What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Build Rick George a Statue (was #fireRickGeorge)

I think there's enough evidence to be confident I don't share RG's politics. But unless he likes or retweets those things, I don't think it's fair to assume he shares every take from someone he follows.
I guess this is where i stand. I went through his likes and RTs, and I haven't found anything where he's amplifying or agreeing with any of this fringe right wing stuff. It seems to be all CU/Boulder related stuff.

With that said, it is a bad look for him to be following people like Faith Goldy on an official CU account. There's not a redemptive way to frame his following that account- Goldy is an unabashed white supremacist and white nationalist.

If he wants to follow that account, he should do so using a separate, private account.

At a minimum, his follows reflect poor judgement for someone in his position. He represents the state's flagship university, and has a responsibility to do so in a way that projects an inclusive message for all students, parents, donors, and supporters. Like it or not, social media matters, and people notice this stuff.

He also follows:

Free Black Thought: “A group of citizens honoring black viewpoint diversity for the sake of our democracy.”

Gwen Stefani

Dr Akilah Carter-Francique: “Black women in sports scholar.”

Jena Griswold: Colorado Secretary of State (D)

Bebe Rexha

Tim Cronin: vocal Trump critic

And some spoof account called “Mike McCarthy’s 4th chin”

Point is, I have no idea what to make of his follows and am not going to try to make sense of them. Also Twitter sucks, just stay off it.

Wow. I’ve never seen someone take social media so seriously before. A little startling to be honest.

Even if RG is a right wing guy, which he seems to be, does that mean he has to agree with everything his Twitter follows post? Does that also mean that due to being a Republican he is automatically incapable of running an athletic department?

Also, what has RG done during his long tenure here, I’m talking actions not what you believe is in his head, that shows he is a racist Nazi lover? Was it when he hired consecutive African American coaches and has shown a genuine friendship and bond with both those coaches? Or maybe it’s because he decided to have his good friend Lance Carl as his Associate AD and head of Diversity and Inclusion.

If you’re open to some constructive advice here, lay-off the social media and stop trying to put someone in a neat little box based on our current political landscape. Judge them on their actions and words instead.

RG hasn’t been the greatest AD in the world, but it has nothing to do with his political leanings or Twitter follows.
Dude it's an incredibly low bar of personal responsibility for our AD to not follow prominent Neo-Nazis on a Twitter account linked to the university. Incredibly low. Literally the only thing I asked for was for someone else to run his University linked Twitter account. I literally said that he can create a second account and follow as many hate mongers as he wants, just don't do it on a public facing account that represents the University. I'm quite sure there are many Republicans and far right lunatics that run or are involved in AD's across the country. Rick George is genuinely quite qualified for the job and I have been significantly less critical of his job performance on here than others. It's not about his performance, it's about the fact that I don't want our AD expressing tacit support for Neo Nazis in the public sphere.

I am judging him on his actions. Specifically the action of choosing to follow neo nazis on a twitter account linked to CU.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, regardless of other’s opinions of said beliefs.

Is it prudent for a person like RG to publicly display their political leanings? No, imo. But everyone seems to be really comfortable with tossing all privacy in the bin lately.

Firing someone over who they follow on Twitter is ridiculous. Y’all gotta separate from social media. Sh*t is poison.
Never said that, said someone else should run his twitter account.

Dude it's an incredibly low bar of personal responsibility for our AD to not follow prominent Neo-Nazis on a Twitter account linked to the university. Incredibly low. Literally the only thing I asked for was for someone else to run his University linked Twitter account. I literally said that he can create a second account and follow as many hate mongers as he wants, just don't do it on a public facing account that represents the University. I'm quite sure there are many Republicans and far right lunatics that run or are involved in AD's across the country. Rick George is genuinely quite qualified for the job and I have been significantly less critical of his job performance on here than others. It's not about his performance, it's about the fact that I don't want our AD expressing tacit support for Neo Nazis in the public sphere.

I am judging him on his actions. Specifically the action of choosing to follow neo nazis on a twitter account linked to CU.
Actually, I believe your words were…”**** this mother****er. He can lick my ****ing taint.” “He’s a literal neo nazi” and “fascists should be fired!”. A bit of a leap from “someone else should maybe run the account”.

Granted, you were obviously in a very frantic and emotionally volatile state after realizing that someone RG has no actual connection to said something that you didn’t like. It’s very understandable.

A guy who seeks funds from politicians follows a political figure he would seek said funds from, and fans are calling for his head? Man, it is a tough time to live in the real world.

Right wing is fine even if I strongly disagree. This is still America. If he's supported something illegal, prejudicial or dehumanizing, that's where I draw the line.
I forgot that you don’t understand that current right wing ideology = illegal, prejudicial, and dehumanizing. Good talk.

Translation: Everyone who doesn't share my worldly views is a right wing extremist and they must be silenced. SILENCED for the good of the world.
Translation: in your world, people who profess neo-nazist beliefs are a-ok in your book.

Y’all can say whatever you want about “free thought” or whatever, but you’re still defending RG getting his Twitter info directly from fascists.

