What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

season 4 netflix GIF by Fuller House

So realistically, what does it take for a coach to be fired "for cause"? Can we pool together funds for a private eye so he can dig something up, or is complete ineptitude enough to establish cause?

So realistically, what does it take for a coach to be fired "for cause"? Can we pool together funds for a private eye so he can dig something up, or is complete ineptitude enough to establish cause?
For cause means that the employee has done something to break the terms of his side of the contract. Sucking is not a “for cause” reason for termination. Karl Dorrell will be the coach for at least the 2022 and 2023 seasons, unless our feckless AD can somehow rustle up the money to pay the buyout.

For cause means that the employee has done something to break the terms of his side of the contract. Sucking is not a “for cause” reason for termination. Karl Dorrell will be the coach for at least the 2022 and 2023 seasons, unless our feckless AD can somehow rustle up the money to pay the buyout.
RG has talked about West side renovation projects, new sound system, new bathrooms, etc in the very near future. They have money to buy out Dorrell, but it would come at the cost of those projects and would depend on enough pressure and his ability to sell the powers on the trade off of a ****ty football team vs renovation projects.

RG has talked about West side renovation projects, new sound system, new bathrooms, etc in the very near future. They have money to buy out Dorrell, but it would come at the cost of those projects and would depend on enough pressure and his ability to sell the powers on the trade off of a ****ty football team vs renovation projects.
The money well is running dry while George is the AD of this program. Trading off years overdue renovations with upgrading the coaching staff will mean that a new AD will be necessary to have the credibility to actually get enough money to run the department.

I'll **** in a hole in the ground if he fires KD.

So if they fire HCKD, who here wants RG hiring the next coach?

The money well is running dry while George is the AD of this program. Trading off years overdue renovations with upgrading the coaching staff will mean that a new AD will be necessary to have the credibility to actually get enough money to run the department.
Yep, just saying the AD has the money to spread out a (hopefully) negotiated down settlement/buyout over time, while also going out and paying for a real staff if they really want to. Honestly, it’s what they should do. Who gives a **** if fans have to piss in horse troughs or if the sound system isn’t bumping people out of their seats. If this thing keeps going in this direction, there won’t be any fans.

Also, for the first time, Kelli basically referred to RG multiple times directly today on Twitter. The pressure to make serious changes will continue to mount, even if no one steps up with buyout donations.

Yep, just saying the AD has the money to spread out a (hopefully) negotiated down settlement/buyout over time, while also going out and paying for a real staff if they really want to. Honestly, it’s what they should do. Who gives a **** if fans have to piss in horse troughs or if the sound system isn’t bumping people out of their seats. If this thing keeps going in this direction, there won’t be any fans.

Also, for the first time, Kelli basically referred to RG multiple times directly today on Twitter. The pressure to make serious changes will continue to mount, even if no one steps up with buyout donations.
If Dorrell is fired in the middle of his contract, he won’t give Colorado a discount. The AD will need to pay him the entire amount.

The department has to function. In the past, the AD has been able to get loans from the school to pay for operating expenses. That is something I doubt will occur if they fired Dorrell after this year. The AD couldn’t really do anything until they got major donations in the past. Lacking donations going forward will impair the AD’s ability to hire a coaching staff better than the one we have today.

Don't you need asses in seats for all of that to matter?

This may sound a bit harsh but, maybe it's time for CU to move to the Big 12 since Texas and Oklahoma are leaving or the Mountain West. We are a complete embarrassment on the football field! Lewis has absolutely zero pocket awareness and locks on to one receiver. Chev is a good receiver coach and that's it, he needs to be demoted or let go.
We would get our ass kicked a lot worse in the Big 12. Those teams are actually good

Dear Karl,
You are truly a good guy. The kind of person I’d love to see succeed. You’ve made a great living and are set up for life. It is clear that you just aren’t enjoying your time as HC and I want to see you happy. I have the secret to eternal happiness for you. Go to Rick George and negotiate a buy out. You may be leaving some money on the table but, believe me, you will be much happier. AND SO WILL BUFF FANS!!

Dear Karl,
You are truly a good guy. The kind of person I’d love to see succeed. You’ve made a great living and are set up for life. It is clear that you just aren’t enjoying your time as HC and I want to see you happy. I have the secret to eternal happiness for you. Go to Rick George and negotiate a buy out. You may be leaving some money on the table but, believe me, you will be much happier. AND SO WILL BUFF FANS!!
I'm not sure he's a good guy.

Dear Karl,
I mean, he and his wife had a plan. They'd had a great run of employment in major football, cashed some really good paychecks, and were just trying to get a Boulder home ready for their golden years after Karl put in another year or two coaching wide receivers in Miami. If he hadn't happened to be in town when Rick & Lance were trying to find a new head coach, he'd be so much happier right now.

I mean, he and his wife had a plan. They'd had a great run of employment in major football, cashed some really good paychecks, and were just trying to get a Boulder home ready for their golden years after Karl put in another year or two coaching wide receivers in Miami. If he hadn't happened to be in town when Rick & Lance were trying to find a new head coach, he'd be so much happier right now.
He’s going to be paid >$20 million dollars by the University of Colorado. That seems like a lovely retirement gift.

For reference, they averaged 414 ypg last year which was 48th in the country. Implementing more of Dorrell’s offense and Rod’s blocking scheme has cratered this team in one offseason.

Lol. When Mizzou shut out CU at Colorado to end CU’s decades-long streak of not getting shut out, i distinctly remember thinking, “well, at least it can’t get any more humiliating than this.”

I’ve lost count of how many things have been more humiliating as a CU fan since that day.

Back