What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First recruit under the new staff?

In addition to the who is next question, how about these...?

Do we receive any recruits that are ranked higher than those we currently have? 4* or 5*?

Does the class finish in the top 25 / 35 / 50?

I'm not sure how Scout and ESPN rank the classes. But Rivals ranks you based on your 20 best LOI signees. So, if we sign 16 we start with a 20% discount from anyone who signed a full class. On top of that, if a program signed 25 guys then that program is evaluated better than its average signee so we're at a disadvantage there too.

To give you an idea on where we probably have our "best case scenario", we can look at the 2010 class rankings:

Iowa finished at #33. They signed 15 guys. No 5*, three 4*, eleven 3*, and one 2*.
Virginia Tech finished at #35. They signed 15 guys. No 5*, three 4*, ten 3*, and two 2*.
Texas A&M finished at #37. They signed 15 guys. No 5*, two 4*, ten 3*, and three 2*.

Importantly, they signed a lot of high 3* guys with multiple BCS offers.

We probably won't do better than a class ranked in the 30s and we've got a lot of work to do if we're going to get there. Based on where we are starting from in December, if Embree pulls in a top 50 class it's actually pretty good work. For that 2006 class, Hawkins pulled in a #48 ranking and we had 22 signees to get there.

Geez - I would be stoked if we could find three 4* guys and fill the rest with 3* and a couple 2* (speaking very generally of course)

Well Ryan Casey says we have no shot. :lol:

But I think we do. Let Greg Brown get situated before we start counting out anyone. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm not too worried. All evidence points to CU (his Denver East teammates and GB), even though Bishop said that Brown leaving wouldn't make him change his commitment. Give Embree one visit with Ezekiel and it's going to be a done deal. LOCKED UP

I would think JE's made a trip to Mullen already, no? Land Willingham, introduce himself to Miles, kick the tires on Ameen-Moore?

Bishop probably is the best bet for the next commit, but I'm hoping he can land Willingham before the staff goes out on the road.

Ezekiel Bishop a possibility? I think he will be next, Especially since Greg Brown is joining our staff.

Well Ryan Casey says we have no shot. :lol:

But I think we do. Let Greg Brown get situated before we start counting out anyone. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm not too worried. All evidence points to CU (his Denver East teammates and GB), even though Bishop said that Brown leaving wouldn't make him change his commitment. Give Embree one visit with Ezekiel and it's going to be a done deal. LOCKED UP

I ran into Thornton and Hildreth at the Friday night stampede the night before Bishop took his official visit in the fall. They both knew he was coming and were in contact.

Just saying that a.) because I have no scoop, and b.) because it shows they are closer teammates than just a couple guys who wore the same colors in high school. Remember, Thornton, Hildreth and Grossnickle were hometown heroes at East (between them, they won the state basketball, state soccer and state ultimate frisbee championships, and took East football to the playoffs two years in a row - unheard of) and the younger guys looked up to them.

It's not over with EB. But we need to get Greg Brown settled and let the new staff introduce themselves in time. No hurry.

I didnt see it being mustow glad he is here and we dont have to worry about him getting in he has a 4.0 good job by embo.

Back