Unless and until you have some facts to rebut the post below instead of your faux outrage, spare me the cancel culture nonsense…

Sooooooooooooooo RG's follows are bad. Like, bad bad. About as bad as you can get. Idk if it's worth firing him for, but it's an extremely bad look for the university and for him as a person. At the minimum he should be required to have someone else run his Twitter account. If you don't believe me, just keep reading.

A few points to head off before we start on this journey....

"It doesn't matter who he follows on Twitter"
Yes it does. He's a representative for our university and our football program. While he does have a lot of generic right wing follows, he has some...very very bad ones as well. His actions represent our university and hooooollly **** it's bad. If he wants to follow these people and see their viewpoints on twitter he should make a second account.

"He probably just follows everybody"
No he doesn't. His political follows are exclusively right wing from what I can tell.

"You're cancelling him"
Fascists should get cancelled.

Let's see who RG follows....

Pretty much everyone in Trumps family/cabinet + a huge collection of various big lie promoters. That's pretty bad in and of itself.

Especially noxious right wing lunatics:

Matt Gaetz (RG follows him on two different accounts) a person that is currently under Federal Investigation for being part of a sex trafficking ring that includes minors. Nice to know that our AD thinks this guy is awesome.

Jim Jordan, who is strongly accused of being complicit in the sexual abuse scandal at Ohio State University. Cool that the guy running our AD likes this guy.

Kurt Schlichter who wrote a weirdo fanfic about how right wing militias can win a second civil war.

Jesse Lee Peterson, an absolute lunatic (even by right wing standards) who stated that the "Greatest mistake America ever made was allowing women to vote".

Mollie Hemmingway, the editor in chief of the Federalist, a publication that defended Roy Moore for being a pedophile under the argument that dating teenagers is "not without some merit if one wants to raise a large family".

Blair White, a probable nazi that looooovvvvveesss to push the boundary of "Ironic" Fascism (if that even exists). See: here and here and here most damningly (imo) here.

Lauren Boebert, an outrageously vile lunatic...I can't even start to run down everything she's involved in, from absurd homophobia to right wing militias to Qanon...ironic considering her husband is a convicted Pedophile.

Not even hiding it Fascists/Nazi's:

Faith Goldy a NON IRONIC NAZI that has defended and recited the 14 words and went on podcasts for the Daily Stormer. So cool that RG represents our university.

Sebastian Gorka, who is affiliated with (and seemingly a member of) a Nazi order in Hungary.

Jack Posobiec, a massive promoter of Pizzagate and a NON IRONIC NAZI that likes to not so secretly post 1488 **** on Twitter. For those unfamiliar the 14 stands for the 14 words and the 88 stands for Heil Hitler.

Michelle Malkin, an especially vile NON IRONIC NAZI that recently gave speeches at an American Renaissance conference. Here's a fun quote from the founder of American Renaissance: "Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears.". Not surprisingly, she also dabbles in Holocaust Denial.

These are all public figures and their histories are well known. I'm somewhat well versed in online politics and was shocked that RG was following these types of people on an account linked to the University. If RG isn't a far right lunatic he sure seems to follow a lot of them on twitter. Even if he followed them before all of this happened he is still a representative of this university and it's his responsibility to control his public persona. It's embarrassing that out AD follows literal Nazis on Twitter. People that don't even hide it. I know it's just a ****ing internet follow, but what a ****ing disgrace. There's probably way more of this type of stuff, this is what I found just casually scrolling through his twitter follows.

**** this mother****er. Rick George can lick a **** covered taint.

Translation: in your world, people who profess neo-nazist beliefs are a-ok in your book.
No but woketh guys like you are free to make character assassinations anywhere you like and consider yourself high and mighty for doing it. I can deduce one thing pretty easily though, while you may be pretty good at football discussions, in real life you are an ass.hole.

Y’all can say whatever you want about “free thought” or whatever, but you’re still defending RG getting his Twitter info directly from fascists.

Unless and until you have some facts to rebut the post below instead of your faux outrage, spare me the cancel culture nonsense…
There was a post after that one which listed a number of progressives RG follows.

I know he's a conservative politically. However, he does work for a political board that's pretty evenly split between parties and he also has politically diverse stakeholders with whom he works. Also, his actions show a pretty solid record with diversity hiring.

I think he's used bad judgment with some of these follows, but I think there's a lot of evidence that he's not bringing the more radical views expressed in the referenced tweets to his job or publicly supporting those views.

No but woketh guys like you are free to make character assassinations anywhere you like and consider yourself high and mighty for doing it. I can deduce one thing pretty easily though, while you may be pretty good at football discussions, in real life you are an ass.hole.
Oh, so… nazism isn’t okay, but I am an ass.hole because I don’t want the Athletic Director of my alma mater following actual nazis on Twitter?

It seems pretty obvious is that you’re the asshole here.

There was a post after that one which listed a number of progressives RG follows.

I know he's a conservative politically. However, he does work for a political board that's pretty evenly split between parties and he also has politically diverse stakeholders with whom he works. Also, his actions show a pretty solid record with diversity hiring.

