What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

#Fire Coach Dorrell

Based on media reports, it looks like CU woudl owe him well over $10 million if he were fired after this season, but again the contact could have caveats.

RG wrote the contract so…

GIF by Leroy Patterson

I am sure that all of that is probably true. However sometimes with a problematic employee you look for any small little thing that can be the excuse to take action against them, and you go with that. Plus, this is clearly embarrassing to CU, as RG just had to tweet that HCKD‘s apology for him, which is pretty weird. One would think that if it is worthy of the AD issuing a public apology on the coach‘s behalf, the AD would insist the the coach do it himself. HCKD does not have much of a twitter game himself, as almost everything on his account is a retweet, so maybe that’s the reason, but if it is worthy of RG making the apology for him, it is worth of him doing it himself.
Where these things can make a difference is when the AD sits down with the coach and says "I think you should save yourself the embarrassment of being fired and resign, let's talk about the buy out numbers and they will be less than the full contract."

The coach can choose to not want to negotiate but he risk the firing turning ugly and it impacting his future job prospects.

Where these things can make a difference is when the AD sits down with the coach and says "I think you should save yourself the embarrassment of being fired and resign, let's talk about the buy out numbers and they will be less than the full contract."

The coach can choose to not want to negotiate but he risk the firing turning ugly and it impacting his future job prospects.
Umm no. CU is contractually on the hook for the entire buyout. Dorrell doesn’t care. He is a lifetime position coach. He will gladly take the buyout and accept an NFL WR job

Future job prospects? What future job prospects? Dude is going to take his millions and mail it in for as long as he can. I can’t even blame him for doing so.

Umm no. CU is contractually on the hook for the entire buyout. Dorrell doesn’t care. He is a lifetime position coach. He will gladly take the buyout and accept an NFL WR job
It depends.

If he aspires to being more than a lifetime WR coach he will be concerned about how leaving here looks.

We also may not be aware of other incidents past or future that could be looked as as cause.

He certainly can choose to demand the entire contractual buyout but often there are reasons to negotiate.

Yes. We treat all journalists with respect. Just like when he blew off KOA.

cBS4 for whatever reason it matters to you.
I'm not saying that we shouldn't treat all journalists with the same utmost respect. I'm just saying it matters because some journalists and news organizations are bigger than others and have more clout.

It depends.

If he aspires to being more than a lifetime WR coach he will be concerned about how leaving here looks.

We also may not be aware of other incidents past or future that could be looked as as cause.

He certainly can choose to demand the entire contractual buyout but often there are reasons to negotiate.
He’s like 55. He won’t sniff any HC job ever again. He’ll take his millions like every other coach has done

I'm not saying that we shouldn't treat all journalists with the same utmost respect. I'm just saying it matters because some journalists and news organizations are bigger than others and have more clout.
OK. I gotcha. 👍

I’m getting the feeling that he’s gone after this season. Next two weeks are critical for this program with the bye and then the UA game at home. UA beats CU by double digits, BYE BYE!

Back