What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Finals poll

Doesn't he teach Math at CU?

Wouldn't surprise me. In fact, I would bet money that if he hasn't been hanged he probably is living in America somewhere now.

I was wrong, turns out he is living in the UAE somewhere. Ouch and his broadcast saying that the Americans were no where near them apparently got many killed as they went about their evey day life and drove right into firefights... Oops.

Last edited:
If we went by the team that we "think" is the best, why wouldn't USC be National Champion? I'm firm in the belief that USC is the best team in college football - hands down.

Arguments can be made all over the spectrum on the subject. Maybe that's what makes college football so fun.

I think it's a ****ed up system. You are right no one really knows for sure. No one knows if Utah would beat Florida or SC, but you know what, know one gave Utah a chance in hell to beat Bama. In my own opinion I agree, I think SC would beat Florida and I think SC is the best team.I don't think Utah would beat Florida, but I would put money they would beat OU. Utah DESERVES the title more than any other program though. They have beaten multiple ranked teams, they beat the only other regular season undefeated, they deserve the national title and they are the champs IMO.

I think it's a ****ed up system. You are right no one really knows for sure. No one knows if Utah would beat Florida or SC, but you know what, know one gave Utah a chance in hell to beat Bama. In my own opinion I agree, I think SC would beat Florida and I think SC is the best team.I don't think Utah would beat Florida, but I would put money they would beat OU. Utah DESERVES the title more than any other program though. They have beaten multiple ranked teams, they beat the only other regular season undefeated, they deserve the national title and they are the champs IMO.

Please point to which team on this schedule was really a "test" for USC?

at Virginia (3-5Conf /5-7 overall) W 52-7
No. 5 Ohio State (7-1/10-3) W 35-3
at Oregon State (7-2/9-4) L 27-21
No. 23 Oregon (7-2/10-3) W 44-10
Arizona State (4-5/5-7) W 28-0
at Washington State (1-8/2-11) W 69-0
at Arizona (5-4/8-5) W 17-10
Washington (0-9/0-12) W 56-0

No. 21 California (6-3/9-4) W 17-3
at Stanford (4-5/5-7) W 45-23
Notre Dame (7-6) W 38-3
at UCLA (3-6/4-8) W 28-7
No. 8 Penn State (7-1/11-2) W 38-24*

The teams in red had a 500 or worse season. I think the weak pac 10 schedule makes them appear to be more awesome than they might actually be.

Please point to which team on this schedule was really a "test" for USC?

at Virginia (3-5Conf /5-7 overall) W 52-7
No. 5 Ohio State (7-1/10-3) W 35-3
at Oregon State (7-2/9-4) L 27-21
No. 23 Oregon (7-2/10-3) W 44-10
Arizona State (4-5/5-7) W 28-0
at Washington State (1-8/2-11) W 69-0
at Arizona (5-4/8-5) W 17-10
Washington (0-9/0-12) W 56-0

No. 21 California (6-3/9-4) W 17-3
at Stanford (4-5/5-7) W 45-23
Notre Dame (7-6) W 38-3
at UCLA (3-6/4-8) W 28-7
No. 8 Penn State (7-1/11-2) W 38-24*

The teams in red had a 500 or worse season. I think the weak pac 10 schedule makes them appear to be more awesome than they might actually be.

Please tell me the last time SC lost a meaningful game. Oh probably the '05 Rose Bowl. SC has slightly better talent and defense than UF. Sc just collapses in "easy" wins once a year. BTW, the Pac 10 went 5-0 in bowls this year. No other confrence did that. Cal beat your Hurricanes, Oregon beat Okie St, and USC steamrolled a 1 loss PSU. I think SC is the best. But see my last post.

Baghdad bob work's for MSNBC and he is deep under cover. He now has a new I.D..it is Larry Cudlow! He can tell you how great G.W.B is and how you should dump all your cash into stocks.

Please tell me the last time SC lost a meaningful game. Oh probably the '05 Rose Bowl. SC has slightly better talent and defense than UF. Sc just collapses in "easy" wins once a year. BTW, the Pac 10 went 5-0 in bowls this year. No other confrence did that. Cal beat your Hurricanes, Oregon beat Okie St, and USC steamrolled a 1 loss PSU. I think SC is the best. But see my last post.

Dude. They lost to Stanford last year 24-23 AT THE COLISEUM. Stanford went 4-8 on the year.

Or do you mean a meaningful game like somone in the top 5? Since they play in the Pac 10 and are married to the useless Rose Bowl playing some goat from the Big 10 the entire season is pretty meaningless.

They lose one game a year and each time that "meaningless loss" costs them the number one position and a trip to the mNC game. They seem, oddly, content with their regular trip to the Rose bowl.

Dude. They lost to Stanford last year 24-23 AT THE COLISEUM. Stanford went 4-8 on the year.

Or do you mean a meaningful game like somone in the top 5? Since they play in the Pac 10 and are married to the useless Rose Bowl playing some goat from the Big 10 the entire season is pretty meaningless.

They lose one game a year and each time that "meaningless loss" costs them the number one position and a trip to the mNC game. They seem, oddly, content with their regular trip to the Rose bowl.

Thats what I'm talking about. They let one get away every year they shouldn't. Actually a lot of teams do, but what separates SC from most teams is you give Carroll a big game to prepare for there isn't anybody else in the nation thats better IMO. BTW, I know Virginia is not that good, but the first game of the year, SC travelled across the country and layed it to them.