I think he's used bad judgment with some of these follows, but I think there's a lot of evidence that he's not bringing the more radical views expressed in the referenced tweets to his job or publicly supporting those views.
1. Equating fascism with acceptable political beliefs is not good.
2. He is allowed to believe whatever he wants. Attaching his official school account to actual Nazis is unacceptable.

1. Equating fascism with acceptable political beliefs is not good.
2. He is allowed to believe whatever he wants. Attaching his official school account to actual Nazis is unacceptable.
Nazism is not an acceptable political belief. It's evil.

Maybe someone should message him to let him know some of the things being said while strongly suggesting he unfollow - particularly since his account identifies him as a CU representative.

Nazism is not an acceptable political belief. It's evil.

Maybe someone should message him to let him know some of the things being said while strongly suggesting he unfollow - particularly since his account identifies him as a CU representative.
He knows. He doesn’t care.

Your serious argument is that actual nazist viewpoints are simply a matter of disagreement? Actual LOL
Be careful with the term Nazi. It isn’t meant for people who don’t share your views.
It is meant to describe people who systematically and mechanically tortured and slaughtered millions of their fellow citizens and citizens of countries they conquered.
I don’t see any of those in his follows

Be careful with the term Nazi. It isn’t meant for people who don’t share your views.
It is meant to describe people who systematically and mechanically tortured and slaughtered millions of their fellow citizens and citizens of countries they conquered.
I don’t see any of those in his follows
You should read this post.
Sooooooooooooooo RG's follows are bad. Like, bad bad. About as bad as you can get. Idk if it's worth firing him for, but it's an extremely bad look for the university and for him as a person. At the minimum he should be required to have someone else run his Twitter account. If you don't believe me, just keep reading.

A few points to head off before we start on this journey....

"It doesn't matter who he follows on Twitter"
Yes it does. He's a representative for our university and our football program. While he does have a lot of generic right wing follows, he has some...very very bad ones as well. His actions represent our university and hooooollly **** it's bad. If he wants to follow these people and see their viewpoints on twitter he should make a second account.

"He probably just follows everybody"
No he doesn't. His political follows are exclusively right wing from what I can tell.

"You're cancelling him"
Fascists should get cancelled.

Let's see who RG follows....

Pretty much everyone in Trumps family/cabinet + a huge collection of various big lie promoters. That's pretty bad in and of itself.

Especially noxious right wing lunatics:

Matt Gaetz (RG follows him on two different accounts) a person that is currently under Federal Investigation for being part of a sex trafficking ring that includes minors. Nice to know that our AD thinks this guy is awesome.

Jim Jordan, who is strongly accused of being complicit in the sexual abuse scandal at Ohio State University. Cool that the guy running our AD likes this guy.

Kurt Schlichter who wrote a weirdo fanfic about how right wing militias can win a second civil war.

Jesse Lee Peterson, an absolute lunatic (even by right wing standards) who stated that the "Greatest mistake America ever made was allowing women to vote".

Mollie Hemmingway, the editor in chief of the Federalist, a publication that defended Roy Moore for being a pedophile under the argument that dating teenagers is "not without some merit if one wants to raise a large family".

Blair White, a probable nazi that looooovvvvveesss to push the boundary of "Ironic" Fascism (if that even exists). See: here and here and here most damningly (imo) here.

Lauren Boebert, an outrageously vile lunatic...I can't even start to run down everything she's involved in, from absurd homophobia to right wing militias to Qanon...ironic considering her husband is a convicted Pedophile.

Not even hiding it Fascists/Nazi's:

Faith Goldy a NON IRONIC NAZI that has defended and recited the 14 words and went on podcasts for the Daily Stormer. So cool that RG represents our university.

Sebastian Gorka, who is affiliated with (and seemingly a member of) a Nazi order in Hungary.

Jack Posobiec, a massive promoter of Pizzagate and a NON IRONIC NAZI that likes to not so secretly post 1488 **** on Twitter. For those unfamiliar the 14 stands for the 14 words and the 88 stands for Heil Hitler.

Michelle Malkin, an especially vile NON IRONIC NAZI that recently gave speeches at an American Renaissance conference. Here's a fun quote from the founder of American Renaissance: "Blacks and whites are different. When blacks are left entirely to their own devices, Western civilization — any kind of civilization — disappears.". Not surprisingly, she also dabbles in Holocaust Denial.

These are all public figures and their histories are well known. I'm somewhat well versed in online politics and was shocked that RG was following these types of people on an account linked to the University. If RG isn't a far right lunatic he sure seems to follow a lot of them on twitter. Even if he followed them before all of this happened he is still a representative of this university and it's his responsibility to control his public persona. It's embarrassing that out AD follows literal Nazis on Twitter. People that don't even hide it. I know it's just a ****ing internet follow, but what a ****ing disgrace. There's probably way more of this type of stuff, this is what I found just casually scrolling through his twitter follows.

**** this mother****er. Rick George can lick a **** covered taint.

Back