What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Fire Drew Wilson immediately

I'm not the guy arguing that our strength and conditioning coach should be fired after a 4-1 season. A season in which our line play on both sides contributed to the majority of the success.
Lmao, what? Whatever dude I get it, someone saying we should get rid of our strength coach isn't exactly welcoming news but our o line saw significant improvements in 2019 when Kap was hired and Rod has continued it. Has the board has changed their opinion of Klayton Adams? Not as bad as we all once thought? I would hope after years of "as the injuries pile up" news stories topping off with our best linebacker in decades tearing his achilles is enough to wake people up but I guess we'll settle for next man up and it's a physical game.

My impression is that it has been a constant thing since the beginning of the HCMM era that our Buffs wear down more than other teams in the conference as the season goes on. Also that we seem to experience a lot of injuries and end up with MASH units in position groups.

It could be Wilson to blame. Some of it is definitely due to problems with recruiting & depth. Some of it has been that we've been under-sized (recruiting developmental guys and then not emphasizing building mass as a HC-driven approach). But I'm not giving Wilson a pass. I'm sick of seeing CU teams being walking wounded and looking physically spent the last third of every season.

Lmao, what? Whatever dude I get it, someone saying we should get rid of our strength coach isn't exactly welcoming news but our o line saw significant improvements in 2019 when Kap was hired and Rod has continued it. Has the board has changed their opinion of Klayton Adams? Not as bad as we all once thought? I would hope after years of "as the injuries pile up" news stories topping off with our best linebacker in decades tearing his achilles is enough to wake people up but I guess we'll settle for next man up and it's a physical game.

Klayton Adams was a bum

Valid point, I do have issues with the state of college athletic strength training in general which might be clouding my opinion. Unfortunately I'm putting thins together based on minimal information from what I see CU doing and adding a large chunk of what I think they're doing based on other coaches. I played a year of D1 baseball (before I gave it up due to my second Tommy John), we ran more distance than sprints. Which also might be a cause for my feelings toward Drew, I know coaches will have you do things that are detrimental to specific sport performance. There is absolutely no reason to make the core running distance 1500x larger than the furthest amount one will ever run at one time on a ball field.
There is just so much lack of knowledge about training in general, even with institutional guidance, half the crap they teach you is outdated and wrong. Ex. You aren't set with a certain composition of slow and fast twitch muscle fibers. Training endurance will make your fast twitch behave like slow twitch and vis versa. https://renaissanceperiodization.com/muscle-fiber-types-change-training-end-unfounded-debate/

Guys like Bisharat frustrated the hell out of me. I won't get too picky with other players physique's but the dude looked like he never visited the weight room in four years. That dude should've weighed 15 lbs more than what he did Sr year. Fontenot is another. Granted, he's a damn good rb but I can't help but wonder if an extra 10lbs of muscle would give him better top end speed. They don't have to look like bodybuilders but I do question the physique of some of these players and wonder how much emphasis is placed on conditioning when every unit except the o line is rotated like whores through an NBA team. Midnight hammered conditioning

All I remember is thinking last year when Viska went out, that this was the third year in a row with injury problems. My proof for too many injuries will only be anecdotal, unfortunately. Doesn't help they are like an NHL team with giving out info for injuries.
LaViska was a core tear and pubic bone inflammation
Landman, Fontenot, and KD this year.
Purcell both years. I don't remember him getting rolled over this year but I might be wrong.
Mustafa last year
Chris Miller, Blackmon(?) can't remember other secondary players except the dude who cut his leg against Air Force but it felt like our whole starting secondary was out at one point. Same with o line
Guys like Poplawski, D Smith, Tonz, and Moretti but half this crap happens in practice so there is no way of knowing what actually happened. Can't remember what Tonz deal was either

Nate Landman. I don't think I've ever been hurt more by a Colorado players injury

I already told you I learned more from my former strength coach than at uni. I'll put it this way, in the world of strength training an apprenticeship with Louie Simmons is worth more than all the University degrees combined. Louie Simmons was not my strength coach but his name was equally well known in powerlifting circles before he died.
MONEY QUOTE : "Unfortunately I'm putting thins together based on minimal information from what I see CU doing..."

More accurate would have been : "I DON'T KNOW SH*T!"

Reaction to Landman's injury???? Emotional BS! Are you a chick?

I associate power lifting with squat, bench, and deadlift competition. Yes you get strength from those but training specifically for power lifting (raw strength) is different than for athletic competition (strength with movement and flexibility). Also power cleans are in the Olympic lifts category not really considered a power lift as far as I know.

I wouldn't want a power lifting trainer coordinating S&C for an athletic department.
The misuse of power lifting in the 1960s is actually what led to Marv Marinovich putting together the first NFL strength and training program that focused on speed and flexibility. He overtrained with weights and was injury prone as a result

Why is this still even an active thread? OP is an ice cold, blue like the mountains Coors Light take.
Is there anything better to talk about this post season?
MONEY QUOTE : "Unfortunately I'm putting thins together based on minimal information from what I see CU doing..."

More accurate would have been : "I DON'T KNOW SH*T!"

Reaction to Landman's injury???? Emotional BS! Are you a chick?
Minimal information != insufficient to pass judgement
The original poster doesn’t know squat
I'd be more than happy posting a deadlift video if you want a nice view of my ass.
My impression is that it has been a constant thing since the beginning of the HCMM era that our Buffs wear down more than other teams in the conference as the season goes on. Also that we seem to experience a lot of injuries and end up with MASH units in position groups.

It could be Wilson to blame. Some of it is definitely due to problems with recruiting & depth. Some of it has been that we've been under-sized (recruiting developmental guys and then not emphasizing building mass as a HC-driven approach). But I'm not giving Wilson a pass. I'm sick of seeing CU teams being walking wounded and looking physically spent the last third of every season.
An OG agrees? Holy ****! We lose faith for position coaches in 2 years. Wilson has had 5 with poor results. Time to go

chilling chill out GIF

Is there anything better to talk about this post season?

Minimal information != insufficient to pass judgement

I'd be more than happy posting a deadlift video if you want a nice view of my ass.

An OG agrees? Holy ****! We lose faith for position coaches in 2 years. Wilson has had 5 with poor results. Time to go
My genius is lost on you

Back