What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Finally > Kliavkoff P12 gets it

You gotta have some kind of home? I get the headquarters concept being dumb, but there needs to be a meeting place, such as the studios, or a PAC Hall of Fame, or something?
Not even a concern of mine. Just get the HQ out of California because real estate is so ****ing pricey out there-TV studios, Pac 12 HoF.......that kind of stuff can be in Vegas or wherever.

Now can we get the P12N on YoutubeTV? It'd be so nice to come home from a basketball game I work and be able to watch TadBall.

Last edited:
Not even a concern of mine. Just get the HQ out of California because real estate is so ****ing pricey out there-TV studios, Pac 12 HoF.......that kind of stuff can be in Vegas or wherever.

Now can we get the P12N on YoutubeTV?
Or Hulu? Or stand alone?
Nothing pisses me off more than those Neuhaisel Pac-12 commercials - “ you can now watch P12N anywhere; laptop, smartphone, Apple TV! All you have to do is authenticate with your service provider.” F you.

Or Hulu? Or stand alone?
Nothing pisses me off more than those Neuhaisel Pac-12 commercials - “ you can now watch P12N anywhere; laptop, smartphone, Apple TV! All you have to do is authenticate with your service provider.” F you.
No reason why it shouldn't be everywhere yeah

No reason why it shouldn't be everywhere yeah
Unless it's just talk, I believe Commish K is emphasizing distribution over maintaining a rate for distribution rights.

I'm not an expert on these things, but I've observed enough Pac-12 becoming a national laughingstock to support all moves that are the opposite of the Larry Scott vision. So I'm on board.

Or Hulu? Or stand alone?
Have you heard of Sling TV? It sure is nice of me to support the conference that way, eh?

Unless it's just talk, I believe Commish K is emphasizing distribution over maintaining a rate for distribution rights.

I'm not an expert on these things, but I've observed enough Pac-12 becoming a national laughingstock to support all moves that are the opposite of the Larry Scott vision. So I'm on board.

With rights coming up the move I expect is to sell/give/barter 50% of the P12N to whomever the eventual rights buyer is. That at least gets you into a bundle that can be forced onto the likes of Dish/Comcast/DTV along with some of the networks other channels. Just remember those services are dying and streaming apps (Paramount, Peacock, ESPN+) are coming into vogue.

Who operates the P12N channel and bares that cost IF we keep 6 networks (stupid) is another matter. But I assume its goal to unload that because of the cost eating into the schools income.

The Big Ten goes next with their rights expiring at the end of 2023. The Pac12 goes next at the end of 2024. Rumor has it that NBC, CBS, Fox and ESPN are going to make a play for B1Gs rights and the conference income will surpass the $1 billion dollar per year mark. This is good because there will be winners and losers.

Depending on outcome of that contest the Pac12 will probably get picked up by the loser(s) CBS, Fox, or NBC and one will get the network as well. I doubt we will get the $1b money but stay ahead of the ACC (I hope). Our ratings don't match up with the B1G. The conference would, imho, greatly benefit from being on broadcast TV (free) instead of being an after thought content late at night on ESPN or FS1. But the broadcaster is always going to put the content that gets the most eyeballs ahead of the content that doesn't.

I guess we could be also wading into the unknown with a bid from Amazon, Netflix, or whomever who probably would let us keep the 6 channels. But we'd still have to produce all the content ourselves because they don't have the back end right now. And while the paychecks would likely be big, distribution would be behind a paywall (where sports is heading anyways).

The P12N is 6 channels Not one silly. I also get my anti GOP propaganda from CNN and MSNBC and the Food Network teaches me how to cook better.
I’ve only ever watched P12 Mountain, unless there is something of interest on the other regions. Is Sling still the only service that offers the P12N? I winced at my sling withdraws from last fall…

I’ve only ever watched P12 Mountain, unless there is something of interest on the other regions. Is Sling still the only service that offers the P12N? I winced at my sling withdraws from last fall…
YouTube and Directv are really the only two major players who don’t carry it. Both are very significant though

We will see if Kliavkoff gets it or not. Going from one extreme to the other on the HQ office is concerning to me. I know the model is changing for the Business office, but this is a multi-million dollar business and there benefits to having a core "mothership".

The PAC 12 has less leverage this time around with Media negotiations.

We will see if Kliavkoff gets it or not. Going from one extreme to the other on the HQ office is concerning to me. I know the model is changing for the Business office, but this is a multi-million dollar business and there benefits to having a core "mothership".

The PAC 12 has less leverage this time around with Media negotiations.

This guy ranked most of the teams across the spectrums of conferences and created a list of which teams get the most viewers per week. He stopped counting schools around 89 where San Jose State averaged 30,000 viewers a week.

The numbers next to each school indicate the average number of viewers per week from 2015–19. Streaming numbers are included when available.

In the top 25 teams there are just two* schools from the Pac 12 with USC at #16 and Stanford at #25

Then there are Eight/Ten from the SEC if you exclude/include OU and UT. Seven from the Big 10. Three/Five from the BigXII if you exclude/include OU and UT. Three from the ACC. One Independent

*That doesnt bode well imho for negotiating a big winner contract.

This is where things are going and there doesnt seem to be much we can do to stop it.

This guy ranked most of the teams across the spectrums of conferences and created a list of which teams get the most viewers per week. He stopped counting schools around 89 where San Jose State averaged 30,000 viewers a week.

The numbers next to each school indicate the average number of viewers per week from 2015–19. Streaming numbers are included when available.

In the top 25 teams there are just two* schools from the Pac 12 with USC at #16 and Stanford at #25

Then there are Eight/Ten from the SEC if you exclude/include OU and UT. Seven from the Big 10. Three/Five from the BigXII if you exclude/include OU and UT. Three from the ACC. One Independent

*That doesnt bode well imho for negotiating a big winner contract.

This is where things are going and there doesnt seem to be much we can do to stop it.

That Stanford deal is a little shocking.

I know the conference doesn't really give a rat's ass about us-but our return game with AFA is on CBS with Nessler/Danielson (setting the over/under on # of Saban references Danielson can work in at three assuming I'm right) likely calling it.......while we couldn't get the game in Boulder on a network people actually have?

Our TV deals suck.

Back