What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

First round exit

Just looking at some projections:. To play defending champs UVA as a 7 Seed. (CBS) SI has Colorado playing Xavier as a 6 and the otehr guy has winner of NC State/URI. I don't think URI are getting in. A-10 is mostly terrible.

Also, incidentally you know who is quietly getting back in the mix (especially for them?) Kentucky. I think they have a real shot.

Anything is possible, but right now the highlight of the year was beating Dayton.

According to many articles, what if our NCAA games were played with no crowds??? Or else you will have to be tested on the way in and wear masks! No joke

Anything is possible, but right now the highlight of the year was beating Dayton.
The bracket I looked at today, would have us playing Dayton in the 2nd round, if we beat E Tennessee. And if we beat Dayton, msu would likely be next up. oh my

According to many articles, what if our NCAA games were played with no crowds??? Or else you will have to be tested on the way in and wear masks! No joke
that could be bad news, taking away home court advantage for higher seeds. first pass looking at site location and current rankings:
  • Gonzaga, who would be expected to get a #1 seed in Spokane.
  • Dayton ..to get a high seed in St. Louis > Indy
  • Baylor... Houston (2nd round)
  • SDSU .. Sacramento > LA
  • Kentucky ... St. Louis
  • Seton Hall ... Albany

that could be bad news, taking away home court advantage for higher seeds. first pass looking at site location and current rankings:
  • Gonzaga, who would be expected to get a #1 seed in Spokane.
  • Dayton ..to get a high seed in St. Louis > Indy
  • Baylor... Houston (2nd round)
  • SDSU .. Sacramento > LA
  • Kentucky ... St. Louis
  • Seton Hall ... Albany

1st round games (especially if you're in an afternoon session) are pretty sterile (might not be the right word to use in this context) environments anyway. Teams have to create their own energy.

1st round games (especially if you're in an afternoon session) are pretty sterile (might not be the right word to use in this context) environments anyway. Teams have to create their own energy.
for a bunch of the teams, yes. but I saw Duke play a first round game in Raleigh and their fans owned the arena. this is why i think the highly ranked teams are more affected by this.

however, you got me thinking....

a lot of times I've noticed the crowds at these early round games are cheering for the underdogs, when there's no home team playing. if the stadium is empty, that factor could also get removed -- we might see less upsets.

for a bunch of the teams, yes. but I saw Duke play a first round game in Raleigh and their fans owned the arena. this is why i think the highly ranked teams are more affected by this.

a lot of times I've noticed the crowds at these early round games are cheering for the underdogs, when there's no home team playing. if the stadium is empty, that factor could also get removed -- we might see less upsets.

That's usually the way it works out-and I expect it to be the case this year because I don't think the NCAA will keep fans out because of coronavirus.

Considering that only two teams have beat Dayton this year and they’re currently the #3 team in the nation I think it’s safe to say that would be the highlight of the year for a LOT of teams.

For God’s sake guys, there are lots of complaints you can have about this year. At least choose legit things to be upset about.

Considering that only two teams have beat Dayton this year and they’re currently the #3 team in the nation I think it’s safe to say that would be the highlight of the year for a LOT of teams.

For God’s sake guys, there are lots of complaints you can have about this year. At least choose legit things to be upset about.
The only thing I'm upset about is they left a lot on the table, lost games they shouldn't have. Doesn't mean I'm not behind the team, I am. My whole thing is this isn't the time to be stepping on your dick.

My daughter and I experienced something like this when we went to the Big XII Women's basketball tournament in I think 2009 or 2010. There had to be at least 8 or 10 CU fans there! Well my 12 YO daughter made it very clear that she was a big CU fan and there were several sections around us that started supporting the team fairly quickly. It didn't help as we lost, but in the absence of any team to support, I think crowds will cheer for the underdog.

That's a hell of a win-I'm watching San Diego State struggle with AFA RN and thinking Dayton would beat them by 10-15 points.

While other teams have improved..Tads squad peaked early and in a bit of decline...I think beating the Utes is a tough task...and there are really no Pac 12 patsies in the tourney....not optimistic..

While other teams have improved..Tads squad peaked early and in a bit of decline...I think beating the Utes is a tough task...and there are really no Pac 12 patsies in the tourney....not optimistic..
Hate to have been right...ugh. This team has lost its confidence....if they get UW in the first round....could it possibly be 5 in a row? Latest tourney pairings have them in....fingers crossed.

Back