What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Favorite Nebraska-Colorado game

I was on the south side of the field when the goal post came down. There was a guy who had been hanging on the post when it fell....he landed on his back with the weight of the post on top of him. I thought the guy was toast...but, he got up laughing.....was that you?

It seemed like it took forever for that south post to come down partly because everybody was climbing on it - I totally remember the same(?) guy hanging upside down both arms and legs wrapped around the crossbar. Back in those days you had to lift the post to get it out of the ground. In the end, though, all that weight just sheared the thing off. About 1/2 hour later we saw some guys headed to the Harvest House with one of the uprights on their shoulders.

I was on the south side of the field when the goal post came down. There was a guy who had been hanging on the post when it fell....he landed on his back with the weight of the post on top of him. I thought the guy was toast...but, he got up laughing.....was that you?

No that wasn't me. My roommate at the time was one of the guys up on the goalpost, though. He said he took a bit of a fall, but was fine.

1a. 1986 - This was one of the guttiest games I have ever seen. The NU team was ranked #3 and CU smacked them down. I often thought this game was the one that was pivotal for turning the program around under coach Mac.

1b. 2001 - Just a special day and special game all the way around. I knew that CU was going to win but had no idea that they would dominate the game so much.

3. 1990 - In Lincoln, you could feel the confidence of the Huskers evaporate as EB took over.

4. 1989 - The CU program had arrived.

5. 2002 - Just because it was in Lincoln.

Kind of clever for a troll.

Anyway, neg rep--welcome. I hope you're able to elevate the dialogue where our teams are concerned.
I also have 779 other games that I like also thru our history. If elevate means talkin s**t to each other your on!!!

I know you had high hopes for this one. Hope you can recover.

:lol: I thought this one started off pretty strongly.

Now all he/she is missing is the trademark husker "it's all in good fun" tagline after laying down some particularly lame smack with a misused homonym. Who knows? Maybe it will turn out all right.

But if not, it's nothing a little scotch can't see me through.

1a. 1986 - This was one of the guttiest games I have ever seen. The NU team was ranked #3 and CU smacked them down. I often thought this game was the one that was pivotal for turning the program around under coach Mac.

1b. 2001 - Just a special day and special game all the way around. I knew that CU was going to win but had no idea that they would dominate the game so much.

3. 1990 - In Lincoln, you could feel the confidence of the Huskers evaporate as EB took over.

4. 1989 - The CU program had arrived.

5. 2002 - Just because it was in Lincoln.

All of the above, in the same order :thumbsup:

My only contribution would be to perhaps substitute 2007 for 2002. Both teams mediocre. Winner gets a bowl; loser goes home - 65-51!

It seemed like it took forever for that south post to come down partly because everybody was climbing on it - I totally remember the same(?) guy hanging upside down both arms and legs wrapped around the crossbar. Back in those days you had to lift the post to get it out of the ground. In the end, though, all that weight just sheared the thing off. About 1/2 hour later we saw some guys headed to the Harvest House with one of the uprights on their shoulders.
Yep....although, I recall someone walking toward Norlin with a piece of the bar...assumed they were headed for a frat house.

Glad to hear that you shared the same experience. I ended up at Tulagi's that night....then with a sorority chick on the hill.

It appears my hopes will be dashed again. Alas...
What do you want from me - cu has 17 wins in a 110 years since they've been playing Nebraska. What ever you got I can counter it about football between the two teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you want from me - cu has 17 wins in a 110 years since they've been playing Nebraska. What ever you got I can counter it about football between the two teams.
want nothing from you...other than, go back to your own kind.

If the long-term win/loss record between two teams served as the trump which ended all banter between teams we wouldn't have much to discuss. It would be a one post thread.

Yet you're over here, seeking something. Let's start with that. What is it that you want?

Also, I believe Colorado has 18 victories in the series.

