warrior motif. A lot of other bands seem to be cheap knock offs of UM and ND and southern team songs seem too mellow to me even when they are trashing each other.

Outside of glory glory Colorado which sound like "I've been workin' on the railroad." We have pretty amazing fight songs; our official fight song is pretty fast and sweet and our unofficial even though not quite original works really well and fits our horrible evil fan vibe we rock. Well, I don't like the "go buffs" in between the "heys" that's been recently added, seems to soften the edge of the chant.

Back