From now on, if a school isn't in the ACC, Big East, SEC, Big10, Big12, or Pac10, I don't want to see them in any BCS bowl games! We now have proof that it is impossible for them to be given a fair shot at winning it all so why even let them waste one of those spots?

I say even take it one step further, don't allow any of the teams in the coferences I listed above to play teams in the weaker conferences during the season either. Those teams arent good enough to compete so keep them completely seperated and give us better regular season games!

From now on, if a school isn't in the ACC, Big East, SEC, Big10, Big12, or Pac10, I don't want to see them in any BCS bowl games! We now have proof that it is impossible for them to be given a fair shot at winning it all so why even let them waste one of those spots?

I say even take it one step further, don't allow any of the teams in the coferences I listed above to play teams in the weaker conferences during the season either. Those teams arent good enough to compete so keep them completely seperated and give us better regular season games!

This makes no sense at all. With your logic CU doesn't even belong in the Wac or MWC let alone the Big 12. Colorado Buffaloes football belongs in the Big Sky football, because CU loses to Montana St and barely beats Eastern Washington. Jesus people you give no teams a chance. BTW, it's no ones fault that they are in a ****ty conference. IF YOU ARE IN D1 FOOTBALL YOU SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO WIN IT ALL!!! Hell The Big 8 used to be the ****tiest confrence around even worse than the Wac except for OU and NU. Yet, OU used to win national titles out of the ****ty confrence, why the **** can't Utah win out of a decent conference??? The MWC right now is just as good as the Big 8 was at times. UTah, TCU and BYU are all legit teams!

This makes no sense at all. With your logic CU doesn't even belong in the Wac or MWC let alone the Big 12. Colorado Buffaloes football belongs in the Big Sky football, because CU loses to Montana St and barely beats Eastern Washington. Jesus people you give no teams a chance. BTW, it's no ones fault that they are in a ****ty conference. IF YOU ARE IN D1 FOOTBALL YOU SHOULD BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO WIN IT ALL!!! Hell The Big 8 used to be the ****tiest confrence around even worse than the Wac except for OU and NU. Yet, OU used to win national titles out of the ****ty confrence, why the **** can't Utah win out of a decent conference??? The MWC right now is just as good as the Big 8 was at times. UTah, TCU and BYU are all legit teams!

You really should read any of my posts from the past week or so. I have been the biggest whiner about this whole Utah thing since they finished their season. For the most part, I just like to see the BCS as a huge train wreck... I can care less about Utah but what has happened to them is a sham by the big schools/conferences that have obviously paid their way into the polls.

Also, my logic up there does not suggest anything about CU or any school moving to the Big Sky.

The point of my post was that if they aren't going to allow a team that obviously was more deserving, be declared the Champion or at least Co-Champion, why even allow the teams that do have chance at winning (the teams from the more traditonal conferences) to play on the same field as the teams that have no chance at winning (those from the WAC, MAC and so on)?

It has been proven that if you aren't from the conferences I listed up above, that you can't be the champion no matter what you do, so the NCAA needs to quit beating around the bush and seperate the schools that are allowed to win it all from the teams that can't win a championship no matter what they do.

2 ranked teams and 1 in ORV? I challenge you to prove to me how that is the weakest.:rolleyes:
Looking at the USA Today - MU is rated #16, and #19 in final AP, and that's it for the Big 12 North. Not exactly anything to shoot your mouth off about. KU, and NU both finished unranked. And I said it was one of the weakest - not the weakest.
Read the post.

Last edited:
Looking at the USA Today - MU is rated #16, and #19 in final AP, and that's it for the Big 12 North. Not exactly anything to shoot your mouth off about. KU, and NU both finished unranked. And I said it was one of the weakest - not the weakest.
Read the post.

Ya I know what your post said and you just told me what I told you. Again, prove to me that The Big 12 north is one of the weakest divisions in the country. It was a pretty good division this year, not great, but not bad, and certainly not a weak one like you said. Get a clue dude

Ya I know what your post said and you just told me what I told you. Again, prove to me that The Big 12 north is one of the weakest divisions in the country. It was a pretty good division this year, not great, but not bad, and certainly not a weak one like you said. Get a clue dude
If you think a #19 rating in the AP, and getting blown out in the conference championship game is pretty good, then we have a different opinion of the Big 12 North obviously. You got yours, and I got mine. The Big 12 is all about the South, unless things change. The Big 12 North is an after thought - I don't know any serious football fan that thinks of the North division when you talk about the big dogs in the Big 12. Wake up.

Last edited:
If you think a #19 rating in the AP, and getting blown out in the conference championship game is pretty good, then we have a different opinion of the Big 12 North obviously. You got yours, and I got mine. The Big 12 is all about the South, unless things change. The Big 12 North is an after thought - I don't know any serious football fan that thinks of the North division when you talk about the big dogs in the Big 12. Wake up.

couldn't agree more. All that was written and said that I read or heard was Texas, Oklahoma, Okie State, and Texas Tech and what a great year these 3 were playing ball. Comments about North teams were that the Mizzou didn't live up to preseason expectations, especially on defense, Bo Pelini and the job he has done trying to right the Husker ship (9-4), maybe a blurb about Kansas here and there but thats about it.

Guess living in the land of the south has something to do with that, but still when 5 teams finished ranked, and 4 of them are from the south division, that right there says enough.....

Back