The game that sticks out most in my mind is the 1998 game where the Buffs lost 16-14. While the games were closer the two games prior, Nebraska still had control. The Buffs were stuck playing catchup in both games. With the 1998 game it felt very good watching the Buffs play toe to toe with the Huskers. I was emotionally invested in every play and in my mind I kept saying, "this is the year". Memorial stadium was quiet for the majority of the game and I loved it every time the announcers would talk about it or how concerned the Husker fans looked. Even when the final score didn't turn out as planned, I felt so proud.

I'm right about that, aren't I? 18 victories? Tell me that this husker clown didn't build his log-on name around a falsehood.
The series is actually 47-18-2 - cu fans always brag how smart you are I was just wondering if anyone would catch the error.

The series is actually 47-18-2 - cu fans always brag how smart you are I was just wondering if anyone would catch the error.

:lol: Wow!

Let me get this right:

You've come over to a CU site to talk ****. You even stated that you want to talk ****. Nobody invited you, troll yet here you are.

You've contributed nothing meaningful to the dialogue. Your few posts aren't clever, they lack insight and are sprinkled with grammatical errors.

Finally--and the is the best part--the foundation of your login name and the very subject of your posts is all based on a falsehood.

You then fabricated a rather sad excuse (nobody's buying it, by the way) to cover your factual errors, because you're apparently unable to take responsibility for them; you even tried poke fun of the CU fans in process of sluffing the responsibility, pounding your chest when you should actually have been humble.

I intended to write something to humiliate you and make you feel bad for sticking your nose where it wasn't welcome. You came to this site, lobbing yourself like a big juicy softball, ready to be knocked over the fence. It's just too easy, though.

I thought I'd never say this to a husker troll, but I just kind of feel sorry for you. Welcome to Allbuffs. As far as I'm concerned you can claim all the falsehoods you want. Go gett'm champ!

You've contributed nothing meaningful to the dialogue. Your few posts aren't clever, they lack insight and are sprinkled with grammatical errors.

Uh, this is the norm for most of the hucksters that invade this place.
There are about 4 or 5 that contribute something worth reading and manage to make an actual contribution

And nothing else. Face, college football in the only thing nebraska is known for. Colorado? Just about anything else except the ocean and surfing. You obviously live to glorify your team and have no other life.

Which, of course, is what defines you as a NU fan to begin with.:smile2:

Right. So now we can rest assured you'll adjust your tag. While you're at it go ahead and make it 48192.

This troll has nothing, just like the other 5 I'm ignoring. If we all ignore it, it will go away...

:lol: Wow!

Let me get this right:

You've come over to a CU site to talk ****. You even stated that you want to talk ****. Nobody invited you, troll yet here you are.

Finally--and the is the best part--the foundation of your login name and the very subject of your posts is all based on a falsehood.

You then fabricated a rather sad excuse (nobody's buying it, by the way) to cover your factual errors, because you're apparently unable to take responsibility for them; you even tried poke fun of the CU fans in process of sluffing the responsibility, pounding your chest when you should actually have been humble.

I intended to write something to humiliate you and make you feel bad for sticking your nose where it wasn't welcome. You came to this site, lobbing yourself like a big juicy softball, ready to be knocked over the fence. It's just too easy, though.

I thought I'd never say this to a husker troll, but I just kind of feel sorry for you. Welcome to Allbuffs. As far as I'm concerned you can claim all the falsehoods you want. Go gett'm champ!
:cry: You put me in my place.:lol: Your right I have no life unlike cu fans who are tormented by a football team. BTW how did the virtual fan promotion go? How many virtual fans filled the seats? Is my gramer corect in my post?

:cry: You put me in my place.:lol: Your right I have no life unlike cu fans who are tormented by a football team. BTW how did the virtual fan promotion go? How many virtual fans filled the seats? Is my gramer corect in my post?

Your gramer was grate....make that, grating.

:cry: You put me in my place.:lol: You're right; I have no life, unlike cu fans who are tormented by a football team. By the way, how did the virtual fan promotion go? How many virtual fans filled the seats? Is my gramer corect in my post?

You made a few mistakes before your sarcastic approach. They are bolded and corrected. You get a D- on this post.

Back